1911 Picture Thread

Henry, I used the TK controls for aesthetics (didn't want SFA controls on a Kimber and perhaps there might be some people interested in the SFA). I chose to modify the beavertail so it would be a drop in fit for any frame with a rounded tang. I've done it before so it wasn't that big of a deal.

Yep, I did the same. Pain in the *albartroth*, but worked pretty well. Overall for the price, the TK set isn't bad at all. Compared to what you would spend if you got all Nova parts.

I'm really liking these last 2 TM 1911's pictured. They both offer something unique to the table we haven't really seen before.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

det4.jpg

Detonics, bone stock. Awesome little plinker. Currently trying to sell it.

DSC_0128-1.jpg

WE Wilson Combat. Stock, aside from the sanded + polished slide, along with the grips. **** WE paint is ****, but I always liked this color scheme. A surprisingly good shooter. Future plans? Planning to get a threaded barrel for the MGS3 look...

Edited by Lon

Could any Nova kit owners provide any tips or insight on how to remove the binding at the last 1cm of the slide returning to (and moving from) battery? The binding, which takes a bit of force to overcome, occurs (as it returns to battery) right before the chamber gets seated in the slide and continues up to battery. It's a little odd because the slide without the barrel assembly, bushing, and recoil spring/guide has no such binding and is silky smooth.

Kimber LAPD SWAT Custom II

dsc01149cg8.jpg

w800.png

dsc01151dl7.jpg

w800.png

dsc01155gw8.jpg

w600.png

dsc01152jt3.jpg

w600.png

dsc01158cd1.jpg

w800.png

NOVA Kimber LAPD SWAT Metal kit

NOVA Grip Safety

NOVA Housing

NOVA Magazine Catch

NOVA Safety (the one in the picture is just the left side of an ambidextrous type)

NOVA Barrel Bushing

NOVA Recoil Guide and Spring Plug

Nine Ball Hammer

Nine Ball Trigger

CP Hammer Strut

PDI Sear

Guarder Recoil and Hammer Spring 150%

Action Power Up Cylinder Bulb and Piston Head

Tanio Koba Inner Barrel

Edited by baias6230

wow, looks very much like the real pistol i just bought!

ill post a pic of that when it comes in :D

but you should look for options to plug up that blank side of the ambi safety; you dont want to get dirt in there. just put something on the surface to plug it up.

what kind of grips are those? interested in a set of real kimber rubberized grips, the kind that come with the Kimber TLE series? let me know, im swapping mine out for hogues.

-Joe

I just took the other half off to see how it looks with single safety. The grips are stock painted in black. I just oredered some new grips and after i install them i will see if i keep the ambidextrous safety or go with a single type.

Edited by baias6230