H&K Picture Thread

Newly arrived over the weekend, my Full metal JG H&K 416. I used it for about 4 hours on Sunday and im very impressed to be honest. And i was very surprised to find a pre-wired MOSFET in the stock as well : ) i know a lot of people on here prefer the D boys 416 offering but i honestly cant find a fault with this gun (apart from the fact that the battery that comes with it is absolute ###### lol)

DSCF1175.jpg

DSCF1176.jpg

Dickens

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newly arrived over the weekend, my Full metal JG H&K 416. I used it for about 4 hours on Sunday and im very impressed to be honest. And i was very surprised to find a pre-wired MOSFET in the stock as well : ) i know a lot of people on here prefer the D boys 416 offering but i honestly cant find a fault with this gun (apart from the fact that the battery that comes with it is absolute ###### lol)

Dickens

Well, they're very nice internally, and nice externally - If you don't mind that it's not really an HK416. The receiver is wrong, the rail is wrong. The stock is wrong. It's very HK416-ish, but not 100% there.

Here's my DBOYS HK416. Gorgeous externals (though the grey receiver is a bit odd) but horrendous internals. Luckily, I'm great with internals, so now it does 328fps exactly, hits a man-sized target at 30m every time and does 22rps on an 8.4v mini thanks to a home-built mosfet.

3559569935_33a9439e54_o.jpg

3561072766_d053a63899_o.jpg

I have a 14.5" barrel setup too, but I was testing the 10" this time round.

Edited by DarkLite
hi, does anyone know the fps for the jg full metal hk416 please?

thanks

Around 380-400fps. This really isn't the place to ask though, this is just a picture thread for H&K weapons.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c207/Wac...3a9439e54_o.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c207/Wac...053a63899_o.jpg

I have a 14.5" barrel setup too, but I was testing the 10" this time round.

There's a 416 buried under there?!?! Grrrr I'm making a stand with my 416, no M4-ish parts....

I have to agree DarkLite, the body aint 100% there. But for me im not totally bothered, it looks like a H&K 416 so im happy lol

And to Christoff hitler, i chrono'd mine on the weekend and it consistantly came in between 410-415 fps (little bit hot)

Dickens

There's a 416 buried under there?!?! Grrrr I'm making a stand with my 416, no M4-ish parts....

Is the point of en H&K 416 not to replicate the ergonomics of an AR style weapon platform ? The real H&K has a standard stock tube for a reason! And it used regular rails for the purpose of being able to fit standard accessories already on the market.

I understand that I just think burying a 416 under tons of parts more commonly associated with other M-type derivites defeats the purpose. It would be like paying a shoot ton money for a Lincenced Colt Bodied, RIS M4A1, and putting an HK416's barrel sight on it.

I understand that I just think burying a 416 under tons of parts more commonly associated with other M-type derivites defeats the purpose. It would be like paying a shoot ton money for a Lincenced Colt Bodied, RIS M4A1, and putting an HK416's barrel sight on it.

The HK416 is designed to be compatible with many armalite accessories for a very good reason. I set my 416 up for me. It is my rifle. I will be using it. I will make it easier, more comfortable and more effective for myself when I use it. This is how it is done.

The HK416 is designed to be compatible with many armalite accessories for a very good reason. I set my 416 up for me. It is my rifle. I will be using it. I will make it easier, more comfortable and more effective for myself when I use it. This is how it is done.

I very much agree with this.

If HK wanted it to be "individualized", they wouldn't have based the rifle on the Armalite system.

US mil considers new weapons on their technical and practical merits aka their perfomance, they wouldn't care if the 416 was like the M4/M16 or not. Just like when they adopted the M16 over the M14, very different. Made sense for HK to base off proven system and then improve on it though doesn't it? Civi's like a familiar system however -when HK made the 416 they knew that a civi version would be made- so perhaps there is some incentive there. Until the MR series are out we won't know whether the merks, in general, like 'em anyway.

Edited by Kenworth W900
US mil considers new weapons on their technical and practical merits aka their perfomance, they wouldn't care if the 416 was like the M4/M16 or not. Just like when they adopted the M16 over the M14, very different. Made sense for HK to base off proven system and then improve on it though doesn't it? Civi's like a familiar system however -when HK made the 416 they knew that a civi version would be made- so perhaps there is some incentive there. Until the MR series are out we won't know whether the merks, in general, like 'em anyway.

true about Mil not caring about looks, i mean check out the XM8 lol, but I'm still fumed Hk is making it with proprietary lowers <_<

It wasn't tailor made to suit any nationality, it was tailor made to suit a soldier.

In fact the opposite is true, they took an American weapon and 'Europeanised' it, in a fine HK sorta way, e.g. darker finish, more curvacious, more reliable, more expensive.

But I think its fair to say that HK knew what they were doing when basing it off the Armalite system. They aren't idiots, they can see that America, one of the largest weapons trading markets (especially in high priced weapons) in the world is gonna like the look of a familiar/proven all-American system but with a sleek modern European finish and all the extra practicality/reliability that comes with European design. Afterall, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and the Americans are sure proud of their weapon designing capabilities.

EDIT: Sorry, should add, this is just my two pennys regarding the situation.

Edited by Kenworth W900

I thought it was common knowledge that the 416 was based on the AR system - an American system - after their "success" with the SA80 upgrade program H&K decided to do the same thing with the American M4/M16 series and thus was born the HK416/417.

The fact that the US Armed Forces aren't buying many is probably down to the fact that they didn't actually contract H&K to make them in the first place, and they're not that much better than the Armashites they already own.

Aye, and even if they are recognisably better, its still gonna take more than that to justify replacing the entire US militarys' M4/M16s, especially since the HK is more expensive.

And the fact that not everyone in the military even has an M4 yet. 90% of us didnt have M4's till this year. I was one of the few cadets that was issued and M4 (and I mean an M4, not M4A1) so the idea of getting another update in the near future really isn't in the cards lol. To bad, I would love a 416 for realz....