M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finaly has arrived:   WE M14 GBB in FPG stock (folding stock and grip are from Beretta BM59, modified to fit M14 stock). If my info is correct such M14 version was used by SEALs in 90s.   Sent

Posted Images

the wooden-style Cyma M14s, are they all just plastic?

errm, the stock and heatshield are plastic like all the other brands, but everything else is metal.

+2 TM, but personally I'd see if I could convince the giver to get me a Cyma + $200 worth of internal upgrades ^_^

seconded. cymas already come with a tightbore, metal bushings, metal spring guide and steel gears (not monkey metal like the TM). IMO may as well just buy a cyma instead of a TM and use the money you saved to buy a nice walnut stock and a few internal goodies :)

My friend wants to get a M14 for his birthday, and I was wondering what is better, TM or G&G.

I'd have to go with G&G, personally. I'm an absolute believer in proper feel for all of my guns. I could not stand my TM M14's stock or the metal parts. It didnt even feel remotely close to the real thing. The CA/G&G's certainly felt much better. They perform about the same at the end of the day it just depends on what he wants to spend money on.

For the money, I'd spend the little extra and get a G&G M14 Veteran (375$ from www.Kastwayairsoft.com) because it comes shooting awesome out of the box and it's got a wood stock on it already.

Here is something I posted as a little bit of an AEG Guide for the main mfgs of M14's (I have one for M16's as well):

===============================================================================

M14's (M14's & SOCOM16's)

===============================================================================

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TM M14/SOCOM16

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name:

-Tokyo Marui

-NONE?

Manufacturer Location:

-JAPAN

US Importer:

-NONE

Stock FPS

-310fps with .20's

Warranty:

-None

Average Cost:

-350$

Externals:

Finally, Metal! TM's Second AEG to contain a metal reciever (First was Thompson series). The metal is still not the worlds greatest but it is metal! Solid construction and fun features make it a good external AEG. The metal parts match up with whats metal on the Real M14. Good news for M14 buffs. The only thing that is noteworthy is that the Metal on my Generation 1 TM M14 was not the strongest and parts started to break off. This has supposedly changed for the better.

The plastics are ok. They are the standard TM Plastic, and unfortunately that means the Heatshield above the barrel and infront of the reciever is very flimsy and creaks if moved. The stock is solid enough but I specifically remember mine being able to be torsioned a little which made me a little bitter. The stock has enough room for an 8.4v battery in it but some 9.6v's are too long to fit in there. Filing down the guide rails can fix this issue but it is apparent that TM is still living in the NiCD era for battery tech.

Internals:

Typical TM Internals, Rock solid in stock form. V7 Gearbox means new proprietary parts, and all of them too. The Hop up unit is worth mentioning because it is clearly made of magical pixie dust because in stock form it can outrange a good number of mildly upgraded AEG's at a fraction of the FPS. It is also very easy to set. The unit, however is plastic, but cant be broken because it does not make direct contact with the magazine, ever!

Reliability:

It's a TM, it's going to be reliable in it's stock form running an 8.4v battery. Probably close to 250k-300k rounds

What to Keep:

-Metals, Obviously! Kits are out there to change that

-Stock is OK on it, but can also be changed

-Hop UP unit is made of WIN!

-Motor

What to Toss:

-Internals if you want to upgrade

-Stock if you dont like plasticky stocks

-Heatshield if you dont like plasticky stocks

Classic Army M14 National Match/SCOUT

Name:

-Yick Fung Industries, Classic Army

-www.classicarmy.com

Manufacturer Location:

-Hong Kong

US Importer:

-Spartan Imports

Stock FPS

-325 fps with .20's

Warranty:

-None

Average Cost:

-250$ USD

Externals:

Metal and plastic content matches that of the Real M14. The metal is the same CA potmetal reciever however again it is very very very solid feeling and is very nicely made. The Bolt has a working bolt catch, but because of the gearbox design can only be pulled half back (to expose the hop up unit) It makes a very satisfying and realistic kerclank when you let go of it () The Disassembly is close to the real thing, and the parts are held together very solidly. The frontsight on all CA M14's is canted slighly to the left which irks me a little but is acceptable.

Plastics are ok at best. Old version CA M14's have problems with the stocks splitting out (I had two, both split out) The newer ones do not suffer this problem nearly as bad. The new versions also have a retextured stock that is much nicer to hold onto and much more realistic. Good news! Battery compartment holds enough room for large 9.6v's. You could, if you wanted to shove a 10.8v or even a 12v in there however I dont recommend this. The Door to put the battery in is plastic.

Internals:

The CA M14 uses a G&G Styled gearbox. However there are some stark differences. The CA M14 has a fixed motor cage and uses a TM M14 style fire selector (with the U bar that goes around the back of the gearbox... it's a terrible design, personally). The gearbox uses a slew of parts from different guns but here is quick rundown:

V2/V3 Gears

V3 Spring Guide

V6 Cylinder Head

AUG Airnozzle

Short Motors

Standard Cylinder

Standard Spring

Standard Piston

Standard Piston Head

G&G M14 Proprietary Tappet Plate (might be a V6)

7mm Bushings/Bearings

AUG Hop Up Unit

509mm Barrel

Standard Hop Up rubber

The stock motor, follows that of the Armalite series... they are OK.

