1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know if the newer KJW 1911s will accept TM magazines?

yeah they seem to work fine. You are talking about the KJ Single Stacks, right?

I have a Question: Do Real Steel Barrel Bushings work with TM/WE 1911s?

Edited by vengecore

Hi Guys I am a Newbie here. These are my KJ works full metal 1911A1's customized.

Upgraded with several parts inside and outside.

19111.jpg

As you can see I got a little carried away with the Castor Troy theme after reading about the Castor Troy project here on Arnies.

Both Guns have been wetsanded down to get paint off. Grips are custom made bone and horn grips.

Let me know what you think.

Ill get back to you if you are interrested to hear what parts I have used. I also found out during this project that all parts made for the TM 1911A1 will fit the KJ Works 1911.

19112.jpg

19113.jpg

19114.jpg

Thank you for looking, have a nice night.

Best Regards,

Kenneth from Norway.

The plunger tube is a bit of a pain to get off a stock frame. It requires removal of the internal metal frame. What make Kimber metal frame have you bought? It is unlikely the stock plunger tube will fit it. Normally the frame comes with the appropriate plunger tube.

The plunger tube is a bit of a pain to get off a stock frame. It requires removal of the internal metal frame. What make Kimber metal frame have you bought? It is unlikely the stock plunger tube will fit it. Normally the frame comes with the appropriate plunger tube.

HitmanNo2 is correct. The frame should come with a plunger tube.

I got the plunger tube comes with the Prime kit but I need to fit a silver version.

Here you can see the uncompleted custom without the Prime kit. Isn't important that the silver plunger tube is mount on the metal frame or the plastic frame. It must be mounted.

0611082005pp8.jpg

I got the plunger tube comes with the Prime kit but I need to fit a silver version.

Here you can see the uncompleted custom without the Prime kit. Isn't important that the silver plunger tube is mount on the metal frame or the plastic frame. It must be mounted.

0611082005pp8.jpg

Why don't you polish the tube that came with the frame kit? It would look stainless enough.

I'm a bit late to the party, but those two custom KJW 1911s near the top of the page make the cooler pair of 1911s I've ever seen!

You made the grips yourself?!? Nice work!

Hi thank you. No unfortunately I did not make the grips myself, I am sorry if I gave that impression. I bought them of a very talented grip maker in the US.

Kenneth

hello people... i need some help! the part GM1-47 on my tm 1911 broke, it's the part that disengages the valve knocker... the top broke of so now when i fire it sometimes blows all the gas in the magazine, i've tried looking for it on websites but i haven't been able to find it... can anyone point me in the right direction.

thanks a lot.

-Pedro Salas.