1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Masakarijoe: You have a WE 1911 don't you? I didn't think TM slides could fit on a WE.

I've got a WE 1911 with a TM hi capa 5.1 slide. Except it's a 6" slide... Nevermind, the point is, they do fit. Took me a little work on the chamber to get things running smoothly. And it's worth racking the slide 100+ times as well. For some reason they just need a little bedding in before they work every shot.

Pictures in this post.

Edited by AnotherJesus

interesting update fal, I wonder what bushing is the cutout designed to work with....whether it's the TM 1911 bushing or the SD bushing....

is it possible for you to measure the location of the bushing groove in relation to the front of the slide?

thanks

is it possible for you to measure the location of the bushing groove in relation to the front of the slide?

Approx. 5mm in, from the front of slide. The grove is approx. 3mm in width. Measured using digital calipers

Romulus/ You're welcome. :) Thanks for the complement.

masakarijoe/ Yes. Search "surgeon kimber" on www.redwolfairsoft.com And No. Hicapa 5.1 slides are Bo-mar sights only. None of hicapa slides takes novak sights, except SD kimber slide which already comes with tactical sights.(Not novak.) If you really want Novak sights, it's either SD kimber slide(you gotta be extremely lucky find one since it's discontinued a while ago) or Nova kimber kit.

[update] I sanded all the paints off chamber and used micro files and rounded off locking ribs on the chamber. Now it works smoother but not smooth enough to my liking. There are two existing problems with my nineball barrel and AS slide combo. First that AS slide has very sharp locking groves. When I compared to PGC slide, this was plainly visible. This might contribute to the fact that slide is sticking/biting the locking ribs on the chamber. Second, it seems nineball chamber is "slightly" thicker than how it should have been. Not suprising really for the fact that chamber is a casted metal.(barrel is machined) I cannot confirm that this could be an issue with other brands. I assume it's most likely fault at nineball though. Casting doesn't gurantee any decent level of precision/tolerance. You can just tell how lame their parts are, especialy for the price you pay for it.

Edited by fal
choffman, nice choice of gun. TM FTW. if you're interested in a stock plastic slide that doesn't have orange on it, let me know. i still have my stock one incase your paint removal doesn't end up looking so nice.

Haha, thanks. I'll try Goof Off first, if that doesn't work, I may buy or trade for yours.

Thanks for the measurement, this should work then with 1911's system, not SD Hi-Capa's bushing system(~2.8mm in).

Good to know that there are more slide available now for a 1911-esque setup....assuming if Nova's bushing is the same dimension as stock 1911 you can get those bushing for this slide...

My WA SW1911PD and TM1911A1:

The WA is all stock besides the grip. The TM is fitted with a PGC-ProWin full metal kit including frame, slide, outer barrel, rear sight, piston head and recoil spring. The wood grip are from the WA.

img1199so1.jpg

img1197gm0.jpg

img1196xt8.jpg

eel one, I like your 4" S&W. Wanted to have one myself, but didn't had a chance to get my hands on one around here. Only the grips … well, a matter of taste. I'd prefer the red checkered wood grips on it.

Nice SA 1911, 1st shooter, I'm looking foreward to get such a metal kit myself. I'd only change to another silencer if I was you. Outfit looks cool, what sidearm are you carrying in your holster? Sig, Beretta?

/asinapple8805.

You're welcome. :)

Just an another update on AS slide. It just struck me to think that those slides with 1911 bushing locks machined in, are meant to work with 1911 barrel system. Not bull barrels. I compared chamber opening cut between my PGC slide, Nineball ABS and AS Kimber, AS Kimber has tighter/narrower cut on chamber opening/ejection port where PGC slide and Nineball ABS are slightly wider and identical. I think this contributes extra friction where barrel chamber locks too firmly on AS Kimber slide.

This is another interesting thought about aftermarket slides. It may be also the fact that why some people find guarder bull barrel work fine with their SD slides where some don't. I did furthur research on this and it appears that most people having trouble with guarder Bull barrel + SD slide combo have SD slide with 1911 bushing grove cut. Where those who doesn't have problem with this combination appears to have SD slide with no bushing grove cut. SD barrel/chamber will obviously work with any SD slides, since they are made to work together. But I'm assuming that this issue pops up when it comes to matching different branded barrels to SD slides.

I'm getting 1911 barrel + bushing set soon, and if anyone are interested, I will make furthur report on the results.

Edited by fal

As much as I liked the blue grips I used to have on this gun I ended up deciding that it would be better to have something a bit more custom and subtle. RSP was good enough to redo the grips for me. These are stippled, painted, slimmed down, and have RS Delta medallions. They also match my Limcat grip which is nice since it makes both the guns uniquely mine. I really love this Delta and I think that I will be keeping it in my collection for the foreseeable future.

bwdelta1vv5.jpg

bwdelta2ca8.jpg

bwdelta3mh8.jpg

bwdelta4rt2.jpg

Bits:

TM 1911A1

TM Hi-Capa 5.1 Mainsrping Housing (Custom Fit)

TM Hi-Capa 4.3 Thumb Safety (Custom Fit)

TM Hi-Capa 5.1 Recoil Rod

TM Disconector (Modified for Ultra Light Trigger Pull)

TM Barrel Bushing (Polished)

KM Hammer Strut

PGC Colt Delta Elite Frame (Silver)

PGC Colt Delta Elite Slide (Silver)

PGC Colt Delta Elite 10mm Auto Outer Barrel (Black)

PGC Colt Delta Elite High Visibility Rear Sight

RCW Recoil Bushing

RS Wilson Grip Safety (Custom Fit)

RS Wilson Combat Magwell

RS Wilson Combat Magazine Bumper

RS Delta Elite Medallions

PDI 5" 6.01mm Tightbore (112.5mm)

PDI NeXT Hammer (Silver)

PDI Kimber Style Trigger (Black)

RSP Custom TM 1911 Grips

9Ball Dyna Piston Head

9Ball Chamber Packing

SD 150% Recoil Spring

SD 150% Hammer Spring

Nice Delta Elite & Very nice custom parts, Romulus. Personally I like how it looks, except the grips and the black colored slidestop/thumbsafety.. But naturally the exotic grips & color combo are where your exclusiveness stands out :)

How hard is it to mod the RS beavertail?