1911 Picture Thread

Very Nice, How Many 1911's do you have now Mobius?

Cheers bud, those are ones I've had for a while. Total number? Less now I've sold about 5 off recently :lol:

I reckon about 15 full metal currently and a couple of OE that are waiting for Prime to do a metal kit for, or I've lost interest in ;)

One day I'll do a group shot and I'll know for sure.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this isn't much but i love my TM 1911 and I had nothing better to do :P After almost 2 years of service it's still kicking and I wouldn't trade it for anything. So here are 2 pics to do it some justice.

DSC01233.jpg

The day I got it.

DSC01331.jpg

Maybe a month ago. I ground down the mag release after loosing 2 mags in one day .... killed me. After I took the pic I textured the mag release with a checker patter and painted it black.

how cuuuuute. With the concealed carry and everything! :P

I hear good things about the detonics... I just can't for the life of me stand the full width sub-length grips.... it bugs the #### out of me.

Anyone know if BoomArms actually has half of their listed stock of Prime kits actually left in stock???

I desperately need the MkIV Ser.70 silver kit... and they're the only place left that even has it listed as *possibly* in stock. :(

I know this isn't much but i love my TM 1911 and I had nothing better to do :P After almost 2 years of service it's still kicking and I wouldn't trade it for anything. So here are 2 pics to do it some justice.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn142/escendo22/DSC01233.jpg[/img

The day I got it.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn142/escendo22/DSC01331.jpg[/img

Maybe a month ago. I ground down the mag release after loosing 2 mags in one day .... killed me. After I took the pic I textured the mag release with a checker patter and painted it black.

I had the same problem as well with my TM 1911, the solution I came up with was to buy a hard plastic type holster. The Safariland 6004 holsters are without a doubt worth every penny. :D

Edited by Badly Browned

Hey

THis seems the best place to ask i have a Nine Ball Spring Guide Set, and the thing has all come apart and with the spacers and ball bearing bit popping off the top. Is this part completely knackered, any cures. Any one have the same problem. Ill get pics up of the gun later just need problem fixing hehe

Cheers

John

mine came apart too. I think what happened is that the spring seat is pressed into the rod. But because of the rod being hollow, to accomodate the knobby for the stock TM1911 setup, the press fit is loose and the cycling force will just push it out....

I like the idea of a needle bearing spring seat, but the execution is poor....

I had the same problem as well with my TM 1911, the solution I came up with was to buy a hard plastic type holster. The Safariland 6004 holsters are without a doubt worth every penny. :D

I figured that would help considerably so i have a Blackhawk Serpa on my list of "to get". Unfortunately my university expenses out way my airsoft ones so the alteration to the mag catch seemed like the best (and cheapest) way to go about it.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn142/e...22/DSC01233.jpg

The day I got it.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn142/e...22/DSC01331.jpg

My stock TM 1911A1 is by far my most reliable and accurate GBB I own. I might enjoy fiddling with my metal slided TM G17 and Tanaka M29 more, but when I have to go into a skirmish, the only gun I trust enough to work every time has been my 1911.

Your finish seems to have worn far better then mine... all the "parkerize" has worn off much of the frame and slide from handling. The resilience of TM finish's is really my own complaint with them.

My positive experience with the 1911A1 may encourage (force) me to buy an MEU in the future...

And I agree about the hard plastic holster. Uncle mikes makes a low-cost kydex drop leg that works great, and I'm a big fan of Blackhawks! SERPA series for both airsoft and real steel.

Steve