M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finaly has arrived:   WE M14 GBB in FPG stock (folding stock and grip are from Beretta BM59, modified to fit M14 stock). If my info is correct such M14 version was used by SEALs in 90s.   Sent

Posted Images

Sorry to but in, but I am looking for a new gun, specificly an M14. So what is the best M14, I've heard great things about the TM, are these corret?

I also know that CA's quality has been in the drain lately...

Despite CA's quality drain it has really only affected their armalite lineup (has alot to do with the sportlines) the CA M14's are fantastic. The newest generation stocks dont suffer from the same problem I had (splitting at the reciever halves) I have to say that really, in the end, TM, CA, G&G you are getting an awesome performer. My personal preference is with the CA (despite how much I dont like CA guns) it is a good comrpimise between the design faults of the G&G and the sucesses of the TM.

From my past experiences with all three major brands (and AGM and KART too) here is how they line up for me.

CA>G&G>TM

Here is why. The CA took the G&G design and fixed the problems in the motor mount area by making the motor moutn fixed. They also fixed the terrible fire selector idea and put in the TM styled fire selector. The metal is typical CA metal (which feels great!, but contains no magnetic properties and a good possibility no steel) The plastic stock is fantastic feeling. the only downfall is the heatshield.

G&G has some issues with some of the reliability stuff, like the motor area can break if not installed correctly etc. However they have a much nicer metal on them than the CA and the stock is fantastic but you take a risk buying one. The G&G M14 Veteran is an AWESOME performer, probably the best stock M14 you can buy.

The TM has an OK stock, the metal isnt ferrous and not to particularly durable either. I had mine for just over a year and it had already fallen apart from racking the bolt too much. My CA has been racked at least 20x more than my TM did and shows no signs of changing any time soon. (I love the CA and G&G bolt rack it is so satisfying) The TM M14 does have godly range though, although the CA and G&G's are not far behind them.

Lets also consider price.

For the price of a TM Battery and an extra mag you can get a CA or G&G plus 3-4 midcaps, or upgrades instead. So the choice is ultimately yours but I recommend CA, although NONE of them will disappoint.

For those wondering about my stock, it happened during disassembly after a cold game. The stock split at the point where the reciever meets the stock halves. and traveled back from there. I'm fixing it by replacing it entirly with the stock from a CA Scout that I just purchased as a parts gun ( i need more than just the stock) My CA is going to have 2 gearboxes, one with my Magnum and an AB mosfet that will run ROF at around 28RPS for a SAW style role, the other will have the standard Bearing Spring Guide, M120 for standard use.

Edited by UrPeaceKeeper
I doubt that very much. That's the kind of rubbish that's made up by CYMA fanboyz to justify the fact that they're just tight.

Or is it a way to take glory from the TM fanboyz? I used to be a TM Fanboy, really really bad. Now that I've tasted both sides I no longer can bare myself to recommend it as my first choice if I could buy an M14. There simply are other M14's out there that do just as well as the TM. No longer are the days of G&G unreliability, no longer are the days of TM clones being poorly cloned versions of the TM. Enter the days when most M14's perform the same at different prices at the cost of minor build quality(but still, the CA and G&G versions are only 240ish$ and I think have better way better build quality)

Gentlemen I understand the feelings but I if I had to recommend a clone to someone it would ONLY be a CYMA M14. They DO perform better than their clones and they do have some features that make them better in some aspects than the TM M14 (Metal bushings, tightbore!) It may not be built better but it's the better value than other clones. If money was no object then read my post above for which I would recommend.

but they are not. at all. internally, tm is the best. period.

-Joe

yeeeeah. because if something has nylon bushings and alloy gears it CERTAINLY makes it better than something with a tightbore, steel gears, metal bushings, metal spring guide and shimming that is just as good.

i agree with Urpeacekeeper, its time for TM elitists/loyalists/fanboys to wake up and get with the times. TM are being left behind. why do you think they're trying to think up interesting new things like their AK recoil system? because they'd got lazy and are now realising that other brands and cloners are now able to offer everything the TMs of the past possessed and more.

having had no experience with the CA or G&G i wouldnt know what to recomend, but there is certainly no rational reason to favour the TM over the cyma. its already upgraded and anything that it may do worse than the TM could be fixed for still waaay less than a TM.

I cant say ive ever had a problem with the TM metal on the m14. I think the bolt on the m14 feels better to rack, it goes back further too iirc. The TM socom has a nicer feeling stock.

The only problem with buying clones is that most of the big HK shops dont offer a warrenty, which is a reason to buy TM if your not savvy with gearbox workings.

