M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finaly has arrived:   WE M14 GBB in FPG stock (folding stock and grip are from Beretta BM59, modified to fit M14 stock). If my info is correct such M14 version was used by SEALs in 90s.   Sent

Posted Images

I wish they would make an EBR kit for the G&G's...

Or do they?!

:unsure:

And for those of you who haven't seen the insides of both TM's and G&G's, they are not close enough (because of the motor angle) to work straight up, without heavy modification.

Aftermarket parts would be my sole reason to purchase a TM. There are no EBR kits for G&G or CA. Even that new DMR stock is only for TM. I'll post pics again this weekend once rest of my parts come in. And again when I get to give it a coat over with DuraCoat.

Last one is a size shot, the EBR isn't that much longer the an M4 or AK74U. And its not that heavy, but its unbalanced.

Yeah, that's kind of deceiving since pistol grip forward it's closer in length to an M16. You're right about the balance. Handguard battery definitely doesn't help. I want the G&P Mk14 Mod 1 kit but the price is too crazy for me.

Some more M14 goodness.

my god i need to do something about mine, its plain, and just aching for some costumization, i think that a paintjob will be best, something really really off the wall, like camo, but with some cool airbrushing or something on the buttstock, maybe a motto or something...by the way, where are those cheek rests that are laced on, blackhawk? how much?

damn. know anyone who has the sopmod m14? :D

im not really a fan of the ebr. not bad, but... meh

sopmod is far superior. im getting the new star one the day it comes out. my old version needs internals :(

and if i ever see a real one for sale...

-Joe

STAR SOPMOD do you think they will release it again? I dunno I know its in there road map but from a business stand point, I don't see the point of releasing a replica of a canceled product :(

Yeah, that's kind of deceiving since pistol grip forward it's closer in length to an M16. You're right about the balance. Handguard battery definitely doesn't help. I want the G&P Mk14 Mod 1 kit but the price is too crazy for me.

Depends. I never like the full stocks on the AR15s. On the CQB or M4 I put the stock at 3/4 position on the EBR its on the 2/3 notch. The total length doesn't feel much longer then a Standard M4.

TGS also makes a MOD 1 kit but its not the MK14 Chassis. But its cheaper.

Pics!

ebr9.jpg

ebr11.jpg

ebr12.jpg

ebr13.jpg

ebr14.jpg

ebr10.jpg

Last photo is size again, the CQB is set at 4th out of 6 on the stock and the EBR is set at 3rd on the stock out of 6. It maybe slightly shorter then a M16A2, a Hair longer then a M4A1. I'm starting to get the feeling the EBR looks better naked, rather then with lamps and lasers.

Edited by gun5h311
How is that King Arms scope mount? It seems it's only fixed by that little screw in the back.. is it stable enough to mount heavy optics?

it is only fixed by that little screw in the back. Loctight should hold up well but the scope rings should mount here and upfront where the RAS is.

but the version II fixes all that...

and i loved mine. god, i need it fixed... bad...

internals exploded when the inner barrel was shoved back through the hopup when i tripped on it

damn

need new internals (easy) and hopup (hard)

it is being worked on...

-Joe

http://www.starairsoft.com/coming/M14.htm

it says new gearbox. so It may have different internals then the first version. I like how it says "90% redesign & improved" does that mean they redesigned the actual SOPMOD to fit a gearbox? Hehe you gotta love engrish.

Trying out a smaller scope on the TM M14 DMR. I'm looking forward to trying out the new Tactical Tailor MAV this spring.

I've tried that setup last year.. I couldn't see my pouches because of the goggles. I had a hell of a time getting them back in and out of the pouches. I dumped those a HSGI universal 3 mag pouches.

Edited by gun5h311
I've tried that setup last year.. I couldn't see my pouches because of the goggles. I had a hell of a time getting them back in and out of the pouches. I dumped those a HSGI universal 3 mag pouches.

Gunshell,

You're right. The shingles are tight when new. But after they are used for a while, they loosen up and allow for quicker access. I've had two of the TT shingles on the front of my PC for a couple seasons now and once they loosen up they are a bit easier to use. Access is almost as quick as the BDS double stack pouches on my other rig. Some magpulls would probably help.

TBH, the mags are a bit harder to reach when they are higher up in a chest rig, so I am curious to see how this setup works in the field. I was looking for a setup that would carry a bunch of mags, allow for prone shooting, and not be quite as heavy/hot as a PC.

Nice EBR BTW. :)

As soon as I get the funds together I'm probably going to be doing a dual drop-leg platform set up. From what I can see it should hold somewhere around 8 mags with both drops fully loaded. This way I don't have to wear a PC, I'll have all the mags I need on the legs and anything else I need can go on my belt. (Will only be a radio and maybe an IR illuminator if I get NVGs).