1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks folks.

hkssr20det is right, I do shoot my guns (even more now that I am doing postals). It is true that I don't skirmish with the Delta (I hate using single stack mags) but the 1911 is best for target work anyway.

Back when this gun was built the NOVA beavertails hadn't come out yet so my only option was to do a custom one (TM or RS). It might not be worth the trouble now but it was then (I still like knowing that I have custom fit RS parts though).

Nice gun Romulus. Love the PDI ring hammer. :):P

I too don't favour much using TM single stack for field. Just due to the fact that it cools down too much. I frequently use them on the range though, which is perfectly fine.

The ring hammer is very nice. When I had hkssr20det install mine a while back he lic=ked it so much that he bought another for himself.

In my mind the only thing that a 1911 is truly good for is as a custom range gun. I'm thinking that I should buy another mag so that I can shoot postals with it.

I think that the only 10mm barrel out there is the black one (like I have) that comes with the TM PGC kit.

I was wishing that SD made a 10mm chamber so that I could swap over to steel for more weight.

It is pretty lame that no one else does 10mm chambers.

Just finished rebuilding her, Magna (not Magna-Tech or SCW ######) Para P14.45

Shooters Design Frame

SD Slide

SD Loading nozzle and floating valve

Brownells Bake-On CB / Black Paint

Needs some Finishing touches, and a better photographer.

Better Pics tomorrow...

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

Last time I checked Paras were 1911's... just double stack. All thats different is the frame and mag really.

The way I look at it, if it has a modular polymer frame it's a 2011, if it has a metal frame it's a 1911. Personally I would have gone with a darker color on the paint, anyway how do you like the SD frame?

My Delta Elite (WA)

Thanks a bunch to ben (hkser220dt) for recommending me upgrade parts...

Sorry 'bout the cheesy tagline. I can't help it :

deltatitle.jpg

Got a good angle taking the chamber pic :

deltachamber.jpg

Alongside with Springfield V10 :

deltaxv10.jpg

Sweet. In that other shot it almost looked black.

I just got rid of my other stock V10, but I did like the new markings, and the fact that they gave you a stubby springfield style ambi safety this time around. The metal outerbarrel is definitely a plus. I cant believed I spent $100 from boomarms just for a prime outerbarrel <_< . When 2 weeks later this gun was announced...

Sweet. In that other shot it almost looked black.

I just got rid of my other stock V10, but I did like the new markings, and the fact that they gave you a stubby springfield style ambi safety this time around. The metal outerbarrel is definitely a plus. I cant believed I spent $100 from boomarms just for a prime outerbarrel <_< . When 2 weeks later this gun was announced...

Thanks :) Yes, that other shot was created under minimal lightings, not actually intending to create a black v10, though. hahaha..But most of the time you can have 2+ kind of colors from a same gun with lighting play with your camera and lighting equipments (and maybe some Pinotoshop) :wide-eyed:

If you didn't point it out I wouldn't ever know that older V10's thumb ambi safety is actually different than this one!

Nonetheless, I saw your V10s and I'm a big fan of them :) Your dedicated custom works and the results really deserve a 'wow'!

Does anyone here has a 1911 (airsoft) with ambi safety that has no tang on the right side? I would love to see it!

Edited by oray
Last time I checked Paras were 1911's... just double stack. All thats different is the frame and mag really.

you are right. paras are m1911s, absolutely

the rest of you are crazy

roadrunner, great looking mean machine. personally, our corps needs a pistol like that. our next pistol should be a para

-Joe