M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finaly has arrived:   WE M14 GBB in FPG stock (folding stock and grip are from Beretta BM59, modified to fit M14 stock). If my info is correct such M14 version was used by SEALs in 90s.   Sent

Posted Images

Like the doctor red dot.

I have a similar setup on my mod1 but went for a T1 incase I bump it.

It works great because I use right eye down th M3 scope and left eye

through the T-1. Don't even have to move my head!

Excuse me,

What scope is that one? Did it came with the ris around? Where dit you get the ris?

Its lovely! Nice ebr!

Thx!

nice, is the birch wood the standard stock for the USGIs M14 scouts?

I could be wrong, but I don't think there is or for that matter ever was a 'USGI' M14 Scout. M14s are M14s; 'M14 Scout' rifles are Springfield M1A Scouts, a purely civilian version of the M14 built by Springfield Armoury since the mid-Seventies and never adopted by any branch of the US military. When double_a says his rifle is a 'Scout' (AFAIK) he means it has a shortened barrel (18", probably from an EBR kit) instead of the standard one (which I think is 22"). His rifle isn't a true M1A Scout (it's still select-fire, for one thing), but if it resembles any weapon from the M14/M1A family it's probably the Springfield Armoury Scout Squad, which has an 18" barrel and can be had with a variety of wooden stocks. The birch stock was at one time issued for the regular M14.

As far as I know no US soldier has ever carried a wooden-stocked M14 with an 18" barrel into battle, at least not as part of regular issue. That said, it is a gorgeous gun...

Edited by PureSilver
  • 3 weeks later...

its an older stock made by troy. it was actually used by Angelina Jolie in the movie Mr. & Mrs. Smith in the dpt. store shoot out. if you care for such trivia.

i believe it was designated the Rock SOPMOD stock and only like 35 real M1As were fitted with them.

they scrapped the system in favor of their newer MCS which IMHO is a bulkier and non streamlined version. i really like the SOPMOD over the MCS. i like the EBR stock and the overall smaller stature of the SOPMOD.

edited for more information

Edited by Horsem4n

Yep, Horsem4n has pretty much got it down. I've owned a standard M14 (SOC16 actually), an EBR, and now this. So far this has been my favorite. Its the perfect blend between your standard M14 and an EBR. While still fairly heavy, its much lighter than your average EBR but still has all of the modularity. That, along with ARES' quick change spring system (something I didn't know this had until the takedown for painting) has changed my opinion of ARES.

Notrabies, I only put about $350 into it. And that was for the rifle straight from AirsoftExtreme (as far as I could find, it was the last available on in the States). Its a standard AEG you can buy stock from the manufacturer, they just aren't seen very much.

Edited by Legionnaire759

Yep, Horsem4n has pretty much got it down. I've owned a standard M14 (SOC16 actually), an EBR, and now this. So far this has been my favorite. Its the perfect blend between your standard M14 and an EBR. While still fairly heavy, its much lighter than your average EBR but still has all of the modularity. That, along with ARES' quick change spring system (something I didn't know this had until the takedown for painting) has changed my opinion of ARES.

Notrabies, I only put about $350 into it. And that was for the rifle straight from AirsoftExtreme (as far as I could find, it was the last available on in the States). Its a standard AEG you can buy stock from the manufacturer, they just aren't seen very much.

Argh, at such a decent price its getting hard to ignore. Have the internals and externals held up well so far? I know Ares is generally good for ingenuity and new designs, but I always hear complaints about durability.

Now the only way I could think to make this cooler is to add a suppressor around the barrel and turning it into a Capitalist VSS Vintorez.

I haven't been able to skirmish with it yet, but I have no complaints so far with backyard plinking. I have however heard horror stories about the motors burning out on 11.1v lipos. But if you stick with something lower than that I'm sure its good to go. My only complaints really were with some of the external features. The barrel wobbles a bit due to the battery design, however, tightening two screws at the base of the outer barrel has virtually remedied this problem. Also, faux carbon fiber hand guard over the barrel is a bit to flimsy for me. One other cosmetic con I have is that the charging handle or rear sight are mock and non functional.

• 2 weeks later...

Cyma M14 that I got for 70 €. Plus some ACM Magpul MOE rails, Magpul angled foregrip, Element Mini Scout light and ACM T-1 red dot.

Painted with Montana 94 spray cans and paper stencils.

More pics here: http://s888.beta.photobucket.com/user/MORTADELO182/library/M14%20Socom

2013-01-15153422_zps8e864a95.jpg

2013-01-15153330_zps607551c8.jpg

2013-01-15153515_zps45999797.jpg

Edited by chas
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...