1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Hudeani's gun. It looks dirty and beaten up. There's nothing like accidental, natural wear from having it scratched up by stuff. Most people try to make their 1911's look shiny and pristine.

RacingManiac's 1911 is awesome too! What base gun is that and who's golden logo is that on the grip? It looks amazing with the silencer.

Edited by Bareknuckle

i did like the pristine look that was till my 1911 got put into a bag with a saw and a few other metal tools and nails and it had the living **** beat out of it so thats why i painted mine and as i had some krylon left from painting my vsr i decided to make mine match. and RacingManiac you have made me want a silencer now :)

bought a WA frame and some internals from HBC, so i could make another mutt out those and the parts i had lying around... bit of an old school look :)

sadly the tubespring got lost in the packaging, so if anyone has one spare, give me a PM...

excuse the dodge picture, my camera wasn't charged up and had to take it on my cellphone

DSC00816.jpg

DSC00815.jpg

still need to get an 8mm pin thumbsafety and drill out the gripsafety to 8mm though...

sturgis, what gun is that based off of, TM? WA? something i don't know about? looks nice. who manufactured the grips for you and what are you talking about needing a 8mm pin? i don't get it.

It's a WA. And he might be talking about the hole for the thumbsafety, as for WA 1911s there are two sizes.

Holycrap. Please be kind to resize pics please.

BTW. Does anyone have exprience with Guarder 1911 bushings? It doesn't seem have that notch to fit into the slide? Instead it's got "holes"?? I'm a bit confused. What these holes are for and how this actualy fits into the slide. Any help would be appreciated.

M1911-06-01.jpg

Edited by fal

Well … after posting this picture I got the point of fal … it's kind a tricky.

image-62.jpg

I thought this spare holes could support application of lubricants to release the bushing in case it was stuck. Or reduction of material.

But now I see the left hole is exactly there where the nodge should be. If the nogde is directly placed above the hole I don't know if it rests correctly. But it should. Only the ancle of drop in/out seems to be different.

Edited by SamJacksonFan

Inside the stock TM 1911 bushing there is a small piece of circular plastic.

The gap in the Guarder bushing allows this piece of plastic to sit in place. Its a bit hard to explain but if you remove your stock bushing you will see what I mean.

In terms of fitting my Guarder bushing was OK but it initially wasn't sitting quite straight but it was easy to extend the notch inside the slide so the bushing could rotate fully (again its probably best if you look yourself)

The Guarder bushing looked slightly rusty when it arrived but its just a kinda surface rust. It sounds crazy but it can be easily removed using an eraser! I think if you rubbed some kind of silicone oil onto the surface of the bushing it would stop the rust returning.

Have a look on the PDI/X Fire website. They have some great looking barrels and barrel bushings at the moment. The Guarder bushing does the job though and its cheap.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Does this mean the guarder bushing would most likely not work with aftermarket slides such as shooter's design ones?(the ones designed to take 1911 bushings.)

Edited by fal