1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, very nice shot, pal. That's the way I like it very much. Guess, a KM trigger, Springfield Match Trigger style, very cute, and the Commander hammer on this thing makes me a great fan of yours … you have style. A flat mainspring housing and it is a very nice piece.

But Thumb safety doesn't work properly, right? The pin on the right side of the frame … I tried the Hicapa safety on my Marui 1911A1, too ;)

And how did you manage to get the edges of the frame worked of so that you can fit the beavertail? Nice craftmanship.

Was the KM commander hammer easy to install (it says "minor fitting required") or was it a hassle?

And what kind/make of chamber / outer barrel do you use? Metal I guess?

thanks for the compliments guys, everything was a relative drop in fit except for the outer barrel, the trigger (a little), and the beavertail (a lot).

i really wanted to get my hands on one of those NOVA frames and slides with the precut rail on the bottom. rails on pistols have always turned me on.

Edited by asinapple8805

jeezuz Edge-Collector! IMO, that takes the cake on this entire 1911 thread. . not only because it's a Tiki. .but you have a metal single stack SVI. . .rarer than a metal SVI IED frame!

oh well. . here's my pathetic attempt. . .(not finished)

full metal Wilson Combat SDS Stealth Defense System:

DSC06200.jpg

DSC06201.jpg

DSC06198.jpg

DSC06204.jpg

DSC06203.jpg

DSC06202.jpg

Sorry. .I haven't found a metal Wilson compact frame yet. .

How do you have the thumb safety on with the slide locked back?

Either way it looks good, I always wanted a SDS.

Good eye HKS. . as I said. . ."not finished" ;)

I need to grind away about 1.5mm worth inside the frame where the left side ambi safety lever seats. . .or modify my lever. . .I can get the lever in, but the lever won't rotate because the frame thickness is thicker than the lever's slot.

Nice job. I'm guessing thats a hi-capa beavertail right? I was actually thinking about doing this to my stock frame too but I didnt feel like switching everything out of my delta frame. If you have a hi-capa flat main spring housing you can modify that to work on your 1911 too. I have some pictures of my TM 1911 Delta with a hi-capa msh on it some pages back in this thread.

Krame, i did manage to fit that capa housing on the 1911 and it looks pretty good. just sat in front of the computer watching re runs of LOST while i was filing away like a madman. Thanks for the advice although i'm not sure what i'd rather have, the metal stock 1911 one, or the plastic straight capa housing... hmmm decisions decisions.

i have the Nineball MSH with the lanyard loop on one of my other capas and i really like it a lot. maybe i'll go with that, but that's $$ that i could use to buy Pizza and Beer (obviously the two best things in the world).

also, for the people with experience with the NOVA frames and slide kits, what quality can i expect out of them. I personally hate guarder anything for frames and slides, and i would have gone with PGC however i'm really a sucker for railed frames. I was thinking of getting the NOVA Kimber frame that makes the gun look like the TLE/RL2 lower.

any suggestions?

Edited by asinapple8805
junior your v10 is one of the most beautiful gun of the thread. what products have you used?

Thanks!

Parts list:

WA .45 Shorty base

Shooters Design V10 Slide

Prime Tommy Franks Railed Lower

Prime V10 Steel outer barrel

Prime Steel Compact MSH

CP steel Hammer/sear

CP steel hammer strut

CP steel firing pin

CP hopup

NOVAK grip screws

WA Wilson slide stop

Proud real grip bushings.

SD POM Loading Nozzle

RS Hogue grips

Duracoat Paint job

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f171/hca...1s/IMG_2123.jpg

-------

The Cleaner: What is that on the outer barrel of your SDS?

Junior,

stock WA SDS metal outer barrel and comp. . it's unique to the SDS so you can't just buy an aftermarket replacement. . .the comp unscrews from the threaded outer barrel kinda like how compensators are keyed & threaded for the fullsize WAs w/ comps.

I probably will machine a one-piece outer barrel/comp in the future. . .oh, it has a Guarder steel Wilson breech/chamber to complete the barrel assembly.

the cleaner, I don't suppose you could take a pic of the Tommy Franks slide on a silver V10 frame could you?

yesiree...

my Prime V10 kit hasn't been assembled yet. .. . but I can put the TF slide onto my Wilson SDS (which has a V10 frame on it too)

later this evening for the pics. . at work now.