AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really not proud of this....but I could have spent about $150, and replaced my receiver, and had the exact same as I did before, and then run the risk of having it break again, or I could have spent $150 and gotten this...

(Warning: It's a tacticool AK!!!)

Sorry for the crappy quality, it was kind of at an awkward angle, and I'm just not that great at photography.

picture003xd1.jpg

^This^ is most likely how I am going to use it, but here are some minor variations......

picture002zx6.jpg

picture001yi6.jpg

And here is a pic from the back. You can't really see where I dremeled the bolt cover, but that's how I got the wires through.

picture004qt8.jpg

Right now you can see the connectors, but I will probably wrap them in electrical tape or something, so they don't stick out so much. The wiring goes under the bolt cover. I had to cut the previous connector off, then splice in some more wiring. I really didn't picture this when I bought the gun, but I didn't feel like buying a whole new receiver just for the two tangs to break again, and I kinda like it wihtout the stock.

Why didn't you just wire it through the front handgrip?

I'm not sure what you mean, but I would have had to have lead it from the back anyways. There was no way to get the wiring out of the front of the gearbox, and if I put it through the handguard, then would I bring it back around to the back of the PEQ box? or you want me to put the PEQ on backwards?

Pozzie,

If you want your AKMS to turn out nice and your going to still use that front end for your AKMS, might I suggest the following.

For your FSB [Front Sight Block] you need to cut it at an angle, REALLY close to 90 but make it as slanted as possible. you should be able to just saw and do it then bondo it up with plastic or something to cover it on the back. If done right, it will make you AK FSB slimmer and give it the true look.

Then for you Gas Block you can just use a file and cut it from a vertical one opposite it's 45 slant, to a 45 slant one just by filing.

Then you should also bondo up the holes in the gas tube for the non vented type.

Hope your project goes well!