AK & Variants Picture Thread

Because I have just received official word that modified versions of the ICS receiver and stock are being used in REAL AK74's and AKS's. The funiture is made to the exact same specs as the ones supplied on the decomisioned unit ICS was given to make this replica.

Sorry, I'm gonna call ###### on that. I have real AK parts pass through my hands every week from every manufacturer in the United States, including Krebs and ORF's custom work. I have yet to see anything match the stuff ICS is slapping on their new stuff. The AK74M stock - MAYBE. The pistol grip? Decidedly not. The wood? Definitely not. That's not even a Chinese pattern, maybe a North Korean pattern... But even then... I feel sorry for whichever 'real manufacturer' decides to use the parts.

Edited by PlasticMag
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well guys i hate to break the news to you but the stock, receiver and front furniture are going to be the one of the best on the market for AK74's.

Why?

Because I have just received official word that modified versions of the ICS receiver and stock are being used in REAL AK74's and AKS's. The funiture is made to the exact same specs as the ones supplied on the decomisioned unit ICS was given to make this replica.

Currently the information regarding which real arms manufacturers are now using these sets is confidential but I can say that ICS carry the licencing for a reason.

More information on this should be released durring or after the shot show.

######s. The ICS recievers aren't the right size, the stock perhaps, but the front end is ridiculously out of proportion and looks horrid.

I dont know if its just me but ICS seem to get very good publicity from the mods on this forum and from my experience ICS just doesnt cut it, especially when it comes to aesthetics of the weapons, maybe arnies get paid for every time ICS is said...

Edited by Sammyc

To the best of my knowledge arnies(both as a website and as individual moderators) has received no payment, comps or discount outside the review samples and information which Fareast receives. Feel free to continue any discussion along that line in the news thread on ICS real steel parts, but in here a little less conversation a little more pictures please.

Cazboab is correct.

The reason why I mention certain manufacturers alot is due to the way the news editing is done, certain members of the news team are direct contacts with the manufacturers who then post news, reviews and info directly on to the forums (It prevents duplicate posts and stops certain manufacturers getting multiple hits from contacts).

I basically place up exactly what I am told by those manufacturers errors and all.

I have no affiliation of finacial benifits with any of the companies that I work with and soetimes I'm even out of pocket on certain reviews as I have to either pay for them, pay postage/tax and also on some occassions return the sample, again out of my own pocket.

Basically us moderators/staff writters and news editors do it for the benifit of the forums, even if it is out of our own expenses. (Its one of the reasons why Arnies takes donations :D )

Well guys i hate to break the news to you but the stock, receiver and front furniture are going to be the one of the best on the market for AK74's.

Why?

Currently the information regarding which real arms manufacturers are now using these sets is confidential but I can say that ICS carry the licencing for a reason.

More information on this should be released durring or after the shot show.

It still looks *suitcasey*.

Do anyone know if/where you can buy this handguard?

th_68533_RomAK74_122_252lo.jpg

edit:

It looks like you could put together an ordinary 74 pistolgrip with the East German handguards, somehow... and then just paint it a bit redder to get a fairly correct one, right? in case you can´t buy it.

Edited by kaptenn

Hm, allright. Too bad. I reckon they would be pretty easy to make though, if you´re that kind of person.

Looks like all you need is East German or Romanian bakelite handguards and a RS 74 pistolgrip and put those togeheter in uhm, a good way. It wouldn´t look exactly like the romanian one but close enough to me.

Edited by kaptenn

Might not be exactly what you are looking for, but the finnish gear retailer www.varusteleka.fi has som MPi-K furniture and foregrips, as well as a folding stock. Not exactly mint condition and fairly pricey as well.

Direct links:

http://www.varusteleka.fi/~WxDKx0000001/?Y...Y104=nva-mpikhs

http://www.varusteleka.fi/~WxDKx0000001/?Y...Y104=nva-mpiktp

http://www.varusteleka.fi/~WxDKx0000001/?Y...=nva-mpikststze

I'd buy them for my up and coming AK project but I don't have the money right now.. curses..