Just cos ive used all three m14's i will recommend the tm one.

yeeeeah. because if something has nylon bushings and alloy gears it CERTAINLY makes it better than something with a tightbore, steel gears, metal bushings, metal spring guide and shimming that is just as good.

i agree with Urpeacekeeper, its time for TM elitists/loyalists/fanboys to wake up and get with the times. TM are being left behind. why do you think they're trying to think up interesting new things like their AK recoil system? because they'd got lazy and are now realising that other brands and cloners are now able to offer everything the TMs of the past possessed and more.

having had no experience with the CA or G&G i wouldnt know what to recomend, but there is certainly no rational reason to favour the TM over the cyma. its already upgraded and anything that it may do worse than the TM could be fixed for still waaay less than a TM.

HA.

Sure, its got metal, whoopdy do. Go Pot metal instead of high grade plastics. Totally better, definitely. Look, TM is by far, the best parts I have ever seen, hell, most guns that shoot in the 500s use TM parts with minimal aftermarket parts that are unessential to FPS rates. One of my teammates bought a 170 Systema Drop in box, and it died, so he replaced most all the internals with TM parts, and it runs like a dream right now.

TM continues to be the best in parts that matter, most notably for parts guns. Maybe you need to get with the times and realize that pot metal is not better than high grade plastics, metal doesnt always mean its better, Cyma ###### is too brittle, and breaks, because its Chinese, and they have absolutely no standards for this stuff, nor do they hold themselves highly to make a quality product that can compete with TM.

CA, same difference, its hilarious that outside the states, no one wants to touch CA. Theres a reason for that ;).

TM is the standard, and the solution to most every gearbox problem out there, hands down.

Sure, its got metal, whoopdy do. Go Pot metal instead of high grade plastics.

yeah. more durable STEEL gears as oposed to the TM's pot metal gears. and bushings are put under enough force to splinter eh? oh, and the 6.04 TB MUST be s**t because its chinese brass! because the chinese just cant do ANYTHING right.

face it, for the price of a TM you could buy a cyma and pay the shop to fit it with the highest quality parts available (which is NOT stock TM parts)

i have the old star m14 sopmod. bad picture. when it is repaired, ill have some good ones with the new optic

DSC01002.jpg

DSC01016.jpg

amazing rifle. but that one you have pictured is only real steel. i like the old one more. way more.

and heres my real socom16:

joe8.jpg

joe4.jpg

joe3.jpg

-Joe

Edited by masakarijoe
BACK ON TOPIC:

Can someone tell me if there is a kit out there to make my airosft m14 look like this one?

national-match-m14-left.jpg

You want a photoshopped stock? Well I suppoise you could start with the STAR Troy SOPMOD, but you may be kicking yourself in the future. (Lack of spare parts anyone? Expensive mags?) After that you'd have to make some other modifications. Could be costly but possible.

As for the pissing match between CYMA and TM, what TM lacks CYMA has, what CYMA Lacks (reliability long term) TM has. It's over, dont argue about which is best because there is none. THEY ARE ALL EQUAL. TM, CA, G&G, CYMA fine, whatever it's like the ICS vs. CA, Ford vs. Chevy what have you THEY ARE THE SAME THING. The point of this thread is pictures, if you want to ask questions take it to the M14 Brotherhood section and I'll be sure to elaborate more on my feelings. As it stands I will only buy CA M14's, I will only recommend CA M14's to people where money isnt an object, I will ONLY recommend CA for people who want high FPS upgrades and an M14.

It ends here, now. Back to pictures PLEASE.

Forgive PeaceKeeper, he's "special"

Seeing as I've had my TM m14 upgraded to 400 fps for 2yrs with only bushings and pdi spring (notice I said PDI spring, because Systema and all other m120 springs are inferior to them as they do more damage to the gearbox).

TM's are built to last.... G&G's are *beep* (minus their latest version which is supposedly fixed), and the CA is just another clone pf the G&G. Note, the TM is the only true v7 gb out of the 3. Regardless, he's opinionated based on a single experience, rather than a ton. I've worked on all 3 brands, and the Echo as well, they all perform well, but for longevity, there still is no comparison to a TM for AEG's. End of story.

Now for my question, does anyone know how much shorter the 5 round mag is than the 20 round mag? I'd like to chop one of my standards down for my M21 and can't figure out how much to chop off.

Forgive PeaceKeeper, he's "special"

Seeing as I've had my TM m14 upgraded to 400 fps for 2yrs with only bushings and pdi spring (notice I said PDI spring, because Systema and all other m120 springs are inferior to them as they do more damage to the gearbox).

TM's are built to last.... G&G's are *beep* (minus their latest version which is supposedly fixed), and the CA is just another clone pf the G&G. Note, the TM is the only true v7 gb out of the 3. Regardless, he's opinionated based on a single experience, rather than a ton. I've worked on all 3 brands, and the Echo as well, they all perform well, but for longevity, there still is no comparison to a TM for AEG's. End of story.

Now for my question, does anyone know how much shorter the 5 round mag is than the 20 round mag? I'd like to chop one of my standards down for my M21 and can't figure out how much to chop off.

:FacePalm:

I'm the oppinionated one, thats funny.

