1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nail drivers?

As far as WE mixing with TM parts goes, it needs major work to get things work efficiently and smoothly.

Trigger is off dimension, MSH is not compatible with TM 1911/aftermarket. Ambi safety is very lose when fitted to TM/aftermarket 1911 frame that they literly falls out. Beaver tail is also not compatible with TM/aftermarket.

Hammer woobles or too tight with TM/aftermarket one. Recoil plug is too lose. Barrel bushing won't fit on TM/compatible slides. Barrel has horrible painted finish. Piston "cup" is too lose on cylinder/nozzle. Leaf spring is not compatible with TM/compatible and hopup unit is ###### *suitcase*. On top of that, you can't use TM 1911 mags in it.

Of course all these can be worked on and made to work each other. I have done this mine before but IMO not worth the time and effort. Better start with TM if anyone are after anything quality and performing. Oh yeah and after some regular field use, the paint finish on the frame chips off too rather than "wearing" out. This is not so with my Nova kit and PGC slides, although they were put through even heavier use than WE. With those they properly "wears" out around edges like real guns where WE just chips off, thanks to thick cheap paints.

WE 1911 series is like their Hicapa series converted to single stack. Rather than properly made 1911.

Yes it is =]

Was dreading having to do any sanding or modding to get it on but luckily i didnt have to as it fitted like a glove. Also replaced the standard hammer with an X-fire delta hammer

heres a better pic.

od1911226.jpg

Looks brilliant mate, glade you liked the frame. Thats ths same configuration I had set up when I was using it.

Nick