1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an RS slide stop on my M1911. I had to weld a small blob to the release where it catches the magazine follower to make it work. I know I had pictures of it somewhere but I seem to have misplaced them. Shoot me an email at juho(at)hiflow.org and I'll try and find them for you.

BTW, does anyone know if a single stack 1911 with a railed frame will fit in a Serpa holster? I'm looking to get a NOVA kit with a railed frame for my TM MEU.

Edited by Carbine
I have an RS slide stop on my M1911. I had to weld a small blob to the release where it catches the magazine follower to make it work. I know I had pictures of it somewhere but I seem to have misplaced them. Shoot me an email at juho(at)hiflow.org and I'll try and find them for you.

BTW, does anyone know if a single stack 1911 with a railed frame will fit in a Serpa holster? I'm looking to get a NOVA kit with a railed frame for my TM MEU.

Email sent! Thanks carbine!

yes, my kimber warrior fits in my serpa.

Yes, for railed 1911 frame the SERPA is the best choice. Fits almost everything. I've even seen 5.1 Hicapas carried with it … therefore this Koba grip has to be installed of course (round trigger guard instead of the quared one on the stock grip). The 4.3 Hicapa though might not fit because the railed frame might be longer than a railed or unrailed stock 1911 frame.

Edited by SamJacksonFan

after you sand down the finish (120 grit) and then fine sand with 240 and then use extra fine steel wool it should be pretty shiny (albet, a brushed look) and then you get some metal polishing compound and a microfiber cloth (or a small buffer, i use a buffer head on a dremmel) and give it a good polishing.