1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call 1-800-680-6866, and ask for customer service. The grips are called Cocobolo Cross-Cannon grips. $16.50 each, $33 for a pair, IIRC, plus shipping. I don't remember the part numbers, but they'll know what you're talking about.

Or eBay, yeah, but they're pretty rare even on eBay.

Beautiful grips, I loved mine.

Edited by Render
They have them at UNCO. $60 is quite pricey, but they look nice, and are weighted I believe.

Those aren't the real deal, they're made by Shooter's Design. So they're not cocobolo wood. You'd be paying nearly twice as much as the real things cost for replicas made of lower quality wood.

Masakarijoe, Jarhead, Render: Thanks a bunch. I'll check eBay first then call up Springfield Armory ( assume that's the tele number) tomorrow.

Render, I assume by "loved" you mean you don't have them anymore? If you do, any chance of selling? :D

Edited by Carter

UNCo carries the SD versions, but mine came from Guns N Guys. They are by Altamont and are probably exactly the same thing as you would get from Springfield, but yes more expensive.

I know more than one person that has bought them from SA directly.

Render, I assume by "loved" you mean you don't have them anymore? If you do, any chance of selling? :D

Yeah, long gone. Nicest pistol I've ever had. But I still have pictures.

1129587020_ecf8697cc5_o.jpg

1129588806_766364a338_o.jpg

1130406632_e9126a5617_o.jpg

1129567457_7d542d6d3d_o.jpg

1129569085_aeb7a41bac_o.jpg

TM M1911-A1

PGC Slide, Frame, Outer Barrel, Rear Sight

PGC 150% spring

SA Cross Cannon grips

...some other stuff I can't remember this is ancient history...

It would be nice to have Springfield grips with a Springfield Armory 1911 G.I., Milspec, Operator, TRP.

Marushin has a close Operator copy, but missing the SA company markings and lacking the finish quality what I see from several pictures so far. But when they arrive around here, I'll have a closer look.

But I don't know of a aftermarket slide and frame kit that makes exactly the look of this Operator. PGC oder Prime has the version with quare trigger guard. But if there's a kit out there exactly as the picture posted above, I'd be interested to know ;)

I don't see any Wilson Combat here

here's mine

personally. .this 1911 gets some of the highest marks out there. . why? Because you don't see many 1911 Wilsons, let alone full metal 1911 Wilsons, let alone railframe 1911 Wilson...and PGC kitted WA SCW.

Almost tops my full metal Wilson Professional. . (but not once I convert it to a bobtail)

now. .if only someone can show a full metal MAGNA Wilson 1911. . .

personally. .this 1911 gets some of the highest marks out there. . why? Because you don't see many 1911 Wilsons, let alone full metal 1911 Wilsons, let alone railframe 1911 Wilson...and PGC kitted WA SCW.

Almost tops my full metal Wilson Professional. . (but not once I convert it to a bobtail)

now. .if only someone can show a full metal MAGNA Wilson 1911. . .

magna full metal wilson 1911, :D

almost tops your wilson professional? why is old people so hard to please

post-42714-1204686116_thumb.jpg

post-42714-1204686128_thumb.jpg

It would be nice to have Springfield grips with a Springfield Armory 1911 G.I., Milspec, Operator, TRP.

Marushin has a close Operator copy, but missing the SA company markings and lacking the finish quality what I see from several pictures so far. But when they arrive around here, I'll have a closer look.

But I don't know of a aftermarket slide and frame kit that makes exactly the look of this Operator. PGC oder Prime has the version with quare trigger guard. But if there's a kit out there exactly as the picture posted above, I'd be interested to know ;)

I have a set of Springfield GI grips on my 1911.

Planning on a PGC Springfield kit soon.

Not the best picture but you get the idea.

SP_A0069.jpg