M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finaly has arrived:   WE M14 GBB in FPG stock (folding stock and grip are from Beretta BM59, modified to fit M14 stock). If my info is correct such M14 version was used by SEALs in 90s.   Sent

Posted Images

Sometimes simple is better..

Started- AGM M14.. All Stock paint Removed part-by-part (all in my lungs now :P )

all externals refinished, Includeing Internals..

to many internal upgrades to list, Only stock parts are the shell and trigger mech

M14.jpg

DVC00549.jpg

DVC00550.jpg

Plus for $10 shipped from a China Company on Ebay, that cheekpad is Awsome.. Fully adjustable and all, plus its built great..

DVC00551.jpg

Hey,

I am considering buying a TM m14 as a semi auto sniping platform. I will be upgrading it to 450 (professionally done by AEX and limited to semi auto) and adding a TB barrel(6.01). What kind of range would you expect with this kind of set up? And would you reccomend it.

Thank you,

Scar

BTW if this is in the wrong section, please let me know and i will post elsewhere.

Hey,

I am considering buying a TM m14 as a semi auto sniping platform. I will be upgrading it to 450 (professionally done by AEX and limited to semi auto) and adding a TB barrel(6.01). What kind of range would you expect with this kind of set up? And would you reccomend it.

Thank you,

Scar

BTW if this is in the wrong section, please let me know and i will post elsewhere.

Scar, as you'll be well aware this kind of thing has been covered many a time on here.

Essentially, TM M14's are immense, they have an effective range of 65m+ if you get them right. 450fps might not make it perform any better than say if it was at 375-400; some say there is a sweet spot, where by increasing the fps might actually make it more inaccurate. I would recommend the TM M14s, but the CYMA clones are an equally viable option especially considering their ease of upgrades and similar performance to the TM... and cheaper!

Some good info on the sock gun here:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=155786

Scar, as you'll be well aware this kind of thing has been covered many a time on here.

Essentially, TM M14's are immense, they have an effective range of 65m+ if you get them right. 450fps might not make it perform any better than say if it was at 375-400; some say there is a sweet spot, where by increasing the fps might actually make it more inaccurate. I would recommend the TM M14s, but the CYMA clones are an equally viable option especially considering their ease of upgrades and similar performance to the TM... and cheaper!

Some good info on the sock gun here:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=155786

I would go with a clone, but my local shop REFUSES to upgrade any china made gun :(.

And I like Tm's quality. Plus AEX's warranty on their guns is UNBEATABLE as well.

So this would be a viable sniper rifle, on par with tanaka's, VSR's, and maruzen's right?

If so, i would rather get this than a vsr because it will cost me less, and i won't have to move to cock it. I know it will be louder, but i will do a few mod of my own to quiet it, and sound isn't a big issue for me. So basically this would be able to get first shot hit on a torso sized target most of the time on a target at 50m? And after i get a reply i will post in the m14 brotherhood from now on.

Also, can anyone post pictures of their groupings?(20m+ preferably)

Thank you,

Scar

I would go with a clone, but my local shop REFUSES to upgrade any china made gun :(.

And I like Tm's quality. Plus AEX's warranty on their guns is UNBEATABLE as well.

So this would be a viable sniper rifle, on par with tanaka's, VSR's, and maruzen's right?

If so, i would rather get this than a vsr because it will cost me less, and i won't have to move to cock it. I know it will be louder, but i will do a few mod of my own to quiet it, and sound isn't a big issue for me. So basically this would be able to get first shot hit on a torso sized target most of the time on a target at 50m? And after i get a reply i will post in the m14 brotherhood from now on.

Also, can anyone post pictures of their groupings?(20m+ preferably)

Thank you,

Scar

I have a better idea for you. G&G M14 Veteran, shoots 430 w/ .20's STOCK, has tightbore STOCK, woodstock stock, beefy gearbox, awesome mags, and in general is an impressive M14.

Not to diss on the TM or anything, (I owned one when they came out) but the G&G M14 Veteran already shoots your desired FPS range stock, add a 6.01 tightbore, new hop up rubber and nub and be right on top of 450 without ever cracking the gearbox seal. I cant emphasize enough how much I love mine. If you check out the M14 Brotherhood section you can see my review of all three major M14's (TM, CA, and G&G) and for 375$ you are actually spending about the same for a much better platform that will be far more reliable than AEX will ever make the AEG.

Kastway Airsoft has them in stock (their picture shows a SOCOM length but it's a full length M14) Only reason IMO to get a TM based is if you plan on getting the DMR stock, at which point I have to ask why dont you buy the G&P preassembled one and upgrade that instead?

Seriously, consider what I have to say, I've only owned 4 M14's (1 TM, 2 CA's and a G&G, the TM and 2 CA's where shooting 400 FPS, 525, and 400 FPS respectivly and my G&G shoots 383 w/ .25's) and I can say that the G&G will be much better base because you dont have to crack open the gearbox to replace ANYTHING. And if you do, G&G has an even better warranty than anything AEX offers. So long as you dont crack the GB seal they will replace the entire GB at cost of shipping for basically life. (I know someone who has used this a lot with his first gen G&G Veteran) Current generations are awesome... I'm running around 50k BB's out of mine to date without a hicup!

But isn't the TM more accurate? and isn't the hopup not as good as the TM's?

