1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im new to this pistol lark so i have some questions. Will this barrel fit my TM MEU?

I was wondering if there is any way of removing the right hand side of the ambidextrous safety as i dont really like it.

Also, i plan on getting a tightbore for it, can anyone reccomend me a good one?

Thanks

Darkchild

Edited by darkchild130

I was messing around with some different effects, what do you think?

The first couple of pictures are obviously black and white but on the third I tried to create the effect you sometimes see when old black and white photos or film are turned into colour. The last few are normal close ups.

WA M1911 'Carbon Black'

SP_A0525.jpg

SP_A0527.jpg

SP_A0526.jpg

SP_A0524.jpg

SP_A0528.jpg

I was messing around with some different effects, what do you think?

The first couple of pictures are obviously black and white but on the third I tried to create the effect you sometimes see when old black and white photos or film are turned into colour. The last few are normal close ups.

Chris, when it's a gun as classic as the M1911 you can't go wrong; whether it's aged or contemporary pictures ;)

Personally speaking, I prefer the 'normal' colour photos for detail.

Keep on snapping, they're nice photos and it's always great to see the early 1911 up on this thread :)

Chris, when it's a gun as classic as the M1911 you can't go wrong; whether it's aged or contemporary pictures ;)

Personally speaking, I prefer the 'normal' colour photos for detail.

Keep on snapping, they're nice photos and it's always great to see the early 1911 up on this thread :)

Mr Dean - will you kindly stop drooling ? Its putting the others off............................ :P

But yes, its a 1911 - yummeh !

im new to this pistol lark so i have some questions. Will this barrel fit my TM MEU?

I was wondering if there is any way of removing the right hand side of the ambidextrous safety as i dont really like it.

Also, i plan on getting a tightbore for it, can anyone reccomend me a good one?

Thanks

Darkchild

I'll answer your questions, the Nine ball outer barrel will fit and the Nine ball makes good 6.03 Tight bores as well. PDI also makes a 6.01 barrel for your TM 1911 too.

neros131 - nice pistol. I like it.

Hahaha, glad to hear it! I was going to try to find some other bits to throw on, but I like it how it is. The only things that I can think of are a new MSH with a recessed lanyard loop, maybe a new trigger. Other than that, I am leaving it alone. Even those upgrades are only tentative.

Zmarre is that the WA MKIV Ser.70 magnatech? Looks like it, and I have one myself...

Love the thing, but a word of caution, the silver finish on just about every part of the gun [e.g.-all the plastic parts] rubs off quite easily. :( Granted, I didn't think about it, and kept it in a rather snug drop-leg, but standard usage destroyed the paint in a disappointingly short time.

*will post pictures soon*

That's why I've been so frustrated with Boomarms, I've emailed them at least 3-4 times, still no response on whether their MkIV Ser.70 silver kit is still in stock. :(

Zmarre is that the WA MKIV Ser.70 magnatech? Looks like it, and I have one myself...

Love the thing, but a word of caution, the silver finish on just about every part of the gun [e.g.-all the plastic parts] rubs off quite easily. sad.gif Granted, I didn't think about it, and kept it in a rather snug drop-leg, but standard usage destroyed the paint in a disappointingly short time.

Jup, it's that one. It's somewhat the cheapest WA available (I wanted to use it as a base gun anyway). And I know about the chipping, I had one like this before and after two skirms it looked worse than my grandma.

Thanks. They are custom G10 by Larry Davidson. He makes a bunch of cool designs and will make your own design on request. *cough* don't get the same one as me *cough* :P Comfortable or not, I can't stand the look of the Simonich golfball grips I see everywhere that I was originally planning to get, and I was thankfully outbid. I really liked the design of the milled Kimber wood grips on the Aegis. These have a similar design and are on better material.