1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleaner, TM FTW. You can't be a TM performance wise in the field. That's all i have to say.

Racing maniac, what kind of grips are those? they look nice.

Krame, i see you cut the beavertail instead of cutting the frame. interesting choice. it works, and looks nice, so whatever i guess.

Edited by asinapple8805
Krame, i see you cut the beavertail instead of cutting the frame. interesting choice. it works, and looks nice, so whatever i guess.

Yup, I'd rather cut up a beavertail, if I mess up it's cheaper to just get a new one than getting a new frame. I cut the hi-capa beavertail like how a RS Wilson Combat drop in beavertail is cut. They are made to work with a government style frame with the pointy tang. Works great, everything is still functional.

I believe the grips are called Pachmayr Signature series with Finger Groove. Its the same series of grip as the MEU style wraparound but this is with the groove feature....

I think they might be available without the medalion, but I am not 100% on that...

Not really up there with the beauties in this thread, but it is a 1911:

WEMills1911.jpg

I had a broken Hogue slip-on grip, so I tried to see if I could copy the Pachamyr (Spelling?) style grip. Don't think it came out that well to be honest, so I might try to work on it a bit more.

mcc-dano, my NOVA kit Kimber Warrior fits my BHI Serpa if that helps any at all.

Chris North, interesting job. did you whittle those grips yourself?

also to the regulars here, i need your opinion. what hammer looks nice on a Kimber warrior other than the hammer that you're supposed to use? i'm thinking of changing the hammer, but i really don't know what to get.

also, one more question. does anyone know if real steel slide stops will fit without much fitting?

Edited by asinapple8805

Krame, tell me all of your thoughts on the Wilson checkered front strap. i was really thinking of buying one maybe 2 weeks ago off of cheaper than dirt (among other things). also i saw one ebay a place that offers to checker 1911 frames. you send them your frame or slide and they can do a lot of cool stuff like make cuts for front sights, make cuts for rear sights (adjustable, novak, whatever) and they can also checker your frame. i guess the wilson checkered front strap is always an easier alternative. is it metal? is it rubber? how is the feel after? how is the color match?

also guys, i was really thinking of going all black on my kimber warrior. black outer, black trigger, black controls, black hammer, black grip safety. and i was also thinking of maybe going with an all dark earth color for the frame and slide. that matched with the tan warrior grips. what are your thoughts.

i'm definitely not very artistic, but i wanted this gun to be nice.

Greetings!

I am planning to make a full metal 1911 based on TM model. High quality finish and strong blow-back are most important to me.

I was hoping You guys could help me a little. Which metal slides and frames are the best in Your opinon PGC, Nova Kimber or Guarder? Also are CNC machined slides really that better than Guarder alluminium? Is that boost in quality worthy of spending 100$ more? Does alluminium lighter weight mean that the blow-back action will be faster?

Thanks in advance!

I think quality wise Nova and PGC from the opinions around are the same, but as some have point out Nova is harder to fit apparently...I think aluminum slide is light, but its not lighter than stock ABS slide, so the blow back might not be faster.

CNC machined aluminium slides are much better than guarder's casted ######. If you want fast blowback, go for CNC machined ones. They are lighter and higher in quality and most definitely worth the investment. ABS slides are still the fastest though, naturaly. I have Nineball ABS slide on one of mine. Although its overpriced piece of *beep*, It serves its purpose, and deliver excellent operability on the field/range.

I'm usualy ok with Guarder parts, except when it comes to metal kits for pistols.

I had guarder parts in glocks and sigs as well. Later on, I ended up getting PGC/Shooter's Design etc kits because gun was keep failing/unstable when it was cold.(or under rapid fire) After transition, it was flawless. Especialy for SIG full kit weight different between PGC/Pro-win kit and Guarder kit was almost twice the difference. That's twice less efficiency, unless it's like hot summer.

I have few Nova parts on mine. Drop in fit. No idea on the full kits though. Nova and PGC seems on the similar ground as far as quality goes. It just Nova produces models PGC do not, along with other goodies it comes with(Novak sights etc)

Edited by fal

pgc and nova kits are all drop in

the pgc kit for TM 1911 is drop in, you just have to sand the leaf spring a bit

the nova kit for TM 1911 is 100% drop in, no sanding at all, very easy to install

always get CNC kit because they are made from 1 piece aluminum instead of die-casted