M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finaly has arrived:   WE M14 GBB in FPG stock (folding stock and grip are from Beretta BM59, modified to fit M14 stock). If my info is correct such M14 version was used by SEALs in 90s.   Sent

Posted Images

Fellowz,

Do you see the small metal rod at the back of your bolt release catch?

Poke that out with something.. Keep the rod and the bolt release catch when it comes off, and don't lose the spring..

File off the little metal post next to the spring on the bolt release catch, and you have done it!

Put the bolt catch back in place, make sure the spring is in its little hole, press the catch down and slide the rod back throught the holes it came out of, and hey presto!

I can post pics of mine later this morning if you like..

Edited by tom lawson
Does anyone remember the first mass production airsoft M14? It was from Airsoftclub, had a plastic wood style stock and a metal receiver/barrel. Just full auto, a bad magazine release and terrible hop up and internals. But on photos it looked great

That brings me back, didn't ASC go out of business soon after its release? I remember there we're a lot of unhappy customers between their M14 and their L85A1.

Looking forward to your next video review btw :D

That brings me back, didn't ASC go out of business soon after its release? I remember there we're a lot of unhappy customers between their M14 and their L85A1.

Looking forward to your next video review btw :D

I hope they did :D A bunch of tip-ofs they were. I got a used and broken KTW L96 from then, which they sold as "brand new". And rumors say that most people who pre-ordered the M14 never got it.

Fellowz,

Do you see the small metal rod at the back of your bolt release catch?

Poke that out with something.. Keep the rod and the bolt release catch when it comes off, and don't lose the spring..

File off the little metal post next to the spring on the bolt release catch, and you have done it!

Put the bolt catch back in place, make sure the spring is in its little hole, press the catch down and slide the rod back throught the holes it came out of, and hey presto!

I can post pics of mine later this morning if you like..

done

cheers.

couldnt be more simple. haha

i dont have any problems taking appart my M4 or 1911 but when it comes to the M14 i keep all tools far away.

Edited by Fellowz

I know this has been asked before, but what defines an M21 as an M21? I see SOCOM length and normal length (which is referred to as "match", yes?) and everyone calls it a M21.

So if anyone can explain to me the definition I would forever be in your debt (and if it involves ballistics, please PM me, I don't want anything locked).

I know this has been asked before, but what defines an M21 as an M21? I see SOCOM length and normal length (which is referred to as "match", yes?) and everyone calls it a M21.

So if anyone can explain to me the definition I would forever be in your debt (and if it involves ballistics, please PM me, I don't want anything locked).

M21's are semi auto AFAIK

M21's are semi auto AFAIK

Arnt all M14's semi only (RS that is).

They were originally FA but had too much recoil so they were made SA only iirc.

I think the E2 was FA which is why it had a pistol grip and foregrip to try and make it more managable on FA

Arnt all M14's semi only (RS that is).

They were originally FA but had too much recoil so they were made SA only iirc.

I think the E2 was FA which is why it had a pistol grip and foregrip to try and make it more managable on FA

Yes and no. M14's were designed to be select fire. Real USGI M14s are VERY hard to get in North America, even in Class3 States.

I've seen receivers that were made so it can never be made select fire...the receiver has a pin hole in the back where the selector fits into; this is usually missing on M1A's. I'm using an ARMSCORP receiver, and the pin is there and can be made to fire full auto (I can try and post pics of my receiver if anyone cares). All USGI M14 receiver HAVE the pin hole for the selector, but it was filled with a selector lock either bolted or permanently welded onto it.

A match grade M14 with a scope on it, is a match grade M14 with a scope on it...not technically an M21. The M21 is based off of the M14NM...the only physical differences are the Artel scope, Artel scope mount, hooded rear sight, NM front sight, and the selector lock (all parts should have matching serial numbers). Otherwise, it looks very similar to an M14 with a scope on it. This is my replica of a modern USGI M21:

M14nm.jpg

I've been working on the correct scope mount for years...hopefully I'll get it done by the end of the summer. From my understanding the M21 is already being phased out (I know I have issues with maintaining my M1A...the way its bedded, I can't field strip it for maintenance without the help of an experienced gunsmith. I literally cannot take it apart and put it back together without help. I couldn't even mount the scope properly without help). I think the Marines are now using the M39-EMR to replace the M14-DMR.

Finally, I'm sorry I posted this photo a zillion times already, but I love this rifle a lot. M14E2 (basically E2 stock set, E2 sling set, USGI M2-Bipod, and Fulton E2 Stabilizer)

DSCF0006.jpg

Let me start by saying that that is a Beautiful M14 BaBa, you have good reason to to be proud of it.

I just wrapped my TM SCO 16 to server for a Spotters rifle for our team Snipers. Don't really have anything more to do so i figured id put up a pic and see if i could get some feedback. So what do you all think. Fire away :P

Photo7.jpg

Let me start by saying that that is a Beautiful M14 BaBa, you have good reason to to be proud of it.

I just wrapped my TM SCO 16 to server for a Spotters rifle for our team Snipers. Don't really have anything more to do so i figured id put up a pic and see if i could get some feedback. So what do you all think. Fire away :P

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z58/white9uy/Photo7.jpg[/img

Is the aimpoint in a comfortable position with the mount backwards like that? The scout mount has always seemed just a little bit too far for the looks of things, but what you did would help.