1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice MEU, anyone know where i can get the Detonics safety on it's own, i have built a custom operator for myself but i just need a different, one sided safety like the Detonics.

Will get some pics up when i am back home, especially as it has a new silencer and possubly the new grips now.

'FireKnife'

I neve really thought how the MEU would look with wood grips, but I have to say I like yours Empty. Fireknife, I have a Detonics safety, has a bit of wear on it, but with a bit of Krylon would look smart. If you want to do a swap for a standard safety let me know.

Quick question - RS grip screws will work with Western Arms 1911's, correct? Is there any modification that needs to be done? I need to get a replacement set, and potentially an aftermarket RS grip as well.

They don't fit I'm afraid.

If you have a Prime metal kit with the Prime grip screw bushings then yeah but otherwise no :(

It really sucks. If you hunt around a hardware store you might get lucky and find a set, take your original grip screws with you to compare. As long as the thread size is correct you can always cut them shorter.

I've got some Sheriff silver hex screws you can have but it'll cost ya :D

RS grips will fit fine by the way.

Finally i have got round to this, some pics of my MEU Custom and TRP:

dscf0017nw9.jpg

This is my attempt at an early model TRP, it is a MEU with single sided safety (will be replaced with a Detonics one soon) and a set of TM 1911 grips.

dscf0021sx5.jpg

Nothing fancy just a TM MEU with the safety and the hammer pin from a 1911 (soon to be replaced with a Detonics one), a set of real Hogue grips, a Nineball threaded outer barrel and a KA Delta Silencer.

dscf0019zd3.jpg

And finally one of the Custom in it's own case. It is a Cuban cigar case that gives off a nice aged wood and smoke smell lol. It's not much but it works fine for me.

'FireKnife'

For this one i am planning to leave it at that.

But when i get a bit more confidence about stripping down my 1911's i will try at some point to make a black slide, silver frame one with black grips. Rather like the one that was used in Terminator 2 (turns out it is a Detonics company product, or has the parts of one i think).

'FireKnife'