H&K Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ultimentra, no offense man, but please resize your pictures. It takes ages to load this page here. They're already low quality shots to begin with but do they really need to be that big?

@Rob15, that's an awesome SD. Looks great with the short mag. Are there any plans to create such a mount with a rail underneath (to attach a Surefire M600 for example) and make it commercially available?

Edited by j3T

If you're using Photobucket, they have an auto-resize tool when you upload the pictures online. I usually leave it at 800x600 :D

j3t, you mean a rail under the silencer, or handguard? G&G I think used to make a rail attachment of some sort for the silencer; they aso made the GARS RIS for the MP5SD.

Man sure does smell like elitest's in here. If you guys really don't want my pics up just because its not a VFC 416 decked out with accessories then I will remove them. But I hope you guys realize your being *rickrolls* right now. By being so picky about my pictures not being small, you force me to assume you are saying you don't even want to see them because they are pictures of a clone gun that doesn't exceed 300$ in cost. Just the vibe im getting here.

Edited by ultimentra

You posted really poor quality pictures of a bog-standard rifle with a standard ACOG sight on it at a much, much higher resolution than was necessary. The pictures could have been of a £1000+ AEG for all I can tell, I don't care...

Smaller pics have been pulled from picture threads by Mods, if I recall correctly.

You really need to take a deep breath and a step back. If you can't take some polite criticism without resorting to childish name-calling, then you may just be in the wrong place.

Generally it is best to post high quality photos without blur, otherwise people can't see the actual gun and it's just a bit daft really.

There, however, is no need for any comments such as "and a subject that run-of-the-mill, I wouldn't have bothered posting if I were you.", Hedganian. Next time I would prefer it if you would not bother posting. It has also been explained to you in the past that high resolution images are not against the rules.

ultimentra: If you find a post offensive, don't start swearing. Report it.

Now, back on topic.

For the record, I was not commenting on the brand of the rifle, I actually quite like it with the G36 flashhider on it. And I am aware that the pictures get resized, but imageshack is just too slow when loading such high resolution files. It should have been common sense to use the resizing option that imageshack offers.

@ aznriptide859, I've seen the G&G items but Rob15's mount looks really sleek. It'd be great if it had a 2 or 3 slots ris rail instead of the part that holds the flashlight so it could hold railmounted flashlights like Surefire M600's and whatnot.

To keep it on-topic, an old picture of mine. Sorry for starting the picture-quality debate.

Universal_Selbstlade_Pistole_by_j3Tized.jpg

j3T - I don't agree there, I don't think every rifle needs RIS rails to make it look better...

That's not what I said. What I meant is to change the ring that now holds the flashlight with a small rail, about 2 or 3 slots long. It'd be near invisble once a rail-mounted flashlight is attached. You know, keep the rest of the mount that's around the suppressor, just change the way flashlights are attached.

Part list on that SD please!

Specifically the flashlight mount.

The SD is a standard ICS SD3 externally, internally it has had a few modifications and upgrades to make it quieter, optics wise I've just got a standard G&P Aimpoint rep with a low rail and a Surefire 6P classic with a rep tip-off filter, the mount is one of my own designs/products which is why they won't have been seen anywhere else before.

Rob - Can that mount be adjusted for any taclight or is it specific for yours?

Can I put in an order for one for my G3SBS?

The mount is setup to take standard 25mm/1" diameter body taclights, Surefire 6P/9Ps will fit happily and most other standard sized taclights will fit as well, although some where the body is out of spec will need a thin shim or two (which will be provided with the mounts) to space them out enough for it to clamp properly.

The silencer ring is similar, all airsoft silencers seem to be out of spec somewhat to what they should be so the ring has been made to fit the larger ones and then use thin shims to reduce it down for any that are closer to the size they should be as needed, basically a case of trying to make them so that they fit the mount amount of MP5 SDs as possible without straying too far from my original design. I've got to get a few things sorted and finalised this week and then borrow a photo studio this weekend for proper pictures but I'm planning on getting them on sale on the 1st Feb, I'll probably post a thread up in the news section with the full spec then.

@Rob15, that's an awesome SD. Looks great with the short mag. Are there any plans to create such a mount with a rail underneath (to attach a Surefire M600 for example) and make it commercially available?

Maybe, maybe not. It is too early in the day to say wether that will happen although it is a possibility in the future to alter the design slightly and replace the ring with short a milspec 20mm rail section.