1911 Picture Thread

Sorry about the massive pics. They've now been resized. I can't seem to get the HTML I know to work on this forum.

@ asinapple8805. The Hogue grips for the 1911 are really very comfortably indeed. The rubber is moulded around some plastic that makes it just solid enough. The rubber itself is perfect. Not enough good words for those grips.

They did take an absolute age to fit though. It took me about 5 minits of filiing to get the bushings on the WE small enough to sit the grips on. Then another half hour + of filing, to get the grips to sit around the front of the gun. So I could get both sides on at the same time. Absolute nightmare. Yet copmpletely worth it. :D

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to go all low-end on everyone, but here is my bell 1911A1 with some hogue rosewood grips that i just received from hogueauction.com

bell1911a1_left2.jpg

bell1911a1_right2.jpg

bell1911a1_rightgrip.jpg

works for me ;) , only negative is that they make the gun a little bit lighter

Edited by hotelkilo

sorry to post this here, but does anyone know where i can get a kimber style silver 3 hole trigger and a marui compatible kimber marked slide for my m1911? thats all i would need to make it even more a marsoc

if someone here had them that would be perfect... i dont want to pay overseas shipping for that little

thanks

-Joe

Edited by masakarijoe
sorry to post this here, but does anyone know where i can get a kimber style silver 3 hole trigger and a marui compatible kimber marked slide for my m1911? thats all i would need to make it even more a marsoc

if someone here had them that would be perfect... i dont want to pay overseas shipping for that little

thanks

-Joe

Shooter's Design used to make 3 Kimber slides for the TM Hicapa, though I haven't seen any of them in stock for a while now. As for what's easily available, your best bet would be to buy a Nova kit. Another option would be to get someone to engrave the Kimber trades for you. The trigger on the other hand would be much easier to get, since there are a number of TM compatible 3 hole triggers on the market.

Hi-Capa slide only, 1911s you need to get the metal kit(or engrave and paintfill the WE maybe?):

Airsoft Surgeon Kimber: http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=24527

Probably not compatible with SD's barrel bushing system, so you'll have to use bull barrel with that. Also don't come with sight like SD's, so you'll need Hi-Capa's sight.

That's probably your only option in terms of buying a Kimber slide....

3 Hole trigger, I think Nova, Nine-Ball, Tanio-Koba, and KM all makes it, for either Hi-Capa or 1911(will fit both), so just find the retailer that sells it and you are set...

Hi-Capa slide only, 1911s you need to get the metal kit(or engrave and paintfill the WE maybe?):

If you're talking Marui then the Hicapa slides also work for the 1911A1 version. You only need a little expange part by TK. That's it.

And by the way the slide is a copy of Goldmatch Ten II for Hicapa BoMar sight … no Kimber Novak sight.

If you're talking Marui then the Hicapa slides also work for the 1911A1 version. You only need a little expange part by TK. That's it.

And by the way the slide is a copy of Goldmatch Ten II for Hicapa BoMar sight … no Kimber Novak sight.

I wasn't clear enough with my post, I meant you can only get Hi-Capa slide, not 1911 slide, as no company other than Creation I think make 1911 specific slide without the body kit....

im sorry, i really dont know much about this... can someone link me to one of these slides? all i can seem to find are WA slides, a need a TM slide, preferably with sights and all so i can just slap it on

i knwo this is a picture thread, sorry for all the questions

-Joe

masakari, i'm thinking of buying the AS kimber slide to see the quality. if it's a better slide than my current NOVA kimber warrior slide (which sucks IMO compared to SD), i might just sell the NOVA slide to you. the only thing that ###### me off is that the AS kimber slide only takes bomar rear sights instead of the novak. i guess you can't have everything.

asinapple8805/ I'm receiving my AS kimber(two tone) slide today(Fedex tracking shows it's in the vehicle for delivery.) If it helps, I can give you my verdict.(via PM if you prefer that way) I also have PGC STI eagle slide so I could compare against it. I wish there are more parts for hicapa available though. Like entire rear sights and such. Now I have to source another hicapa just so I can get iron sights off. Sigh~ (current one is on STI slide)

masakarijoe/ You can buy nova kits from www.redwolfairsoft.com Just search "nova kimber". It's not just a slide. It's the kit consisting of frame and slide along with few bits. For 3 hole trigger, Just search for trigger. Last I checked, TK 3 hole trigger is only available from www.dentrinityshop.com Search "koba" and flip few pages, you will find it. Nova kit is around 340USD and the trigger is around 22~43USD depending on the brand. But I could be bit off on pricing. Best to check it for yourself.

Last time I checked, Nova trigger used to be sold at redwolf but it's out of stock. KM 3 hole used to be sold at WGC, but also out of stock. As far as I can see nineball ones are still available. I only shop from redwolf and wgcshop so I can't comment on other shops. Just search around retailers putting right keywords, you will find them.

For shooter's design kimber slide(the one with tactical sights on already) it's pretty much out of stock everywhere. I belive it's not made anymore but if you are lucky you would come accross one somewhere. I have found one place but it's not english spoken shop and they sell it for god awful 190USD for it. This is why I said "find". There could be a shop still has few left in their stock.

