1911 Picture Thread

Damn it, that's definitely the coolest and most sexy page of this whole 1911 thread. So many nice Springfields on one spot, cute V12, and my alltime most favourite and wanted gun setup to have: a MEU with 310R tactical light … sh.. sh.. sh.. now I so badly need one myself. And I cannot get my hand on any 310R … hey, if someone has a Surefire 310R forgotten in a corner or broken but the shell and the optics is still proper, PM, e-mail, send post, fax me, give light or smoke signals … don't care how, but tell me, please ;)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ChrisWPA: Your Detonics slide sounds like it needs a bit of lubing lol.

Mine did that but a spray of silicone and making sure i held the gun level or barrel down when i released the slide meant it returns that bit snappier.

'FireKnife'

Is the dustcover on that frame square? If so what is it? It makes it look really weird and un-1911-like. Almost reminds me of a Hi-Power, I think.

That's not to say that it doesn't look good. :D

Edit: Maybe not an HP, but definitely reminds me of something.

Edited by Chris North

To be honest i am not sold on the idea of 1911 magwells (or most of the other bits people seem to add to them).

It is my dream to own a pair of 1911's with duo tone setup and the regular sights, safties and beavertail of the old model.

But money says no as i haven't enough.

'FireKnife'

Sorry, but my 1911's are camera hogs...

DSCN0740.jpg

I've decided that my last WA 1911 is going to be another Kimber Warrior...black with the Houge Grips, like Joe has a few pages back.

I'm going to mess around with TM's also..but to make fancy pants duo tones with fancy schmancy custom grips.

I promise I won't post anymore pics till I have new ones to post! :P

Sanded the V12 black barrel and added following parts:

- Guarder Hybrid chamber

- Sheriff steel inner barrel holder

- Sheriff LRB

dsc00688tv4.jpg

dsc00692jn4.jpg

dsc00684od6.jpg

Still don't know if I'm going to make the slide silver or not, what do you think?

Edited by Clockwork_O
Sanded the V12 black barrel and added following parts:

- Guarder Hybrid chamber

- Sheriff steel inner barrel holder

- Sheriff LRB

dsc00688tv4.jpg

dsc00692jn4.jpg

dsc00684od6.jpg

Still don't know if I'm going to make the slide silver or not, what do you think?

keep her two-tone lad, the contrast really makes the gun.

nice.

At least that way you didn't knock it accidentally.

Yes they weren't very ergonomic but for a gun made nearly 100 years ago do you expect it to be, they hadn't even heard of ergonomics in gun development then, they still had magazine catches in the heel of the grip on pistols and some didn't even have conventional slide locks (M1934 and PP/PPK to name a few).

'FireKnife'

The gun's been around since 1911. You're not the first person to complain about the ergonomics. Hence you can buy these: http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=24611

And no handgun should be fired one handed. Although I personally find the original slide catch difficult to operate even when useing 2 hands. It's certainly not natural. One of the reasons I don't own one. Although I love the design, and there's many beautiful guns in this thread.

Nice V12 Clockwork_O.

Edit at FireKnife: Having held a real 1911, I can comfortably say, you could never knock the slide catch accidentally. It requires quite a bit of effort to get it to move, when you're battling that things return spring.

Edited by AnotherJesus

I have enough trouble getting my slide catch to knock off as well on my airsoft gun. But since the 1911 was heavily used in WW1 and WW2 the general parts wear and simple design made the difference, no point in putting bits where they weren't 100% needed but instead making a basic gun.

Colt didn't really see the potential of this gun anyway as loads of custom designed ones and designers themselves became entire companies based on customising it to user design and ideas.

Still the 1911 is a bloody good gun by today's standard even with only 7/8 rounds and a fair size.

Must get round to earning enough to buy my two TM 1911's and put bits on them.

'FireKnife'