M14 Picture Thread

Yeah I took out the grub screw. I couldn't find my moms hair dryer so I put my muzzle in very hot water for a few minutes, and tried to get it to turn and it still wouldn't. I ended up marring up the castle nut. what do you guys use to get the castle nut off? I tried channel lock pliers and all that did is mar up the nut and surrounding flashider material.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finaly has arrived:   WE M14 GBB in FPG stock (folding stock and grip are from Beretta BM59, modified to fit M14 stock). If my info is correct such M14 version was used by SEALs in 90s.   Sent

Posted Images

March132008001.jpg

CYMA SOC16, with a KA bi-pod of some sort, and standard Marui mags. Pretty standard right now, and this exact same rifle has been seen in in this thread in a very similar configuration. I still want to get a scope mount, and a better battery, and possibly give it a CoD4-style digital camo paint job (just cause I think it looks cool). I'm also thinking I might want to try to find and fit a standard M14 heat shield and get rid of that rail.

This gun's provided me with a bunch of little surprises. Didn't expect the rail to be too far ahead to be able to mount a scope, and I didn't expect that I'd have to mod the Marui mag to get iot to work (As the mag catch is too long. I could've modded the catch, but I wasn't sure how it would turn out.)

thanks for that pic soc16... got one with slightly better lighting? sorry to be picky :D its great though!

north: you can remove that mount by removing those hex screws, but note, the point of that rail IS to be far foward, for quick aquisition optics, like reflex sights

-Joe

I would like an update on the G&G flashider question, were you able to get it off eventually?

I have the same one... is it the socom version? I wanted to take it off to attach a silencer on mine, but wasn't sure.

As for the rest of you, what kind of vests do you use to carry your m14 mags? I was looking at getting an HSGI Weesatch, but wasn't sure... I need something somewhat light, (in weight and color) I use multicam, and really like the open-topped mag pouches so I figured the Weesatch would be good, any other suggestions? and can I get some pics of the gun+gear??

BTW... God DAMN!! I <3 the M14!! SOOO sehksay!

Well, i didn't try again, I haven't had time. But, I plan on trying again later today, so I'll update then.

As far as mag carriage, a Weestatch should work. My Guarder Weestatch holds M14 mags fine, one per pouch. I'm sure the HSGI would be the same way. Here's pic, It's kinda old though, but the only thing that's changed is I got a Condor utility for it.

PC170693.jpg

Sorry mate, that's the best picture I currently have, as my SOC16 is at a squad mates house for Upgrades.

HSGI holds 7.62 mags just fine. My only recommendation is to get magpuls or such because they can be a pain to pull out otherwise, as they slide down sometimes.

Edited by Cam Keo SOC16
Double post.

might as well use it

Anyone have an experience with the echo 1 soc 16's?

Okay, I'm a noob here (and to airsoft in general) but I've been doing a lot of research in that time. :D

I picked up the echo 1 soc 16 last month and I gave it a pretty good working the first time out. What

did you want to know?

What I do know:

- It chrono'd way over forum limits. Actually, we chrono'd it against an upgraded TM M14 (which also was above forum limits) and the soc 16 ran about 20fps higher.

- It's pretty darn accurate.

- And it's REALLY quiet in semi mode. Took out a team of five without giving away my position.

The only real problem I noted was it would occassionally jam in semi. However, that may have been my fault by not fully pulling the trigger every time. (Help here would be appreciated....)

I'll have a chance next weekend to fully test my theory.

Regards,

Jamie