M14 Picture Thread

I had the CYMA RIS set and it was solid as hell and good quality - clean machining cuts etc. Only thing was there were no trades on it, but as I was going to paint it anyway I didn't care.

Trades don't bother me. What was the weight like? I'm used to ACM rails weighing twice as much as the brand name stuff.
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finaly has arrived:   WE M14 GBB in FPG stock (folding stock and grip are from Beretta BM59, modified to fit M14 stock). If my info is correct such M14 version was used by SEALs in 90s.   Sent

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

My first ever M14 arrived today. It's the lowliest M14 G&G make, the humble GR-14 Black:

9562081551_8a43075420_b.jpg

It's going to evolve significantly over the next few weeks - I don't suppose anyone has the G&G scope mount they want to sell me, or opinions on what sort of scope I should fit?

I also want to get a wood stock for the rifle (amongst other upgrades) but I'm having difficulty finding one that fits. These rather bargainous ones are for Marui-compatible guns; does anyone know how much work would be required to get it to fit the G&G? My options seem to be either G&G or Classic Army stocks - and I can't find either at a reasonable price anywhere. Does anyone have any tips on that?

From what I know, G&G systems are completely different from Marui. They take different mags, have different hops, and different gearboxes. It would take a lot of DIY to get it to fit, even more labor to get it functioning and feeding just right.

It might just best to find a CA/G&G compatible wood stock. It'll save a LOT of time and headaches :P

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

Edited by hawaiianjuggernaut

That's what I've heard. Oh well, no luck there then! I cannot find a Classic Army wood stock in stock anywhere, even though Chas says...

I am looking at buying a CA wood body.

I don't know where or when that was, but I'll PM him and see if I can find out. At present this is all speculative as the rifle has a few issues and might be returned.  :(

[EDIT]I think Chas' inbox is full, or something. Damn.[/EDIT]

Edited by PureSilver

Well, it looks like I and the M14 might be stuck together, so I've been investigating some sight options. I like the way this looks, but the sight plane is way, way too high - I'd need a seriously tall stock riser. That's a shame because the SRS has a big FOV, which suits what I want to do with the rifle quite well.

9570524632_caf2b86f12_o.jpg

What do you guys think? Does it work, or not?

I think the shell of the optic actually blends in excellently with the mount and the ejection opening area of the rifle, but it's certainly clear how high the plain of the dot would be vs the rifles' irons.  I'd say it's the right length (i.e. about the same as the mount which is a big plus looks-wise) it's really just the height.  I'd look for a dot optic that's as long but not as tall; Aimpoint on one of the standard low mounts might work though it's hard to be certain without seeing it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Some upgrades to my GR-14 Black (original pictures above). After I took delivery of the rifle (advertised as barely used and suffering from a hop-up fault, by an Arnie's moderator no less!) I discovered that it was a truly ancient example exhibiting 150fps power fluctuations, a front sight superglued in place, a tendency to jump between fire modes, and assorted other nasties. I took it in for repairs at my local, which didn't work out well at all - the rifle sat unattended for several months and when I came to pick it up it was in markedly worse condition than when I dropped it off. Aod, a user here, dug in and discovered missing gear teeth, non-existent shimming, an ill-fitting piston, butchered wiring, and worse. The dispute with my local is unresolved at present so I won't name them, but suffice it to say I'm not much disposed to pay their technician's bill.

After a new SHS high-torque motor, gearset and POM piston head, a new G&G bearing set, piston, stock and scope mount, a new harness in low-gauge ecowire with a Deans conversion and AirFet NB and a new ACM M3 and killflash, she's starting to look a little better. She's still in dire need of sanding back and refinishing with BLO, and new, lower scope rings, Butler Creek lens caps, a Sadlak QD mounting post and Harris HBRM-S, and a custom adjustable cheekrest, but we're getting there. So much for a cheap backup!

11344495036_28aaa8ac83_c.jpg

It looked pretty good with my SRS clone--I just really prefer a magnified optic for this type of gun.  I've been using a Leupold Mark 4 clone and standard rings on the "diving board" rail section, but it doesn't line up very well (as you can tell from the photos).  If you don't screw it down too tight to the stripper clip mount the front ring will pull the scope into alignment--it feels solid enough but in the back of my mind I always knew it was a bodge job.  

That would work too, but hanging a variable zoom scope off of a single ring is visually even worse than sticking the back ring on the dodgy diving board.  An extended dual ring cantilever scope base would be "correct" for an EBR, like this out-of-production King Arms SPR-E.