Edited by fal
masakari, i'm thinking of buying the AS kimber slide to see the quality. if it's a better slide than my current NOVA kimber warrior slide (which sucks IMO compared to SD), i might just sell the NOVA slide to you. the only thing that ###### me off is that the AS kimber slide only takes bomar rear sights instead of the novak. i guess you can't have everything.

You also may not be able to use 1911 barrel which uses the bushing system, you might have to run the tapered barrel like a Hi-Capa...

choffman, nice choice of gun. TM FTW. if you're interested in a stock plastic slide that doesn't have orange on it, let me know. i still have my stock one incase your paint removal doesn't end up looking so nice.

fal, i'd really like to hear about the AS slide. the only thing i'm not so stoked about is the bomar rear sight, and the engravings on the other side. i was hoping for a more tactical pistol instead of a racy one. Oh well, one can only hope. hopefully the slide is a near drop in fit and is of good quality. i look forward to your review.

also guys, i've replaced my flat MSH with the arched on that comes stock on the 1911. i think i'm beginning to like the feel on the arched one over the flat as it seems to fit my big hands better. what do you guys think?

/For asinapple8805

KimberGMTII-001.jpg

I got my slide and installed it to give you quick report.

*Features

• Comes with recoil spring plug. This is flush fit. Made for hicapa/2011 style recoil spring guide rod. This part will not work with 1911 barrel bushing.
  • Pre-cut notch for barrel bushing to lock in. This means you can use barrel bushing with this slide. You will need to have your own 1911 barrel, bushing and recoil guide plug.
  • Bo-mar rear sight cut, dovetail front sight cut. Nothing special here.
  • Weight of slide itself is identical to PGC slide. I measured it on a scale.(87.5g apprx)

*Fittment

• Slide to frame rail/grove fittment is high precision and flowless.
  • Note that my blowback housing is already modified through my slide change history. I had to sand down bottom of it to sit flush with both Nineball ABS slide and PGC STI Eagle slide. When I installed my existing blowback housing, it fits properly with no modification. This means if your blowback housing is not modified yet, expect to go through some sanding.
  • I tried my nineball recoil spring kit. The plug from it fits no problem.
  • I tried my nineball bull barrel. Fits with no problem.
  • The opening of slide is slightly tighter than PGC.
  • Two tone finish. Painted parts are flat black. Does't get scratched too easily. About the same resistancy to PGC slide. Stronger than Shooter's Design slides paint finish.
  • Bare metal shows machined metal grains. I hate baremetal painted in silver(like Pro-win P226 kits) So this is plus.

*Issues

• After fitting all and cycling slide manualy, the slide occasional locks back.(Both with magazine intact and removed) I switched my slide stop to hicapa one and problem was gone.
  • Upon test firing, it moves very sluggish and sometimes don't complete the cycle. Something is wrong. I don't have time to take a good look at it yet but I think it's to do with either my nineball recoil spring kit and/or the barrel. People, please don't buy nineball parts. I said before and say it again, they are biggest piece of overpriced ######. Cheap material, bad design. Anyway thats for another day. I don't think it's the slide's fault, but rather the other parts I mentioned above.
  • Now the biggest let down, it came with blemish/scratch on the slide!! And it's on bare metal side. Please refer to the included picture. It's quite visible when light is reflecting. Otherwise not very noticable.
  • Make sure to get reinforced recoil spring. Stock 1911 recoil spring doesn't cut it.(Works but not satisfactory)

KimberGMTII-010.jpg

*The look on 1911.

This is very personal preference but Bo-mar sight isn't too bad. The 1911 on the photos are just as a reference. I took them just to show you how it looks like on 1911 frame. I initialy bought this slide for double stack platform thus it is going to go to para ord frame. I'm sorry my photos aren't great. I'm no professional photographer nor particularly good at it. :P

KimberGMTII-007.jpg

KimberGMTII-008.jpg

*Verdict.

Worth the cost? Maybe. I'm not happy with the damage done to it out of box. Bit let down for collectors. Also the fact that it doesn't work with my existing parts makes me think this might be one of those picky slide for certain barrel and recoil spring setup. My PGC STI slide was on this exact frame with same barrel and recoil spring set and I had zero problems. At least I know this barrel doesn't work with nineball bull barrel and/or recoil kit. It may work fine with SD setup or stock TM setup. I much would like to confirm this for you, but I no longer have stock TM bushing/barrel parts. I will need to order some more parts then I would be able to investigate the matter furthur in detail.

Hope this helps.

also guys, i've replaced my flat MSH with the arched on that comes stock on the 1911. i think i'm beginning to like the feel on the arched one over the flat as it seems to fit my big hands better. what do you guys think?

I don't know whether you do extensive pistol shooting or not but I do and flat MSH is miles better than traditional arched one. This isn't much of an issue if you are wearing shooting gloves, but on bare hands, this is one evil thing. I do lot of defensive shooting practice with 1911/2011's and eventualy my hands end up sweating. Wet palm and this bulging MSH doesn't work together. It just keep trying to slip away and makes the grip insecure. Not to the vast degree but it's one of those things bothers hell a lot of me. Since I apply same grip pressure and posture as I do with real steel, this happens just the same with airsoft 1911.

Perhaps this is something to do with the size of my hands as well. My hands are not big and for the same reason, beaver tail grip safty just doesn't work either.

Edited by fal