1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wa11.jpg

Sanding the frame of my WA Kimber. Had to stop due to a sore thumb from sanding ^^ Finish is better than I'd thought, you can't distinguish the sanded parts from the stock silver parts.

But before I can continue, I have a question. How on this frikkin' earth can I remove the right side safety lever?! I struggled for an hour to get it off, but I just don't see it.

Hold the gun like normal, depressing the grip safety, push upwards on the safety catch and pull outwards i think is the answer there.

As for the guy lookinf for a threaded barrel for his MEU, try a HK a shop or peruse the internet shops for one, Laylax Nineball and the Tanio Koba make some good threaded ones, will have to get my pics up eventually.

'FireKnife'

http://zmarre.nimio.info/airsoft/wa11.jpg

Sanding the frame of my WA Kimber. Had to stop due to a sore thumb from sanding ^^ Finish is better than I'd thought, you can't distinguish the sanded parts from the stock silver parts.

But before I can continue, I have a question. How on this frikkin' earth can I remove the right side safety lever?! I struggled for an hour to get it off, but I just don't see it.

Aaah! you sanded a CDP frame :(

What're you going to do when you get to the grip?

got two slides courtesy for sale forum here....

IMG_0145-1.jpg

anodized paint stripped (easy off oven cleaner or generic brand with same ingredients). Polished, sealed with future floor wax....I did a sloppy job on some parts, but I'm lazy like that. Also superglued an aluminum piece to the worn slide notch of the PGC hi-capa slide....one step closer to some silver springfields

IMG_1745copy.jpg

http://zmarre.nimio.info/airsoft/wa11.jpg

At least take the internals out while your doing that!

May I ask, why your sanding the lower frame to begin with?

Edited by junior
At least take the internals out while your doing that!

May I ask, why your sanding the lower frame to begin with?

I guess because he couldn't take out the right side thumb safety that's why the internals are staying in?

If it's a metal kit, why not just give it a good wash with easy off oven cleaner (or any cleaning liquid that has sodium hydroxide....)

it's a real shame, the CDP lower has an awesome finish..

Even bigger shame if the frame winds up getting ruined...

Send it to me. I'll bead blast the entire thing for you. CNC Aluminum has a very nice finish when blasted. Closest to (RS) stainless look.

EDIT: Hammer has to be down and safety has to be up in order for it to come out. Did you try that?

Edited by junior

MEU Description:

Think TM 1911 but with better sights, a beavertail, ring hammer and slightly snappier kick.

Mine is stock save for a metal outer barrel and shoots fine on 134a with a respectable distance after i set the hop correctly.

'FireKnife'

Hey Joe, nice taste in 1911s. Who made those Magazines? Chip McCormick? Is that blued one a Colt? Any chance you have some Novaks? I heard they were ######, but I seriously doubt it since it is the OEM mag maker of Armscor and Sig 1911s, and the fit, finish, finish is top notch and the follower is non tilting. I would like to get a second opinion :D

Edited by DesertFoxRomel
Hey Joe, nice taste in 1911s. Who made those Magazines? Chip McCormick? Is that blued one a Colt? Any chance you have some Novaks? I heard they were ######, but I seriously doubt it since it is the OEM mag maker of Armscor and Sig 1911s, and the fit, finish, finish is top notch and the follower is non tilting. I would like to get a second opinion :D

The follower not tilting is one of the very many issues a magazine can have. As far as mags are concerned, here is my suggestion:

1. 8-rounders: Either Tripp Research Cobra mags or Checkmate 8-rounders

2. 7-rounders: Checkmate or Colt 7-rounders with the dimpled follower and the hybrid lips.

Just my 2 Eurocents.