Can you post a picture or tell me what the groupings are at 150', and post some pictures of what setup you have right now. I currently own a CA m14 scout, but its stock range is awful IMO. I am considering the m14 veteran as of your post, but just don't know enough about it. I will check out your post in the M14 brotherhood, and ask any more Q's there. Thank you ,

Scar

My friend had an absolutely beautiful TM m14. Cost him a fortune, but it was worth it IMO. It was shooting ~450 FPS with a DBCustoms 6.01 tightbore with deadly accuracy. Magnum motor really helped along with a huge Elite 9.6v 4000mAh battery so the trigger was extremely crisp. Craziest thing about it was that it was the quietest gun I've ever heard/shot, bar none. Seriously, for a ridiculously upgraded M14 with a Magnum motor, you'd expect it to be loud. But it was really quiet. And he even threw on a foam-filled suppressor just to finalize it.

If I ever have the money for a DMR build I'd certainly go with a TM m14.

HOWEVER, I have not personally owned or even shot a G&G m14 so I can't really comment on that.

But isn't the TM more accurate? and isn't the hopup not as good as the TM's?

Can you post a picture or tell me what the groupings are at 150', and post some pictures of what setup you have right now. I currently own a CA m14 scout, but its stock range is awful IMO. I am considering the m14 veteran as of your post, but just don't know enough about it. I will check out your post in the M14 brotherhood, and ask any more Q's there. Thank you ,

Scar

Acuracy is the product of far too many variables. Both the G&G and TM M14's have very good hop ups. The CA hop up is OK, but the G&G one is much stiffer and much more accurate. It would be pointless to leave the hop up rubber and nub stock. Thats like racing a stock car in a drag race, very few people do that that are serious about racing :) As to groupings, I currently dont have any pictures of what the groupings are like but my longest confirmed kill was 200 FT with a single shot (probably lucky) most of my shots fall within the 150 ft range ina grouping no larger than half the width of a human chest. It's a very accurate set up. Took me about 2 weeks worth of tweaking to get it the way I wanted it. Well worth it. You also have mags for the G&G (CA mags) so it's not like the transition would be hard.

Pics? Mkay... hold on :)

PC130211.jpg

Ikneel.jpg

I have 9 G&G M14 standards, everyone feeds perfectly all except the last 3 rounds. I cant complain about the accuracy, I dont think you'd go wrong with either the TM or G&G, but you have I run a Leapers (blasphemy!) 4x32 scope on a King Arms M14 rail. The scope isnt zeroed, mostly for spoting. I'm very well known at my local field as having one heck of a stock gun.

Best part is I didnt spend a whole lot on it either. Not compared to my TM, that I payed some 350$ for, then dropped 120$ worth of upgrades in it to get OK performance. Replaced the hop up rubber and it was pretty good, but no where near what my Veteran is now. My two CA's where meh, the 550fps one was OK, the barrel and hop up nub where out of that one that are in my G&G Veteran now.

I honestly cant recommend it enough, you've already got some mags for the G&G, and it's going to be a tad cheaper than the TM in the long run and has much better build quality and mags (IMO, my TM Standards didnt feed at all, keep in mind I had a GEN ONE TM M14, one of the first 100 in the states). Like I said, the only reason I'd recommend the TM over a G&G is if you plan on buying the G&P DMR stock, even then, I'd buy the G&P over the TM any day. The CYMA would probably be a better base than the TM would be anyway. Keep in mind you have to replace gears, cut off lever, spring guide, cylinder head and air nozzle at a minimum not to mention the spring, hop up rubber, barrel, and nub. Then you have to deal with OK standard mags and that cheapy plastic stock =( Icky!

Thats me though :P

My friend had an absolutely beautiful TM m14. Cost him a fortune, but it was worth it IMO. It was shooting ~450 FPS with a DBCustoms 6.01 tightbore with deadly accuracy. Magnum motor really helped along with a huge Elite 9.6v 4000mAh battery so the trigger was extremely crisp. Craziest thing about it was that it was the quietest gun I've ever heard/shot, bar none. Seriously, for a ridiculously upgraded M14 with a Magnum motor, you'd expect it to be loud. But it was really quiet. And he even threw on a foam-filled suppressor just to finalize it.

If I ever have the money for a DMR build I'd certainly go with a TM m14.

HOWEVER, I have not personally owned or even shot a G&G m14 so I can't really comment on that.

I use my guns for sniping, as i find being a DMR fun, but not really as challenging as being a sniper.

But good thing its quiet, so i think ill go with the TM still. THanks for all our help, and im still open for suggestions.

Scar

I use my guns for sniping, as i find being a DMR fun, but not really as challenging as being a sniper.

I'm in the same situation as you, now (but I ordered a TOM SOCOM yesterday) - what did you plan to upgrade?

I thought I'd leave mine stock for a while, but when upgrade, do all at once..

Hy guys! Got mine kart m14 jae-100 yesterday... I mounted bushnell 3-9x40 scope (planning to get extender - sun protector, for it), bipod and thats it for now...

I ordered some new parts to change almost all internals (well it's a kart :rolleyes: ). It's going to be a DMR (as it deserves ;) )

Looking for some ideas for a paintjob... I'll probabbly paint it in OD color (as I play in woods all the time and my loadout is fully usmc - marpat woodland, ciras, pasgt, ect)

I got this beauty because of jae-100 stock...it was a love on first sight :D

Here's a pic while is still stock ;) (with some minor changes)

p.s. - sorry for my English :)

i409799_jae100.jpg

Edited by Eleven