M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finaly has arrived:   WE M14 GBB in FPG stock (folding stock and grip are from Beretta BM59, modified to fit M14 stock). If my info is correct such M14 version was used by SEALs in 90s.   Sent

Posted Images

Is there really any other differences between the m14 and the socom. Or is it just length?

In their real steel forms, yes. The "socom" is based upon Springfield Armory's SOCOM 16, a very pleasant rifle to shoot if you ask me. It's a shortened version of their M1A, with a muzzle brake designed for the shortened barrel length, and the scope base mounted smack dab in the middle of the upper hand guard. It's semi-automatic only as opposed to the M14, which is a fully automatic rifle.

In airsoft, there's really not much of a difference between the M14 and the SOC 16(TM's name for it). The barrel's shorter, it's got that muzzle break and scope mount, but performance isn't all that different in stock form (TM vs TM). It's a lot more manageable in the woods as it's a shorter rifle, and I think it should be seen more often out on the playing fields, instead of those Kart EBRs as it has a better balance and are cheaper in clone form, though not as "tacticool."

-Piano.

P.S. I still love my G&P EBR, don't get me wrong, it's just that my SOC16 is a lot more field friendly in the terrain where I play.

In their real steel forms, yes. The "socom" is based upon Springfield Armory's SOCOM 16, a very pleasant rifle to shoot if you ask me. It's a shortened version of their M1A, with a muzzle brake designed for the shortened barrel length, and the scope base mounted smack dab in the middle of the upper hand guard. It's semi-automatic only as opposed to the M14, which is a fully automatic rifle.

In airsoft, there's really not much of a difference between the M14 and the SOC 16(TM's name for it). The barrel's shorter, it's got that muzzle break and scope mount, but performance isn't all that different in stock form (TM vs TM). It's a lot more manageable in the woods as it's a shorter rifle, and I think it should be seen more often out on the playing fields, instead of those Kart EBRs as it has a better balance and are cheaper in clone form, though not as "tacticool."

-Piano.

P.S. I still love my G&P EBR, don't get me wrong, it's just that my SOC16 is a lot more field friendly in the terrain where I play.

At the end of Vietnam M14's were coming from the factory pre modified Semi Only, fyi :P The rest is entirely true, in the Real world the SOCOM II and SOCOM16's are slighly more inaccurate at extreme distances but when it comes down to it the SOCOM length makes up for it since it can be used easier in most environments. I personally don thave a problem with the M14 length but thats just me.

In airsoft, no difference what so ever performance wise. The CA M14 National Match and CA M14 SCOUT can use the same 509mm inner barrel and not have to worry about it poking out of the flash hider. Interesting to note is that a well tuned SOCOM16 + foam filled silencer can be very hard to distinguish where shots are coming from.

Scope for my rifle, yeah, thats goign to be a while =\ Waiting for an excuse/excess money to spend on a G&P M3 or M1 (depends on what I feel like :P)

I think that stock looks great period. It looks exceptional for being hand made. :) Was that cut out from a block of wood, or a stock modded to fit a Marui M14?

IIRC, in real life the Socom 16 also has a re-worked gas system because of the chopped-down barrel. In airsoft, the SOCOM also has those little checkered bits on the stock.

Edited by Chris North

Another Picture, this time in an M21 ish set up. Needs the proper scope but for now the cheapo leapers will have to do :)

M21ish.jpg

The stock really isnt that shiney in person camera's and light sources have a tendancy to do weird things to gun stocks. Some of my ultra flat painted guns have the weirdest shine.

Id rather just see their beauty rather then put the effort into clicking and then wait for the re-direction :P - Alas, you can't please them all :rolleyes:

EDIT: By the way.... Is that an Eagle Stock pouch?

nope, it's a condora ammo pouch/ cheek rest.

they have them at AEX

I give you permission to keep on sharing your pictures. It is a very nice rifle. Nice pictures with the box in the background!

DP

luvs2shoot - Which silencer is that? :)

it's a King Arms OPS Model 3rd MBS Silencer ( 230mm ).

i had to screw on an outer barrel for a full length M4 in order to get it to fit right

Thanks for all the generally positive comments guys! ;)

anyways, just so i don't get accused of pretty much taking up more space on these picture threads, i'll use LINKS instead.

i feel like sharing :rolleyes:

CLICK THEM

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t10/ush..._0101edited.jpg

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t10/ush..._0098edited.jpg

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t10/ush..._0110edited.jpg

:D

How is the rear scope ring attached to the gun? It looks like there is a small part between the iron sight and scope ring, but is it something you buy separately or did it come with the ras kit? Also is that ras cyma, because I might be getting one.

How is the rear scope ring attached to the gun? It looks like there is a small part between the iron sight and scope ring, but is it something you buy separately or did it come with the ras kit? Also is that ras cyma, because I might be getting one.

I also am dying to know this. It looks like its a replacement part, but I can't find it to buy anywhere. Any help you'd be willing to share is appreciated!

I can help with that. I asked the exact same question. There is a small part included with the RIS that attatches to that stripper clip rail thingy so that the front scope ring attaches to the RIS and the rear ring attaches to that stripper clip rail.

ya that little piece of rail on the back came with the RAS.

also, it's not a cyma. that's a King Arms M14 RAS.