1911 Picture Thread

Since the last thread is now closed, a little more Raptor?

CIMG1850.jpg

I do prefer the original finish of the Raptor kits though, the new one is too matte, not "pimp" enough.. :P

Sadly I went and sold these grips :(

But I've got some custom scrolled Mesquite ones in the post :D

As much as I love the original grips, these rosewood ones that came with the BA kit are really growing on me.

I am not a fan of two tone handguns, but you can't help but like anything with the Kimber name.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I recall correctly, in the previous 1911 thread it was mentioned that you must be an owner of a Kimber Raptor in order to call Kimber America and order a set of those raptor grips.

edit*

Here is the post where hitman talks about it

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...t&p=1528260

Edited by srpg
the rosewood grips are cool too, i just prefer the brown, feathery ones... i like them way more

where can i get real ones? do real kimbers come with them or the rosewoods? on kimbers website they have rosewoods though...

sorry for all the questions

-Joe

The real Raptors come with those feathred onesl. You cannot buy them directly, only secondhand. The ones on my gun are authentic Kimber grips, just not the correct ones for this exact model.

Sorry for all the double answering.

Edited by xocomaox

my ultra raptor II:

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

I got rid of all the white markings (got it that way)

I'll probably swap out the beavertail and get a more dramatic Wilson upswept Beavertail instead

pictured with Kimber low pro grips, low pro grip bushings, low pro hex grip scews

Edited by the cleaner

Since were breaking out the big guns... here is my Kimber Ultra CDP II.

HPIM1199.jpg

HPIM1182.jpg

I would love to find one of the old Ultra Raptor II kits. I agree with HBC, the new Black Prime kits are way too matte. Almost like they were bead/sand blasted before being anodized instead of getting the anodizing treatment on top of the raw aluminum.

Thats the only thing stopping me from gettnig one of the new Ultra Carry II kits... Well that and of course money....

Edited by junior
my ultra raptor II:

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

I got rid of all the white markings (got it that way)

I'll probably swap out the beavertail and get a more dramatic Wilson upswept Beavertail instead

pictured with Kimber low pro grips, low pro grip bushings, low pro hex grip scews

Can I get bottom plates for my mags like the ones you have on that? I really want thin plates and by looking at the piece, it wouldn't be any different function-wise if it was thinner. I just don't like anything to be sticking out that's all.

Can I get bottom plates for my mags like the ones you have on that? I really want thin plates and by looking at the piece, it wouldn't be any different function-wise if it was thinner. I just don't like anything to be sticking out that's all.

Boomarms use the Marsoc IRRC as their basegun, hence the basepad, unless you find someone who has a standard baseplate and wants to swap then you're best bet is buying a new magazine.. you can never have too many.

--

also, for future reference, try not to quote pictures.

ta.

can't wait to show you my tommy franks...damned customs!!I'm planning of buying a v10 slide,but can't make a choice:black,silver,2 tone?do someone have some pics of v10?maybe some new ones...

can't wait to show you my tommy franks...damned customs!!I'm planning of buying a v10 slide,but can't make a choice:black,silver,2 tone?do someone have some pics of v10?maybe some new ones...

My old V10's (TF frame and SD slide) The SD V10 slide isn't worth the money, poor finish and fitting. If you're gonna get a V10 make it a prime kit.

4-7.jpg

And, since it's the latest pic of my only remaining WA's..

CIMG2081.jpg

Get black. . it's the most "versatile"..if you want two-tone. .you can sand the sides. . if you want silver you can bead blast all the black off.. .

whereas. .if you get silver or two-tone.. you're kinda stuck. . silver you can't do anything with other than re-anodize. . two-tone you can only make it silver. .

Soon to be finished...

2 tone slide.

HPIM1680.jpg

Final prep before everything gets Duracoated.

HPIM1758.jpg

I even got the duracoat. Cant seem to find enough time to finish it though.

HPIM1800.jpg

Henry,

I just might be joining you as an Ultra CDP II owner. .hopefully pretty soon too. .

I wish I can say the same about joining you as a Ultra Raptor II owner. I may just have to settle for the Ultra Carry II after all...