M14 Picture Thread

Gunshell,

You're right. The shingles are tight when new. But after they are used for a while, they loosen up and allow for quicker access. I've had two of the TT shingles on the front of my PC for a couple seasons now and once they loosen up they are a bit easier to use. Access is almost as quick as the BDS double stack pouches on my other rig. Some magpulls would probably help.

TBH, the mags are a bit harder to reach when they are higher up in a chest rig, so I am curious to see how this setup works in the field. I was looking for a setup that would carry a bunch of mags, allow for prone shooting, and not be quite as heavy/hot as a PC.

Nice EBR BTW. :)

if you soak the pouches in hot water and let them dry with the mags in them they expand. For the shingles magpuls are a must, they sit way too low in the pouch. I had 7 of them double stacked going across my BHI Chest rig, I personally didn't like them. :P My mag changes where slower and sometimes removing the cord if it was on the wrong side was such hassle when in a fire fight.

Thanks. now only if someone would release a MCS or JAE-100 stock..

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finaly has arrived:   WE M14 GBB in FPG stock (folding stock and grip are from Beretta BM59, modified to fit M14 stock). If my info is correct such M14 version was used by SEALs in 90s.   Sent

Posted Images

For those wishing an update on my M14 (cause I know that is the equivilant of about the :WARNING CALCULUS: lim of 1\x as x approaches infinity (Read 0)) I finally got the parts gun. I'm very pleased my M14 is up and running smooth again and is much quieter with the M120 set up (used the GB and stock CA geartrain and what not so it's much quieter than the all systema stuff) Anyways, I now have three options for games. I can choose the National Match and go M21 on everyone, I can choose SA Scout or I can go M1 Garand (take the scout flash hider off and it no joke looks like an M1 Garand.

I'll get pictures up later tonight, I have to take an online test right now.

The barrel change proceedure is easy enough I can do it with one allen wrench and the removal of two screws. Easy as pie! Now all I need is a short, and I mean relativly short (not like ICS Short silencer short) and I can do some CoD4 silencer action!!!

I just got a king arms m14 bipod adaptor but I don't know how to install it can anyone provide me with a guide or something like that.

So it has two parts right? Look at the front of the M14 stock infront of the sling mount. There will be a hole there.

Remove the barrel/reciever parts from the stock by pulling down on the trigger guard and gently lifting up on the barrel.

Take the part with the hole going through it and poke it up from the outside ofthe stock and screw it into the top part of the bipod pin.

Should be fairly straightforward.

it seems like ALOT was improved...

new mechbox (probably standard type)

selectable

new barrel mount

new hopup

probably uses standard style mags

new stock adjustment

better slashider

probably more, i dont know. looks amazing

im buying one the day its out

any idea when thats supposed to happen? when was the last word from star on that? expected price?

-joe

That may be, but few of the faults ive listed are mentioned above or even on their site.

Sure it looks nice i know ive owned one but tbh I doubt it'll be worth the time, hassle and money.

On a unrelated note does anyone know if a vltor m14 stock will fit a aeg internals with a few minor mods ?

Edited by -Drake-

Yes I did but it only mentions a new folding stock (that looks like the old one) new gearbox, selectable, left grip (again looks remarkably like the old one) realistic markings, easy battery install (which yet again looks like the old set-up in which a tiny grup holds the barrel in place.)

The only difference I can see is the fire selector and flashider other than that I cant see where it mentions a new hop-up, mag compatability or even mention whats different about the barrel mount.

But whatever floats your boat.

anyhoo a pic of mine.

sopmod22840.jpg

first, ill say: sex.

anyway, the stock isnt changed, but the button that adjusts it is canted, like the EBR so it is earier to press

the barrel nut thing (gas block) is changed. aparrently, not screwed in, but instead it clicks in place or something.

as far as the other stuff, like mags and hopup, im just assuming it because of the new mechbox; and i HOPE that the mechbox is like the standard m14 type

got any more sopmod pics?

got any spare sopmod parts? i need internals...

selling your sopmod?

:D

-Joe

i want me one of those DMR stocks.

anyone know of an over barrel silencer that will fit?

still need the RIS kit, bipod and the scope on it,

and a silencer if i can find one.

I swear in that first picture I was like "uh... where's the M14?"

yep, thats my review!

i still have it, if you want details... ive delved deeper into its workings

-Joe

Cheers mate any new updated infp would be good.

big al this is the only one i could find.

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/index.php?showtopic=52978

Cheers for that also Headhunter.