I do professional gearbox work and I've had all three brands and the TM clones come in for me to work on. Very few of any of them come back, they are all built well enough. I've also owned 2 of the 3 major manufacturers and played with the 3rd just about every weekend. (Owned CA and TM) Both of these rifles have been purchased and I've had in my possession the same amount of time. Both have the same amount of rounds through them. I'm sorry, the TM just isnt that great in my eyes. My CA outshoots my old TM every time and I spent almost twice as much on the TM. For clones, I've worked on AGM and KART and both of them are decent clones of the TM but they dont compare. Never had experience with the CYMA so my knowledge there is based on peoples experiences. From MY experience the CA is just better. I used to be a TM fanboy, trust me, I wont be going back.

And just incase I havent said it enough, the TM is still a great gun, it's just not my cup of tea, i'd rather save the bucks and get something that I already know is just as good (and in my oppinion a better design but that is arguable).

I dont see how my experience is any less then your supposed awesomeness. Infact why dont YOU lead the M14 brotherhood then since you are the know it all M14 owner (not that I'm saying I do, I just have alot of experience with all of the major brands and most of the clones). Apparently I am too old and outdated in the ways of M14 LORE that it is time for me to step down.

The V7 gearbox has a two major flaws. The first is the gearbox walls are way to thin, the second is that has a weak motor mount. V7 gearbox shells CAN break under stock circumstances in a TM gun. It's happened to several people. I have yet to hear of a G&G or CA gearbox shell breaking period, let alone stock. But lets not go there, afterall I'm the oppinionated one, I only have 3 years of Blacksmithing (and metalworking) and 3 years of gearbox work under my belt, owned 2 of the 3 major manufacturers M14's and shoot the real thing so obviously my oppinion is completely flawed and yours is not....

:rolleyes:

ANYWAYS, I should be getting my parts M14 today so that means pictures! But not untill after 8 hours of grooling work and 2 hours of class.

You want a photoshopped stock? Well I suppoise you could start with the STAR Troy SOPMOD, but you may be kicking yourself in the future. (Lack of spare parts anyone? Expensive mags?) After that you'd have to make some other modifications. Could be costly but possible.

As for the pissing match between CYMA and TM, what TM lacks CYMA has, what CYMA Lacks (reliability long term) TM has. It's over, dont argue about which is best because there is none. THEY ARE ALL EQUAL. TM, CA, G&G, CYMA fine, whatever it's like the ICS vs. CA, Ford vs. Chevy what have you THEY ARE THE SAME THING. The point of this thread is pictures, if you want to ask questions take it to the M14 Brotherhood section and I'll be sure to elaborate more on my feelings. As it stands I will only buy CA M14's, I will only recommend CA M14's to people where money isnt an object, I will ONLY recommend CA for people who want high FPS upgrades and an M14.

It ends here, now. Back to pictures PLEASE.

Actually thats not photoshopped. Thats a Troy MCS, can be found here http://www.troyind.com/m14MCSpage.html

Star's M14 SOPMOD is based on the TROY's SOPMOD Commando Carbine. specs can be found here : http://www.defensereview.com/modules.php?n...cle&sid=590

Looks like Troy scrapped the SOPMOD in favor of a drop in Chassis system like the Sage EBR/MK14 MOD0/1.

But I hope someone releases a copy of the MCS for TM M14.

Actually thats not photoshopped. Thats a Troy MCS, can be found here http://www.troyind.com/m14MCSpage.html

Star's M14 SOPMOD is based on the TROY's SOPMOD Commando Carbine. specs can be found here : http://www.defensereview.com/modules.php?n...cle&sid=590

Looks like Troy scrapped the SOPMOD in favor of a drop in Chassis system like the Sage EBR/MK14 MOD0/1.

But I hope someone releases a copy of the MCS for TM M14.

The high contrast made it appear to be photoshopped (look at the edges around the reciever)

It's interesting but the PRS stock doesnt look that good on an M14 in my oppinion. Looks better on the Armalite family.

The high contrast made it appear to be photoshopped (look at the edges around the reciever)

It's interesting but the PRS stock doesnt look that good on an M14 in my oppinion. Looks better on the Armalite family.

The MCS Chassis can take any AR15 stock, you can buy a MCS without a stock and fit your own, if you have one laying around.

masakarijoe:

the M14 SOPMOD, never made it out trial runs from my understanding. I believe there are less then 50 made. Sage's EBR won that bid.I bet it had to do with SOCOM wanting to use the surplus of M14s. And Troy understanding that went back and created the MCS, MCS sort of looks like a big brother of the SOPMOD.

Edited by gun5h311

I have the TGS EBR CNC Kit and its the only one I know that can take a large battery and install seems to be the simplest of the 3 Kits (KA, G&P, TGS).

ebr6.jpg

ebr8.jpg

ebr7.jpg

Last one is a size shot, the EBR isn't that much longer the an M4 or AK74U. And its not that heavy, but its unbalanced.

Edited by gun5h311