1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My attempt at those product photography on a lot of the TM brochores and gun magazines....

Note the comp on the 1911 is not on....this particular barrel does not fit the comp, and the barrel needed for the comp is on my new Hi-Capa...til that gun gets its own barrel and slide this is what the 1911 uses...

3330673a.jpg

3330673b.jpg

3330673c.jpg

3330673d.jpg

My attempt at those product photography on a lot of the TM brochures and gun magazines....

Note the comp on the 1911 is not on....this particular barrel does not fit the comp, and the barrel needed for the comp is on my new Hi-Capa...til that gun gets its own barrel and slide this is what the 1911 uses...

That would never fit into a TM magazine. They won't ever produce a gun that sleek and good looking.

I'll have to agree that looks better without the compensator, but either way... :rolleyes:

Well, what I did for installing my Nova kit was basically the following:

1. Remove giblets from slide and frame. Make sure slide is able to move smoothly. If not, bust out the file and sandpaper.

2. Add the giblets back into the frame. Make sure empty slide is able to move smoothly. If not, bust out the file and sandpaper.

3. Add the giblets back into the slide. Make sure slide is able to move smoothly. If not, bust out the file and sandpaper.

Somewhere in step 3, you may find that the blowback housing does not sit properly in the slide. If so, you'll have to find the areas of interference, most likely between the blowback housing and rear sight. Again, file and sandpaper. Once the areas are cleared, you should find the blowback housing sits higher just as if you installed it without the rear sight in place. Now, you can start sanding the bottom of the blowback housing rails if necessary. If you remove material from the bottom of the blowback housing rails without properly sitting the housing in the slide first, you may find that although the slide may be able move smoothly without the mag, with it the mag may cause friction with the loading nozzle. This may result in poor cycling.

Also, if you notice friction at about 1cm from battery, you may have to lop off the excess material above the blowback housing's left rail. This piece sometimes causes friction with the hopup assembly.

The Zeke Slide is very nice, comes with a Barrel, rear and front sight. The finish is actually really nice i like it, it is diecast. But as expected it is very difficult to fit, the barrel also needs to be modded to fit. I have yet to finish it. I should have just saved for the PGC kit :angry22: :angry22: :angry22: :angry22: