M14 Picture Thread

@Flolito - you can keep your G&G brown heatshield now as I have just got one for myself over here.

You're right its fairly crappy plastic, but I can't complain really as I did get it for free with my new long front set - which looks alot better than ugly SOCOM frontend, especially given I have a 'wood' stock. I suppose I should really have just gone for the sexy gloss-black all metal heatshield that I got offered for £15 (thats about $15... :P ) but alas I missed my chance and now all I can do is regret it for the rest of my life...

Anyway I will probably get pics up soon, before and after perhaps.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finaly has arrived:   WE M14 GBB in FPG stock (folding stock and grip are from Beretta BM59, modified to fit M14 stock). If my info is correct such M14 version was used by SEALs in 90s.   Sent

Posted Images

indeed i want to find one of those semi auto plugs for my M14 because in reality an M14 on full auto is impossible to control, its a marksman rifle and semi is my choice of fire on the field anyhow. but thats my personal opinion.

Really? Impossible to control?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgvnMhY6S6w

That guy says otherwise, and he's just a regular shooter...

The difference between control and accuracy are two different things. Full Auto serves one purpose in the military, cover fire... The M14's history was NEVER as a marksman rifle, it was a battle rifle, designed to replace the M1 Garand, and it did it's job well in Vietnam untill the M16 took it's place as the main assault rifle, THEN it became the M21 platform which was Semi Auto and accurized. M14's in Semi Auto where armorer's specials, the M21 really took the idea away from a battle rifle and moved it to the marksman role, but before that, always a battlerifle.

Beautifull M14's guys!

I just got my G&G M14 Veteran overhauled.

G&G M14 Vetearn, 383 FPS +/-2 FPS with AE .25's

Madbull 6.03 509mm Tightbore

Guarder Black Hop Up Rubber

Big Out White H Nub

SW-AB Long

11.1v 25c 2200 mAh LiPo

9 x G&G 78 round Standards

If the full auto M14 wasent good for our soldiers, then I doubt its any good really. Even if it is not hard to control, it would be inaccurate regardless, like you said. Stick to semi, and youll hit more with a long rifle.

indeed i want to find one of those semi auto plugs for my M14 because in reality an M14 on full auto is impossible to control, its a marksman rifle and semi is my choice of fire on the field anyhow. but thats my personal opinion.

I had a gun tech mod mine to be semi auto(KART EBR and GnG). Or do you mean some sort of plug like real semi M14s have?

After now owned a GnG Vertern I can see why most think the EBR is ugly. Love how the RAS its like old skool meet new skool. Quite a beautiful weapon. I think I'll keep mine stock for awhile as the Vet versions shoot high FPS and nicely out of box.

I prefer using my M14 like its ment to be used. A semi auto Marksmen rifle.

Edited by Mr Foxhound

Finally got my DMR to exhibit decent FPS/compression from the hop-up to nozzle, I think I must have put something like 8-9 hours of labor into that damned thing, at the very least.

G&P -_- Typical, even after I swap out EVERY G&P innarad except for the Gearbox. It would be typical that only G&P hop-ups seal correctly with a G&P gearbox :rocket:

Pics on the morrow. Just need to swap in a monster guarder SP150 to hit 450-470 (Yes, I know that is low, I am using sorbothane and a pakayama flatwall "phi" nozzle and as such I loose some FPS)

Edited by Vercingetorix

Your site lets you use guns that shoot that hot? Jeeze. At our site over 400 to 450 has to be semi auto. Anything over has to be bolt action. Some sites are pretty hardcore lol

Do the DMR kits make it heavier? My friend was thinking of getting one.

I know this is a picture thread, but I see no need for new topics when all the people who know about a certain guns gather in these threads.

Edited by Mr Foxhound

The DMR body itself isn't heavy, no. And 450+ requires a 100-150ft MED with FA disabled.

One thing I noted is that to me, the RAS and DMR kit together is UGLY!!!!! Its just WAAAY to wide at the front to be cosmetically pleasing.

Sorry for the no pics, I hate artificial lighting pictures.

Finally got my DMR to exhibit decent FPS/compression from the hop-up to nozzle, I think I must have put something like 8-9 hours of labor into that damned thing, at the very least.

G&P -_- Typical, even after I swap out EVERY G&P innarad except for the Gearbox. It would be typical that only G&P hop-ups seal correctly with a G&P gearbox :rocket:

Pics on the morrow. Just need to swap in a monster guarder SP150 to hit 450-470 (Yes, I know that is low, I am using sorbothane and a pakayama flatwall "phi" nozzle and as such I loose some FPS)

You know what though? Sometimes it's best to put that much effort into an AEG. It gives it a sense of individuality :) I love my M14, I have spent probably that many hours just refining the barrel + hop up combination to make my tack driver of an AEG. Now the gun will probably be MORE consistent being as I just added an AB MOSFET to it.

