AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wood keeps making my plum feel inferior :(

I want a full stock already! Is dboys actually planning on releasing the full stock or jsut vanished all of a sudden? Anyone herd anything? (and it appears RSOV has run out of all there AKSes)

Anyway my beauty

741.jpg

742.jpg

Then again, Anybody interested in swapping there full stock AK74 for my AKS74?

Edited by Fin
It comes with the G&P Tacticool conversion kit it is the only grip that fits the reciver, so you have to by the reciver with the grip already on it.

Not completely true on the pistol grip fitting, I've got an Element AK74 pistol grip on my 47S which uses the same metal body and side folder.

I do have the FN style pistol grip going spare if you're interested, michaelmike.

Its kind of...Galil-ish...in a good way, I like it.

My AK family expanded...and pictures like this make me regret buying my recent M4 (may end up getting sold before I ever use the damn thing!)

IMG_0412.jpg

And lets introduce em real quick...

IMG_0415.jpg

The Chinese stunt-double for a real AKM at some point in the future...the new kid on the block with a lot to prove.

IMG_0416.jpg

The other Chinese stunt double...he's going to be used and abused like a hooker (loaner-gun!)

IMG_0417.jpg

The prom queen...380 fps VFC AK-74...gorgeous...almost too gorgeous to play with.

IMG_0418.jpg

The squeaky, rattly-plastic...poorly converted TM AK-47...turned AK-74 (sort of). Still my gun of choice for any engagement, poor fitting CA dyed furniture, and duct-taped barrel be damned. The 4 year service of this rifle, included numerous drops, and running barrel first into earth up to the gas-tube cant stop it...lethally accurate at distance...the "old sarge" of the bunch, which will likely out-live all the others here pictured.

Its kind of...Galil-ish...in a good way, I like it.

That's the look I was aiming for :D wanted something with a little GALIL, but as most AK-lovers want GALIL's, rather than blow my money on an inokatsu kit, I thought I'd do something a bit unique, although at first I just wanted a full metal Spetz with one of those cool foldy stocks...(Originally this never had the M249 outer barrel or the wood grips - they're so hard to find IMO)

Your collection is quite something! I like the way the battered TM convert is the work horse, with the brand new Kalash (I assume I'm right) in full metal glory being the loaner! The TM does look pretty good though, it's had the right amount of abuse-love to make it into a true AK!

:blink:

Too bad that they shipped you an akm upper instead of an 74 upper.

But nice Ak :P

Its actually a pretty correct upper, the older ak74's had scalloped akm uppers, its was only after the early 80's that they changed to the non scalloped ones and those are extremely rare now. I really like the way it turned out so far though. Ive got a total of $280 in it and it looks just as nice as a vfc and shoots at 420fps out the box.

That's the look I was aiming for :D wanted something with a little GALIL, but as most AK-lovers want GALIL's, rather than blow my money on an inokatsu kit, I thought I'd do something a bit unique, although at first I just wanted a full metal Spetz with one of those cool foldy stocks...(Originally this never had the M249 outer barrel or the wood grips - they're so hard to find IMO)

Your collection is quite something! I like the way the battered TM convert is the work horse, with the brand new Kalash (I assume I'm right) in full metal glory being the loaner! The TM does look pretty good though, it's had the right amount of abuse-love to make it into a true AK!

Both of the Chinese models are Cyma...pretty impressed so far. I'm an AK lover- but not one who knows every single bolt, line, crease, etc. So they pass fine...the AKM will get real wood sometime soon. <_<

ps: Yeah the TM is astounding.

Its actually a pretty correct upper, the older ak74's had scalloped akm uppers, its was only after the early 80's that they changed to the non scalloped ones and those are extremely rare now. I really like the way it turned out so far though. Ive got a total of $280 in it and it looks just as nice as a vfc and shoots at 420fps out the box.

mmhhh okay :D

Anyways, the gun looks very good :P , I've two Kalash Aks-74N's myself, both with RS russian hand guards (one wood, one with plum), I should take some pictures... .

Shroom, what foregrip is that? I really like it.

Got em from k-var but I dyed a little darker to look a little more plum then maroon.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?prod...=296&page=2

Any one know where to find a guarder or inokastu pistol grip that takes money orders? I need a brown or plum one. Actually what I really want is one of those VFC AIMS Ice Cream looking pistol grips. If anyone has one they want to sell let me know PLEASE pretty PLease.

Edited by Shroomalistic