Reliability:

In their stock form I have no doubts that they would last 150k rounds like other CA AEG's do.

What to Keep:

-External Metals

-Stock

-Gears are good to go

What to Toss:

-Heatshield is still bad

-Motor if you plan on upgrading

-Piston/pistonhead if you plan on upgrading

-Spring Guide

-Hop Up Rubber

G&G M14/SOC16/Veteran

Name:

-Guay And Guay

-http://b2b.guay2.com

Manufacturer Location:

-Taiwan

US Importer:

-Spartan/Tech101

Stock FPS

-350fps with .20's (Veteran shoots 410-420fps with .20's)

Warranty:

-30 Day Warranty from G&G

-STOCK parts replacement, indefinite

Average Cost:

-250$ USD (Standard/SOC16) 375$ (Veteran)

Externals:

The Standard G&G M14/SOC16 is comparable to the CA M14's. Some things to note is the metal is much more solid and the plastic is a heavier duty plastic. The same features apply to both externally. That is the bolt catch, disassembly, butt plate, reciever, and the rest of hte metal parts are all well made. No visable casting or mold lines. Trademarks are simple and do not have "Springfield Armory" trades like CA does but instead says "G&G Armament" instead of Springfield Armory.

The plastics are heavier duty, and much nicer feeling than the CA's. Having said that they definetly are nylon fiber. They do not creek at all and do not crack out nearly as easy as the CA's do. This is due to the fact that the internals are slightly different in layout. More on that later though!

**G&G M14 Veteran Evolution** This rifle does not have a plastic stock but instead has a Wood stock painted with a Walnut stain and some light coats of brown paint. It looks wonderfull however it is a bit soft. That of course is totaly out done by the fact it's wood and much nicer feeling than any plastic stock!

Internals:

The G&G M14/SOC16 uses a different design than the TM. CA Copied the majority of the G&G M14 design for their use. It uses the same parts as the CA M14 internally. There are some things to note though. The Fire selector is different, the G&G M14's goes through the gearbox instead of out and around be hind it. This makes for a much smoother change over in fire selectors (in my oppinion) and it prevents the fire selector from moving on it's own. Also the motor mount is on a semi moveable mount which allows the motor to fit easier into the stock. This is a good design as fitting into the stocks can be a pain to do correctly. The G&G Internals are amazing, and I'd say better then their M16 series. They come with 4x7mm Bearings on the Spur and Bevel gears and 2x8mm Bearings on the Sector gear. They also come with a Bearing Spring guide and metal piston Head. These are truely works of art.

Reliability:

Unlike their M16 series G&G has worked out the kinks on their M14 lineup. They do not suffer from the reliability issues they used to have. I would say that a G&G M14 could last past 150k rounds easily and push to the 200k limit on good maintenance.

What to Keep:

-Everything, stock internally in the gearbox

-Hop Up unit is rocksolid

What to Toss:

-Heatshield! (buy a real M14 heatshield)

-Hop up rubber is "OK" but could be improved

NOTE: G&G M14 Veteran is by far better than the standard G&G M14's and I'd say, uneasily, that it is probably the King of the M14's. It truely is an amazing AEG and one that I'm proud to have spent the money on.

Sure. You could say that. I personally like it more than the TM. There have been reports of some issues with the TM. If you want a MPEG M14, go for the CYMA. There amazing.

BTW, the scope covers appear to be Butler Creek Flip-up Scope Covers, they range in diameters and are availible at any sporting goods store.

Edited by The Crunchy Bunny
Sure. You could say that. I personally like it more than the TM. There have been reports of some issues with the TM. If you want a MPEG M14, go for the CYMA. There amazing.

BTW, the scope covers appear to be Butler Creek Flip-up Scope Covers, they range in diameters and are availible at any sporting goods store.

ive had my toubles with utg before, but i was told it was just a mag problem, would a cyma work with maybe just a new mag and not much internal upgrading? ive heard they have shoddy piston work

My Cheekpiece isnt here yet but here is my M21:

2592940123_4e46314f6e_b.jpg

2592944539_7b4ac86f3f_b.jpg

2592942221_34a5248c4c_b.jpg

2592947057_b6d750b1d0_b.jpg

2593787332_aae95d1cfc_b.jpg

TM M14 modded to what I think is close enough to an M21

Right now its got:

- Guarder RAS

- 3-9x50 Illuminated Red/Green Scope with QD railed rings

- Guarder FTK (SP120)

- Bolt Catch Mod (note picture 3, bolt locked back)

In the mail:

- Blackhawk Cheekpiece

- DB Custom 6.01 M14 Length TB

- PDI 190%

- Systema Magnum Motor