1911 Picture Thread

OK, these are most likely the last pics i'll post of this gun since you guys are probably so tired of seeing the same gun over and over again. If i do post more pics, it will be of my gun, paint completely stripped and duracoated either dark earth, or something cool. maybe with a slim long 9ball slide stop, and some real steel rubber mag bumpers.

i finally got my Warrior grips in. bought them off of ebay from rare-n-unique. Holding the gun now feels like holding adriana lima in the palm of your hand.

Chris, to answer your previous question, the gun i bought used but relatively new from blade3000 for $180 and a bunch of mags (for those who play with me, i'm a mag wh0re when it comes to pistols cause i tend to fire a lot in pistol games). the nova kit cost me whatever the going price was on redwolf plus $20 shipping or so. the trigger, hammer, beavertail, ambisafety, metal outer barrel, and Main spring housing all cost me close to nothing cause i had these parts kinda lying around from an earlier project (capa project). i could lie to you and tell you that there are a butt load of aftermarket parts in here, but i could also tell you the truth that near stock it runs the best. i have a lot of parts at home (in hawaii) that are just lying around like nineball dyna heads, pdi piston heads, guarder cup seals, guarder loading nozzles, firefly floating valves, tightbore inners from KM, PDI, and laylax (9ball), high flow valves from guarder and 9ball, hammer springs and recoil springs from guarder and KA... you get the point. It all comes down to how much you want to spend. it's just a pity that i'm here in California finishing my last college semester up and don't have access to those parts right now.

the rules of thumb are:

if it's not broke, then don't fix it.

just cause it's aftermarket, enhanced, or reinforced doesn't always equal performance.

just a little tuning can go a long way.

cortes, after putting on the Warrior grips, the gun ended up not as light as you think. a lot of it could be the different outer barrel that i used because the Nova one was kinda light aluminum. it helped that i put a flashlight on, but even without it, it still feels really hefty.

i think the thing i love most about this NOVA kit was the fact that it dropped right into my Serpa without any problems.

this time i took pics with my m3 cause i already took pics of it with the m6 last time.

DSC01023.jpg

DSC01024.jpg

DSC01022.jpg

Edited by asinapple8805
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you seem to miss my point.

yes, i am buying a REAL kimber raptor, but i cant justify buying a $750 airsoft PISTOL. i mean jesus, thats insane. more power to you if you want to, but me... NO. i am fine with my plan of spending $100 on a pistol which is CLOSE to a kimber marsoc icqb.

the REAL kimber raptor will cost me a little less than $1200, maybe a little more when i get a few extra mags and bumpers

-Joe

but i dont want one of those...

also, the kimber raptor is a REAL PISTOL THAT I AM GOING TO BUY IN SEPTEMBER

-Joe

i am talking about REAL PISTOLS. you really should check out

10-8 forums at http://www.10-8forums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php

Hilton Yam is a pretty respected gunsmith/trainer on 1911s and he has a couple of nice articles on choosing the right combat 1911.

but hey, to each their own.

yes, i am buying a REAL kimber raptor, but i cant justify buying a $750 airsoft PISTOL. i mean jesus, thats insane. more power to you if you want to, but me... NO. i am fine with my plan of spending $100 on a pistol which is CLOSE to a kimber marsoc icqb.

the REAL kimber raptor will cost me a little less than $1200, maybe a little more when i get a few extra mags and bumpers

-Joe

As an owner of a Kimber Raptor, is it possible for you to order new sets of Raptor grips from Kimber? If so I'd be interested in footing the bill for a set :S

ta.

-Joe

I wasn't suggesting that you purchase a $750 airsoft pistol, just ridiculing the notion that by purchasing a WE Tactical and a set of grips and combining the two you somehow get a Marsoc. It's sort of like buying a Pontiac Fiero, putting racing slicks on it, and saying it's a Lotus Espirit or some Ferrari.

Now if you insist on making a ghetto Marsoc, buy a WE 1911a1 and a WE tactical, take the controls and slide from the WE tactical, take the frame from the 1911a1, mod the a1 frame to accept the beavertail safety. Next buy a dawson precision rail, drill 3 holes in the a1 frame and affix the rail, then put the whole thing together.

Joe- some people will find it just as ridiculous to pay the big bucks for a Kimber as opposed to a cheaper brand 1911. Same idea with airsoft, if you are gonna buy something at all, why buy the cheap POS? spend the money on a quality piece, just like you plan on doing with the real Kimber.

:( damn you for catching me at a time of weakness! ;)

Heh, heh. Maybe someone could organize for a nice young lady to go to Kimber and sweet talk the sales rep. Just get them to lean over the counter in a low cut top, it works for them at bars.

And 'cos this is a picture thread, here's a pic of Angelina Jolie's piece in Wanted which I predict a few people will want to make a build of when the movie hits the cinemas.

wanted1911srn5.jpg

not many single stack metal kits with square trigger guards. . Caspian & Wilson ..very limited. .Sheriff made some. . but for Magnas. .

I don't know if anyone would want that foo-foo-ish artsy fartsy designs on a 1911. . maybe a girl or a Angelina stalker. .

hurray!. .HKS wants to donate his Springfield Operator for the Angelina Jolie special. . .please ship it to me at . . .

btw. .pertaining to the Angelina's gun. . I find it weird it has that comp and still the barrel bushing intact. . is that common? I've usually seen comps that attach using the barrel bushing slots on the slide. . but not together.

Edited by the cleaner

I'm fairly certain that manufacturers/retailers will churn out body kits and fully built pistols replicating that gun. I wouldn't be surprised if someone released a metal slide + grips kit with those annoying engravings all over them.

First off, Springfield Operator, get it right....

And two, yeah didn't notice that. Idiot comp looks even worse now that you mention it. I have never seen one with a bushing outside of airsoft....

doh. . corrected on the Springfield. . .

and her finger is not on the trigger properly. .should be on her first digit of the finger, not the second...compliments of Rob Leatham

well, she does have a nice 1911..but i've got a better gun for her....you know where it is..... B) (insert picture of Fabio.

EDIT: didn't think i made this sarcastic enough, so just to let you all know..i'm kidding...i don't have a bigger or better gun.....well....maybe not bigger, but ".25ACP's" still "sting" if ya know what i mean...nudge nudge

Edited by Spencedaddy
First off, Springfield Operator, get it right....

And two, yeah didn't notice that. Idiot comp looks even worse now that you mention it. I have never seen one with a bushing outside of airsoft....

I've seen comps that are basically a bushing that extends out past the slide and barrel, cheap stuff. Not airsoft.