1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T- Nice! Would look pretty sweet with some ivory grips.

How many FM compacts do you own now?

I'm looking for some white/ivory desert warrior compact grips. . .

compacts:

FM SVI 3.9 "V6"

FM SVI 3.9 black

FM SVI Tactical Carry Bulldog (3.9 slide)

FM SVI 3.9 Excellerator hybrid

SVI 3.9 IED (need a metal frame)

FM Wilson Professional

FM Wilson SDS

Wlson TSGC (need a metal frame)

FM Kimber Ultra Raptor II

FM Springfield Tommy Franks

FM Springfield V10 (Prime kit)

FM Springfield V10 (SD slide, Kimber CDP frame, frame coming soon!)

FM MGC Springfield V10

possibly coming soon (cross your fingers) : FM Springfield Micro

Edited by the cleaner
compacts:

FM SVI 3.9 "V6"

FM SVI 3.9 black

FM SVI Tactical Carry Bulldog (3.9 slide)

FM SVI 3.9 Excellerator hybrid

SVI 3.9 IED (need a metal frame)

FM Wilson Professional

FM Wilson SDS

Wlson TSGC (need a metal frame)

FM Kimber Ultra Raptor II

FM Springfield Tommy Franks

FM Springfield V10 (Prime kit)

FM Springfield V10 (SD slide, Kimber CDP frame, frame coming soon!)

FM MGC Springfield V10

possibly coming soon (cross your fingers) : FM Springfield Micro

Forgot to add:

FM SVI 4.3 Limited (non-rail frame). . .I know it's more of a Commander than a Compact but what the heck. . . Sames goes for the Wilson Pro (Commander slide, fullsize frame), Wilson SDS/TSGC (Commander slide, compact frame)

Edited by the cleaner

This doesnt compare to others ive seen on here but its the first gun ive messed around with.

Its not finished yet but ill just show what i have done so far.

side2yp8.jpg

chamberrv8.jpg

cockedfronttf1.jpg

sidecockeder4.jpg

side3ua6.jpg

side4rf6.jpg

Whats in it;

PGC black delta elite metal body kit

metal outer barrel (black, i sanded the chamber - no wait, i chromed the chamber.. yeah.. .. that bit is called the chamber right?)

PDI trigger

new grips

high flow valve

strengthened recoil spring - 150%

PDI 6.01mm tightbore inner barrel

Wishlist ;

new hammer

new grip safety

delta badge for the grip.

Whats in it;

PGC black delta elite metal body kit

metal outer barrel (black, i sanded the chamber - no wait, i chromed the chamber.. yeah.. .. that bit is called the chamber right?)

PDI trigger

new grips

high flow valve

strengthened recoil spring - 150%

PDI 6.01mm tightbore inner barrel

Wishlist ;

new hammer

new grip safety

delta badge for the grip.

You should do the barrel too. And I agree about the trigger. Needs new one :)

So...I was in a creative mood today...and this was what I came up with. I dunno, Steel Challenge? Now just have to get it running right internally.

img1882ul1.th.jpg

img1884rf0.th.jpg

Needs a magwell and a comp, I think. And I need to adjust the contour on the slide a bit more so it clears the scope mount properly.

Nice job Cortes, i really began to love Kimbers too so i had to build my own also.

Here is the Nova Kimber Warrior Kit with the TLE/RL2 frame. I'm still waiting on my real Warrior Tan grips (i bought them a couple of days ago so they should be in the mail and here soon. It took a lot of grinding and filing to get that stupid straight MSH and the stupid beavertail to sit nicely. There's still a few more things i'd like to do to this one.

(by the way, i fukkeeen hate NOVA now cause their frames and slides are sooo damn hard to fit compared to a PGC)

pic was taken outside with my Streamlight M6. I think my Streamlight M3 would look nice also, but i have a thing for layzers (in the Dr. Evil tone of voice).

DSC01020.jpg

DSC01021.jpg

Edited by asinapple8805

the rail slots on my NOVA slide were not deep enough and not wide enough so i had to do a hell of a lot of filing to the original TM 1911 rails (the rails that are in the frame). also, the blow back chamber didn't quite sit as well as i wanted it to in the slide and was actually too low and interfered with the rear rails of the frame.

on top of that, i had to do a lot of filing to get the Beavertail to fit as well as a hicapa main spring housing. for the MSH, not only did the frame have that little rail, but the frame was also too tight for the capa MSH. i ended having to shave off the sides and bottom of the MSH (and i'm still not completely done with it all either).

i also needed to do a lot of shaving off on the slide fitting piece that is provided (exactly like the piece that Tanio Koba makes to put a Hicapa slide on a 1911). if i didn't shave it, the TM stuff wouldn't drop in.

small stuff also didn't fit smoothly like the mag catch, and the rear safety. both of them needed a little bit of shaving on the shaft.

in addition to that, the supplied metal outer barrel was not a drop in fit. with it in, the chamber locks would always get caught and would hinder the blow back significantly. i just ended up ditching it and going with a different metal barrel instead.

also the rear rails that are built into the frame needed some filing to match the TM rails after i dropped them into the gun.

Overall, i wouldn't do it again unless someone paid me. It's not worth it considering the price.

I didn't have so many problems fitting NOVA kit. Blow back chamber was drop in. Small filling with rear sight. The problem was to fit Tanio Koba parts. Beavertail safety was different shape where the pin from thumb safety goes in and i had to cut the small part of the frame, a bar that connects two sides of the frame near the holes where all the pins go. Also thumb safety was difficult to fit without some filling. Had no problems with slide and frame ... Kit is very light. It's nice balanced with oryginal grips but with RS grips it's a bit too light. I think I'm going to paint oryginal grips and leave them. At least for skirmishing ;)

ok, its now official. on september 17th i am buying this:

cant wait...

and in 2 weeks, im ordering a WE m1911 tactical, and throwing on gunner grips to make a marsoc

i win

-Joe

Are you buying the real one or the Prime kit? Also, a WE M1911 Tactical with gunner grips doesn't make a marsoc, it makes a WE M1911 Tactical with gunner grips...