M14 Picture Thread

Im looking for a certain picture, maybe somene remembers it and has it saved on their computer.

- Star M14 Sopmod

- User called Keysersoze or something similar

- the lower bas painted brown and the upper chassis was tan.

- I think he had an Eotech 552 sight on it

Lost my old files and I recently bought a Star Sopmod just to imitate that particular gun.

I happen to own that very gun, I'm the 3rd owner after Keyser sold it.

I'll see if I've got his pics of the gun in either my files, or if they're still archived on one of our local forums.

One of the owners between him and me stripped the paint off and re-finished it, though I've still got some traces of that brown/tan paint in some corners of the body.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finaly has arrived:   WE M14 GBB in FPG stock (folding stock and grip are from Beretta BM59, modified to fit M14 stock). If my info is correct such M14 version was used by SEALs in 90s.   Sent

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I have bough another 2 secondhand WE M14s recently - total 7 now. To my delight, one of them has trademarked receiver (looking quite good) so without hesitation I have used it for my Nam M14.

9eb60b8cb9d9b3ca4daf703d447370b1.jpg

Also it seems newly installed ML Diamond rubber has set it and I can reach people above 100m again with 0,50 BBs and app.110-115m/s muzzle velocity.

And another project rifle

14af2d9bdc44e31ae01db3c5b8928919.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by vietnammarine

Couldn't find Keyzer's own pic, sorry, but this was what inspired him:

Wow. Thanks, man!

That's a really cool pic, too. I'm finishing a late 90's early 00's DCU load-out and this would go great with it.

Couldn't find Keyzer's own pic, sorry, but this was what inspired him:

Wow. Thanks, man!

That's a really cool pic, too. I'm finishing a late 90's early 00's DCU load-out and this would go great with it.

I had a lazy Sunday yesterday and decided to spraypaint my SOPMOD M14 base on that picture.

I painted the lower chasis brown and the rails sand/tan. I left the gun itself alone, since the charging handle and bolt/bolt cover do not move on the Star M14's, so paintig it would have been either a real PITA or sloppy. I think it's not necessary either. I'm very happy with the result, I've wanted to do this ever since I saw Keyser's gun.

I added rubber rail covers on the side rails, a tan grip-pod and a replica Trijicon Reflex.

Still need to paint the magazine in dark grey. I don't think I will weather the gun, as it's a wall hanger for me and I don't want to ruin the resale potential of a somewhat expensive but almost unknown gun.

Edited by chas

IhU6mDi.jpg

Added a rs buttplate, G&P trigger guard, rs top cover.

Got a G&P metal body I'm waiting to throw on as well as some gearbox parts.

Adding a Springfield Armory front sight, castle nut and M1A flashider soon.

Edited by judgeman

That starts to reminds me the look of modded M14 from ASAS/ NZSAS during the Vietnam war. 04df3fee121953a344c3fc2e3d9425da.jpg

Just cut down the barrel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's actually based off a photo from the eighties / early nineties. Also much thanks to Murdoc for making me the grip.

post-894-0-75344700-1496305870_thumb.jpg

Edited by judgeman

Bought myself a Springfield Armory front sight. Gonna spend the weekend doing my (least) favorite thing, you guessed it, cutting and filing dovetails.

Dremel + file + rage = *fruitcage* my life ÷ Hopes and dreams X I'm horrible at real math = maybe a pretty M14.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone got a Cyma M14 DMR?

I just received mine and was disassembling it for painting and I cannot get ti the battery compartment for the life of me.

I take out the screws which free the black platea used to adjunto stock length but the last one, which is different and id the last barrier un front id the battery compartment, just wont come out.

Because I only want to paint the stock and heatshield. Also, Im getting markings engraved, so the gun needs yo be disassebled either way.

This is my project:

ro0HWPm.jpg

I might paint it OD first, since I already bought a G&P Brown heatshield.

tKQ76PF.jpg

Edited by chas

Anyone got a Cyma M14 DMR?

I just received mine and was disassembling it for painting and I cannot get ti the battery compartment for the life of me.

I take out the screws which free the black platea used to adjunto stock length but the last one, which is different and id the last barrier un front id the battery compartment, just wont come out.

I am an idiot: turns out you open the battery compartment simply buy sliding and then pulling the whole stock end out.

• 2 months later...