M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finaly has arrived:   WE M14 GBB in FPG stock (folding stock and grip are from Beretta BM59, modified to fit M14 stock). If my info is correct such M14 version was used by SEALs in 90s.   Sent

Posted Images

I've just carried ageing and weathering work on my TM M14 fitted with a ProArms wood stock. Although it looked good, it just looked too new and perfect for my taste so I carried out a little work somewhat in line with Guiness's weathering guide.

Before

M14Wood1.jpg

TMM141.jpg

TMM14.jpg

After

DSCF4347.jpg

DSCF4349.jpg

Edited by Tarnish

Alright, so now I'm curious.

I've been looking into painting my m14, and run into a dilemma. Do I leave the gun complete and paint it or do I take the upper from the stock and paint only the stock? I want to get a dirty tan look (if that makes any sense), but I'm not quite sure as to how I should go about doing it. I read the OpTactical how-to, which took the gun apart and painted the upper and lower separate, but do I really need to do all that?

Thanks,

Spoon Man

Alright, so now I'm curious.

I've been looking into painting my m14, and run into a dilemma. Do I leave the gun complete and paint it or do I take the upper from the stock and paint only the stock? I want to get a dirty tan look (if that makes any sense), but I'm not quite sure as to how I should go about doing it. I read the OpTactical how-to, which took the gun apart and painted the upper and lower separate, but do I really need to do all that?

Thanks,

Spoon Man

I've never been a fan of painting the metal parts on M14 stocks and handguards so I've always taken them off (except the C clip that holds the heatshield to the barrel) I prefer the sleek look of black on greens and browns but thats a personal preference.

Picture of my baby finally!

IMG_1173.jpg

Parts list is scatered but will post on request.

Wow Tarnish, that looks great!

You've really aged it well.

Cheers Tom,

It has come out quite well, it's got that battle worn look to it now. If the wood work had been a darker shade to start with I would have probably left it but it was really quite pale. The varnish that was on it was really good stuff and took a lot of rubbing down to gbet the the wood beneath. The other plus is it now smells of linseed oil too which for reasons unknown I really like.

:)

holy hell, thats amazing. wow. parts breakdown maybe? cost?

i want

-Joe

Edited by masakarijoe

Hydre, that flash hider looks to be about like 5 inches.wow.

and the scope, wow.

and the stock....i want one...

such a beautiful gun

BigAl, i was looking at that gun and saying to myself, "Self, that looks pretty freakin sweet...but on the other had Self, if that were real steel....that would be like shooting a .50BMG 1911....but it sure looks cool!" and then i went to bed with myself, and slept with, myself, and when i woke up.i made myself a cup of english breakfast tea.to enjoy with my delicious oatmeal.

what i'm trying to say is...nice gun..and my oatmeal was goooood

Edited by Spencedaddy

kit list :

m14 socom marui

long barrel m14

ras VFC ( lthe best ras fort m14)

scope action m1

mount gp knight

bipod king arms

dmr stock

6.03 promotheus

ftk guarder sp120