M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finaly has arrived:   WE M14 GBB in FPG stock (folding stock and grip are from Beretta BM59, modified to fit M14 stock). If my info is correct such M14 version was used by SEALs in 90s.   Sent

Posted Images

That's a hottie T-7....is that the Star? If it is I have a couple of questions about it....

My own gentlemen, pardon the hippie sheets.....

ebrartistic003so2.jpg

Kart EBR, literally destroyed itself on my first outing with it, rebuilt with plenty of Loc-Tite by Tiny

at FPS Unlimited..the only place worth repairing your AS pieces in Western New York....upgrades internally:

Systema Metal Bushings

Shim Job

Metal Spring guide

G+G Teflon coated cylinder

Stock Piston

Area 1000 metal Piston head

A+K SAW motor

Next up:

Madbull shark hop up rubber

Tight Bore

110 spring

Possible weight reduction custom work done by Dobey....

She's running round 330 FPS with .25's right now....

Dude, it is indeed the Star SOPMOD, fire away with the questions! :D

1. I've heard that Star uses plastic gear boxes...is this true of the SOPMOD line?

2. What mags work with that puppy?

If the answer to the first question is no, and the answer to the second is TM compatible, then I've got me a new gun to start saving for!

1. I've heard that Star uses plastic gear boxes...is this true of the SOPMOD line?

2. What mags work with that puppy?

If the answer to the first question is no, and the answer to the second is TM compatible, then I've got me a new gun to start saving for!

Masakarijoe hit the nail on the head, apparently the gearbox is TM compatible and what he meant bu unique is that the SOPMOD uses only Star M14 mags and they only come in hicaps.

There are very few retailers who sells the mags, try ehobby asia as they stock them!

Hope this helps! :)

Crunchy Bunny, you have a good eye for details! :D

Hi

Was going to ask in the tech forums, but though I'd try here first. I have a TM M14 Socom, and I'm trying to find a 6.03 tightbore for it, preferably in the UK.

Now, I've figured out that the barrel length of the M14 Socom is 433mm (correct me if I'm wrong) and is the same type as the type 89 barrel. Thing is, I've also seen Type 89 barrels being listed as fitting a VSR. So by that reckoning, can a 433mm 6.03 VSR barrel fit a TM Socom?

Edit: my mistake, it appears that for the VSR to use the Type 89 barrel it needs an airseal adaptor to allow the VSR to use AEG barrels.

Hayabusa

Edited by Hayabusa

stock looks great. many, many real rifles have that type of effect on them. i like it.

why semi only? it DOES have a selector switch, and the real one is selectable... why not keep full auto? is it because of internal upgrades?

-joe

Edited by masakarijoe

no its becasue the selector leaver has snapped for the 2nd time and the first time i replaced it with a metal selector leaver but unfortunatly it snapped on the other side which was plastic. and i am unable to find a replacment part.

i do like it full auto but i want to use it like the real deal, on semi as a marksman rifle. i have my SR16 for when i need fully auto.

and i have my 1911 if i find myself n a spot of bother.

Im currently looking for a "Standard" SOCOM type flash hider. Im not a big fan of the Scout flash hider. Nice rifle over all. Great range and pretty acceptable accuracy out of the box. I will be adding the Spring Upgrade, Tighbore, H-Nub and LiPo power in the coming weeks. I will be sure to update as to its current performance after upgrades are installed and tested.

yeah, i think the scout flashider is cool, but the socom is better. good choice. only thing i dont like is that small "disc" on the side of the rifle... from what ive learned, it is only supposed to be on wood stocked rifles, as it is a sign of internal metal reinforcement, and only wooden stocks have that. i could be mistaken however. my RS SOCOM does not have one.

and i thought those EBRs were pre order... hmmm. cool

-joe

yeah, i think the scout flashider is cool, but the socom is better. good choice. only thing i dont like is that small "disc" on the side of the rifle... from what ive learned, it is only supposed to be on wood stocked rifles, as it is a sign of internal metal reinforcement, and only wooden stocks have that. i could be mistaken however. my RS SOCOM does not have one.

and i thought those EBRs were pre order... hmmm. cool

-joe

I think it depends heavily on what brand of stock you buy. I know from SA the synthetic stocks do not have the disks but thats because the metal reinforcement is directly put into the synthetic when the stock is made. I've seen internal metal frames in some competition stocks though similiar to the wood stock ones just as an extra buffer against stock damage. I'll see if I cant find a picture of one. Dont expect an imediate response though. I'm out during the weeks =\