M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finaly has arrived:   WE M14 GBB in FPG stock (folding stock and grip are from Beretta BM59, modified to fit M14 stock). If my info is correct such M14 version was used by SEALs in 90s.   Sent

Posted Images

PianoBlack, how heavy is that entire setup?

I can't give you an exact weight but in comparison to my A&K M249 para (steel bipod, ranger grip, and lower RIS, no box mag), it's about the same with the battery installed. Compared to my G&P Commando with RIS, it's noticeably heavier. As vague as this may be, I hope it helps. I put it on the chronograph and with a battery with unknown charge, it's averaging 380 fps with 16 bps. Nothing spectacular, but the trigger response is really nice.

-Piano.

Crump3t-

That M14 of yours looks pretty good with that flash hider, which is something I don't normally see locally. [...]

-Piano

Thank ya :)

I have to say, your EBR's almost changed my mind about em... couldn't stand em at first, but I really like the desert paint on em... I like the two tone-ish thing w/the black accessories, the only thing I'd really contemplate painting would be the kac mount, just to make the rails match... but then, that really would make no sense unless you "broke a scope in the field and swapped it after painting" or something... but yeah, something about the rails, dunno.. just me. :)

[And <3 the parts list, wish mine looked that nice.. =P]

Edited by crump3t
Is anyone here going to rock that new Troy MCS replica coming out?

Depends on the cost. It would be tempting if it fell between the cost of G&P's EBR and DMR kits ($500 to $130 before shipping), but if it was priced a bit considerably more, only those looking specifically for a MWS would buy it. The one product it would give a run for its money if it was priced along the lines as their SIG kit would by G&P's Mk14 MOD 1 kit, as they both allow the use of a M4-style stock, the MOD 1 however using that stock to hold the battery and the MWS using the stock to hold the battery, probably in a similar matter to the MOD 0. I personally would go for either a DMR or plain-Jane M14 with an aftermarket wooden body. Nothing high speed like the EBR, just a throwback to an elegant weapon for a more civilized time.

Just my thoughts and observations,

Piano.

Inspired by the two following pics and the desire to make the SOC16 a bit more close-quarters friendly, I looked into ways I could mount a side-folding stock on the M14.

372219233_mvrNM-M.jpg Mcmillan M1a

372221157_P24x7-M.jpg Para M14

My original concept was to install a folding stock on the DMR stock, but the cost and location of the gearbox convinced me to go another route (at least for now). I had a spare M14 stock from my DMR conversion, so I decided to start with that as a base. Not having a pistol grip is a negative, but this will give me a taste of how it will work and help me decide if I want to improve upon the design.

Custom Paratrooper TM M14

370158657_FiVM3-M.jpg

370158692_zcDzs-M.jpg

The unfolded length is the same as the standard stock. The grip is easily graspable when the stock is folded. It's a bit front heavy, but the balance is still OK. The stock is bolted to a steel bracket inside the grip, so it is very sturdy.

M14 purists may cringe, but I am pleased with how it has turned out. With the creation of this stock, I now have the flexibility to have four different M14 configurations (two at a time): traditional, SOC16, DMR, and Paratrooper.

I am still working on installing a stick battery in the foregrip portion of the stock. There's plenty of room, but I am waiting for a spare charging arm and a couple other bits because I want to be able to convert it back to a standard SOC16.

Inspired by the two following pics and the desire to make the SOC16 a bit more close-quarters friendly, I looked into ways I could mount a side-folding stock on the M14.

Para M14

It's hard to tell from the blurry photo, but I don't think that's an M14. It looks like a Barretta BM59, Ital TA or M1A-A1.

Looks like you might have a bit trouble holding the grip...any problems with it so far?

BTW hawt gun :D

Thanks. The grip works OK with the stock folded. My small hand fits, but would likely be tight for someone with big paws.

372414835_8jejw-S.jpg372414840_EwQm9-S.jpg

I finished a rough install of the battery and this configuration has some promise.

372414849_7yQAk-S.jpg

BTW, the blurry pic is a BM59 alpine troops or para troops foldable stock mounted under a M14.

http://www.imageseek.com/m1a/gallery/close...h_folding_stock

Here's another pic of the BM59 stock under a SOC16.

AmazingPara-Soc16.jpg

Edited by fishsquatch
  • 2 weeks later...

While the final product looks-wise makes me cringe a bit, it looks like great craftsmanship, so +1 for the fine work and +2 for originality! But by the looks of it, that Mcmillan M1 shouldn't be too hard right? Besides obtaining a conversion kit for mutilation of course... but I have to say, of the side-folding variants, that'd definitely be my pick.

While the final product looks-wise makes me cringe a bit, it looks like great craftsmanship, so +1 for the fine work and +2 for originality!

Thanks. It was a fun side project/experiment that turned out well. I agree about the looks. :)

But by the looks of it, that Mcmillan M1 shouldn't be too hard right? Besides obtaining a conversion kit for mutilation of course... but I have to say, of the side-folding variants, that'd definitely be my pick.

The trick is the angle of the motor, which is at the rear of the V7 gearbox. For a Mcmillan-style to work, the motor would have to be remounted like in the G&P DMR stock, but that would push the hinge for the folding stock back an inch or two. The motor extends up to the front edge of the cheek rest:

gp_kit_731_s.jpg

If I could figure out a way to securely attach a side-folding stock to the DMR stock, that would be my next project. It would be really nice to keep the solid stock and add a hinge (kinda like a scar or something like that) so we could still have a large battery back there . . . . .

I do like the Mcmillan stock though . . .

m1a-package.jpg

Edited by fishsquatch