1911 Picture Thread

Thanks for the pic. I think you are correct. It does look bead blasting is closer to the finish I'm after.

I'm not located in US unfortunately. :(

When I spoke to local(more like nation wide. I live in a small country) bead blasting places, they were sorta stand-off-ish when I ask them I want to bead blast an airgun parts.(they don't know what airsoft gun is.) And they said I need to go to gunsmith for this kind of work. So I spoke to local(again, nation wide) gunsmith and they just laughed at my face and said no won't do it.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for not posting sooner but been busy......

Yes the grips are from http://www.esmeralda.cc/

She does ship world wide and its $27 for shipping to the UK, they arrive pretty quick too.

Not sure if I have answered all the questions, I did notice that others filled in the blanks for me (thanks).

i'm hoping someone can help me here... i currently own a tm 1911 and i'm planning on getting a slide that has a bomar sight cut. i wanted to get some real steel sight but there are a couple of diferent dimensions for the dovetail so i was wondering if someone here could help me chose the right one.

thanks a lot

-Pedro Salas.

What country are you located in? If it's Belgium (fal is a belgian rifle) I know an address for you. And still, international shipping mostly isn't that expensive for some 700grams of metal.

Thanks for help. Na I don't live in Belgium, although I love FN weapons. :)

As far as international shipping goes, it is more of concern that the package may get lost(which happened often to me, unless I send it with tracking features, which adds up cost more than double.) plus it is just too slow for this time of the year.

No matter, at last I found a gunsmith(out of god knows how many) who will do the bead blasting for me. :D I'm sending my parts to him soon.

Does anyone know there will be Surefire 310R replica? I know this company in South Korea used to make one but they don't make these anymore. I was wondering anyone else is planning to manufactuer them?(I.E. China, HongKong, Taiwan etc.)

Garrrr I should have bought it while I could. It was 100USD and I'd still consider it good price considering how hard even the real one is to come by thesedays. But then I didn't have much interest in it back then.

Very nice and simplistic, that's how I like Infinity guns the most. The single stack versions are pretty underrepresented … Western Arms used to produced one or two models a while ago.

Hey, clockwork_o, why are the most hideous military dumbnuts dedicated such beautiful guns? Well, at least we have to be pleased, they are. Otherwise we could not enjoy the masterpiece of this very nicely engraved Tommy Franks airsoft rebuilt. Very nice pictures, you lucky guy … I'd love to have one too :)

Beautiful gun, Id kill for it if it had an SVI trademarked frame. Looks great anyway though.

ditto. . show me a full metal SVI IED and you got the "Holy Grail" of FM 1911s.

another impressive piece would be a FM Compact Wilson..(ie. Wilson trademarked frame)