Oi, Full Auto was never and still is not meant to be as accurate as semi auto firing. Having full auto on an M14 is correct, having full auto on an M21 is not. You never hear a SAW gunner squeezing off a burst with a Leupold Mark 3 on the rail on his cover do you? Nope, it's for supression use only. The primary reason for switching the M14 from FA is to conserve ammo. Resupply in Vietnam was infrequent and it was never a guarentee you'd get resupply so conserving ammo was more important when you have the weight of the 7.62 round. The reason the 5.56 and the M16 where still FA was because it was so dang light that when they did drop off ammo they dropped off LOTS of it compared to the M14 (and the M60) Then there is that issue... the M60 used the same ammo. Which furthur shortened the supply up. It was never an issue of controllability or accurate full auto fire. ;)

And pray tell, what exactly were you tuning on the hop-up for that long? I am still an a"apprentice" airsmith, so every little tuning tip helps :P

More or less spending the time choosing the right barrel, hop up rubber and Big Out nub to use. It does take quite some time actually to get it set up. That and I factored in the hour I spent fixing the lock up issue and modding it to semi only. Ideally though you want 100% seal against the gearbox and between the barrel and hop up unit with the rubber. It takes some time to get 100% right :)

How do you check for this 100% seal? That was the biggest conundrum for me, checking the cylinder head to nozzle seal and nozzle to hop-up unit/bucking airseal.

The gun was more consistent FPS wise with a TM Hop-up unit in, but it was loosing FPS out the wazzooo. I suppose I should try it with the purple bucking now.... The TM bucking was *gasp* 2-3 mm short on the little hard rubber lip. WTF, even with the longer than normal pakayama nozzle....

Edited by Vercingetorix
How do you check for this 100% seal? That was the biggest conundrum for me, checking the cylinder head to nozzle seal and nozzle to hop-up unit/bucking airseal.

The gun was more consistent FPS wise with a TM Hop-up unit in, but it was loosing FPS out the wazzooo. I suppose I should try it with the purple bucking now.... The TM bucking was *gasp* 2-3 mm short on the little hard rubber lip. WTF, even with the longer than normal pakayama nozzle....

With the TM style unit's it's almost impossible to do a good solid check because of the design, the easist thing to do is plug the two holes in the Hop up unit and blow down the barrel (as quirky as that sounds) and check that way, then for the gearbox it's just a matter of whether or not it seals up right. You should be able to put it up against hte gearbox and plug the other hole then blow down the barrel again and see if it seals decently enough against hte mechbox shell. As a thought, if your gearbox is 100% as reliable and great sounding as it's going to get, and your hop up set up is pretty much how you want it, you could put some silicon sealent around the edge of the gearbox when the hop up unit is fully mated ( the easiest time to do that would be when the reciever is on but the little clip that covers the hop up unit isnt in) Put a little sealent and then let it set. That should remove any airleaks there.

As for between the airnozzle and the hop up rubber, no idea. The Prometheus hard hop up rubbers are a bit naff though (the red ones) never used the purple ones though, I've basically only used Guarder clear's and blacks and my SRC has a Systema (which is not nearly as consistent as the Guarder clear's I've used but w/e).

It's a lot of trial and error unfortunately :( The good news is the G&G design is so much easier to test and diagnose issues like this than the TM is!

Very nice!

My only complaint/suggestion is that I think the rail for the foregrip should be much shorter (only long enough to fit the grip). It's really only a personal preference (as is everything in airsoft :lol:).

I agree, but I really don't feel like butchering a GG&G Rail, and I haven't quite decided where I want the vertgrip. I also want a bobro shorty SACL vertgrip, but alas, I want a masada much more :P

I guess I will join in on the fun.

Gun is TM M14. Parts list upon request.

Pics were taken in my basement, at night, and a very old camera. Due to the lighting and camera, pics are not as good as I would like them to be...

But non the less, here they are.

I wanted to see what it would look like with some burlap around it, but was too lazy to finish the scope. Do you think it works?

03aad9aa.jpg

88ea4835.jpg

88ea4835.jpg

e83a911b.jpg

db3014e5.jpg

f839460a.jpg

2b151f11.jpg

4bd7b5fb.jpg

Edited by Vlado
If the full auto M14 wasent good for our soldiers, then I doubt its any good really. Even if it is not hard to control, it would be inaccurate regardless, like you said. Stick to semi, and youll hit more with a long rifle.

it was replaced by the m16 because the m14 was TOO good, it was too accurate and the american army needed something with a bit more of a spray, cue m16 with 5.56mm ammunition.