1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how hard is it to put a hi capa 5.1 slide on a 1911? Is it just a matter of putting in the spacer and all the original pieces, or is it more complicated than that? Also, Where do I find a TK slide spacer in the first place?

Sorry if it's been asked before, but I searched and couldn't find a clear answer (Or maybe I'm just thick).

Edited by Cliffor

hey all. have any of you purchased, used or seen a UHC Colt 1911 full metal (springer)? im looking into buying it (more for the looks/feel than function) and wanna know what you guys think. is it ######? great? as far as feel and durability? performance? anything?

--thanks

So how hard is it to put a hi capa 5.1 slide on a 1911? Is it just a matter of putting in the spacer and all the original pieces, or is it more complicated than that? Also, Where do I find a TK slide spacer in the first place?

Sorry if it's been asked before, but I searched and couldn't find a clear answer (Or maybe I'm just thick).

Yes pretty much what you've said. The slide it's working even without the slide spacer but for the maximum fit you should buy it. Dentrinity have them but they are out of stock; check WGC.

Man you keep ticking me off with that V10, I've got a Wilson TSCG but I can't seem to track down a metal lower for it.... My googleFu is sucking it up as of late...

It is just beautiful btw, If I didn't have this TSGC I'd be begging you to sell it.

I do have one question though what grips are those?

Also I'm a newb to upgrading these things so if you have any recommendations I'd gladly take them.

Edited by frogfish

Oh, nice, another rarity … Wilson V12 Gilded … stock I guess? Tracked down a metal gold kit for that by chance … could buy a car for the price the shop wants for it ;)

But real nice bling thing there. But I'd personally go vor the V10 … little, nice and mean. :D

Damn, now everybody brings out its beauties … :rolleyes:

Thanks. I've had her in pieces for a looong time. It's good to see her come together.

Parts list;

WA .45 Shorty base

Shooters Design V10 Slide

Prime Tommy Franks Railed Lower

Prime V10 Steel outer barrel

Prime Steel MSH

CP steel Hammer/sear

CP steel hammer strut

CP steel firing pin

CP hopup

NOVAK grip screws

WA Wilson slide stop

Proud real grip bushings.

SD POM Loading Nozzle

Pearce Compact rubber Grip insert

VZ Operator style grips (Stooped into buying them. Not authentic)

Duracoat Paint job (Matte Black)

Insight Technologies X2

Cool thing about that V10, is I started building it when V10's were impossible to get. So I had no V10 as a base gun. Almost every piece was bought seperately. Some pieces I even had to get custom made like the recoil rod bushing...

Edited by junior
now don't kill yourself :P

DSC00540.jpg

This picture needs more appreciation. This is pretty much what I want my next project to be except I'm thinking of making it on a 4.3 slide, bobtail frame and adding ports.

The Tiki markings, 45 degree cuts. Beautiful. 100% Unicorn of a pistol.

Thanks for that, I didn't even think of WA.

Wow there are a few versions of the 1911 to say the least! I dont suppose you happen to know the exact model im after? I'll find it, im just not sure on the version as none of them seem to just be a standard M1911.

This should work:

http://www.boomarms.com/sc/viewproductdeta...p?ProductID=312

Just take not of the trademarks, small trigger, flat hammer, and small sights. Typically if it has all of those things (like the gun in the link) it is the 1911 you're after.