1911 Picture Thread

Very nice gun

love kimbers, LAPD and warrior/meusoc. Was wondering if you were me whould you buy a new WA Kimber Lapd/warrior/muesoc (havent decided which i want yet, love them all), or whould you buy a metal kit and install it on my current TM 1911... i have been wanting a kimber for a very long time and i finally have the cash for one :)

Hi Buddy,

To be honest, I'd go straight for the Kimber, as although you can upgrade and add to a TM 1911, it's still always going to be a TM 1911...it'll never officially be a Kimber. With regards to performance, WA haters were very impressed at the Kimber's performance, and it out fired many pistols on the range the other day, and the accuracy seemed good too.

You can always get a WA Kimber and then pop a metal slide set on it...that's what I would do, however, I've just kept mine standard.

Oli

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. I do own souped up TM 1911 with fancy metal kits and mostly with the aftermarket steel controls but if I were to start all over, I'd go with WA platform as a base. Although it doesn't shoot as accurately as TM, it serves as what it meant to be as a side arm. And for the fact that WA gives better kick compare to TM 1911 when both are equipped with CNC machined aluminium slides. Going through WA route seems much simpler, granted if you can find the metal kit you are after. Turning TM1911 into someting distinct such as Kimber costs a lot of money and sometimes, a hassle to boot.

I'm no hater when it comes to TM 1911. I love how mine shoots. But if I were to start something new, it would most definitely be WA based. I only went to upgrade route because initialy I wanted 1911A1 then I grown into liking Kimber and other 1911 varients. Since I had TM1911 already I just went ahead upgrading it.(not to mention I had 8 spare mags by that stage already anyway)

Any cons I would consider with WA would be expensive spare mags. But unless you are planning to use the pistol as your primary, that doesn't become much of a concern in my opinion.

Another interesting thought was that well I bought TM1911 for the field. And upgraded it, with an intetion of using it on the field. But after putting nice kits on it, I didn't want to use it on the field anymore because I didn't want to damage the finish. So now they are retired to range only use. Bit ironic or let's say, shot myself in the foot. :P Something to think about if you haven't thought about it.

hehe thanks Solid Snake. Would be good to see the pics if not describe what you did. i know mine isnt a replica but its how Id like mine to look. Still fot to find a nice custom trigger. I was going to build a pair but thought Id start another project. Maybe sometime down the line.

I gotta say the performance and blowback of the WA's are great but my kimber is a beast, but when you consider the cost of the upgrate its nearly into the £400 bracket. But oh so worth it to help my 1911 fetish hehehe.

Frakk2k...where did you get those grips? are they hogues?

Does anyone know if/where they sell the Springfield Armory 1911 grips with the Springfield logo on them? They are not on the website

These grips:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem....m=103784559#PIC

I just got a TM 1911 with Gaurder Springfield kit and it would really add to the look.

Edited by Mr Foxhound

Carter it's just inserts under normal grips:

http://www.midwayuk.com/apps/eproductpage....leItemID=799381

You can buy that much cheaper on USA branch: midwayusa.com.

MR. Foxhound I think those grips are still avalible in UNCOMPANY

http://www.midwayuk.com/apps/eproductpage....leItemID=799381

60$

Not excatly the same but if You can't find oryginal they looks pretty good.

Edited by cortes_

Sorry to keep whoring off my Raptor but it's all I's got so lay's off's me's ya hear's!

anyway. I had to remove the ambi from the ambi-safety, out of need rather than desire, and since it was GLUED to ensure stability (doink) I had to hack it off.

Thusly, It's now a Black-Stainless Raptor II, not sure on the new look so far but I'm sure missing those Raptor grips :'(

Any rate, here she is..

CIMG2240.jpg

and here she is in action..

th_CIMG2251.jpg

cheers.

Edited by hardboiledcop