M14 Picture Thread

So I decided to Google Image "M21 SWS" just to see if I could get any amazing phots. Well, I got some, but one jumped out at me. Most of the front sights of the M14/M21's I saw was the same as any front sight. But, this one jumped out at me:

m214.jpg

What is that front sight and how can I get one?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finaly has arrived:   WE M14 GBB in FPG stock (folding stock and grip are from Beretta BM59, modified to fit M14 stock). If my info is correct such M14 version was used by SEALs in 90s.   Sent

Posted Images

So I decided to Google Image "M21 SWS" just to see if I could get any amazing phots. Well, I got some, but one jumped out at me. Most of the front sights of the M14/M21's I saw was the same as any front sight. But, this one jumped out at me:

-snip-

:huh:

Unless I'm completely missing it, the two rifles in that picture are identical, the only difference I see is the suppressor on the distant rifle is black- but the actual 'sights' are the same, and are standard M14 SOCOM front sights.

Slainte!

Edited by Guinness

Those are SEI's M14SE SDM rifles or the new M21A5. The suppressor, front sight, etc. are made my SEI. I'm not sure if you can purchase the SDM front sight's separately. I've never seen one in person, but I think they are the old match front sights mounted onto the gas lock...I'm not sure though.

Is the aimpoint in a comfortable position with the mount backwards like that? The scout mount has always seemed just a little bit too far for the looks of things, but what you did would help.

All i did was reverse the cantilever mount, i found that having the sight Right on the rail is a little far. so i reversed it and got it a bit closer. The way it's set now my head can be in and almost neutral position and i can get a clear view through the optics. I'm also thinking about adding a 3x magnifier on a regular M14 Scope mount, just looking at it seems as though they would line up pretty well.

Unless I'm completely missing it, the two rifles in that picture are identical, the only difference I see is the suppressor on the distant rifle is black- but the actual 'sights' are the same, and are standard M14 SOCOM front sights.

Oh, yeah, totally. I was saying that the front sights on those two rifles are different from what I normally see.

Those are SEI's M14SE SDM rifles or the new M21A5. The suppressor, front sight, etc. are made my SEI. I'm not sure if you can purchase the SDM front sight's separately. I've never seen one in person, but I think they are the old match front sights mounted onto the gas lock...I'm not sure though.

Very cool, thanks. Sucks that you can buy them, though.

Thanks guys. I thought that's what it was for, but I don't really see how it would work that much....

Is it Classic Army? Really don't know, I'm just throwing out brands. :D

Edit: Just tried fake recoiling my M14 with the butt plate open, definitely feel how it could reduce muzzle climb. Feels too much like it'll fall off on mine though, so I think I'll just leave it closed....

Edited by Chris North
It's a CYMA , bwahahah! Its on sale on 858 heh.

It's for sale one here too.... :unsure: Nice detective work ;)

Can someone please tell me where I can get a cheek rest/ extender thingy from? Be it a soft or hard material. I cant find anything :(

How much do you want to spend?

http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=90CP00BK

http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=90CP01BK

Old school.... http://www.ima-usa.com/product_info.php/products_id/1556

Something a little different... http://www.cheeknstock.com/order_form.html

Edited by Whitedingo

I just finished scanning this whole thread and there are some really nice M14s here. I'm defintely NOT a fan of the EBRs though. Fugly IMO. I would love to see a Troy MCS kit w/ Magpul stock though...

Now that I've purchased my P90 (ducking and covering), I can join the "Brotherhood" in a couple of weeks. I'm heavily leaning towards the CYMA M14 SOC16 in OD (switched from black) but hesitate now that I've seen some of the DMR conversions.

Has anybody dropped a SOC16 into the G&P DMR conversion kit? Any pics? Will it look weird with a short barrel?

I will be adding the suppressor from my P90 TR to my SOC 16/DMR (P90s look horrible with suppressors). Will this help the look?

edit: horrible grammar.

Edited by crusader4x