AK & Variants Picture Thread

Mightyjebus what a coincidence, I have a Ak104 (g&g...) sitting and waiting for me, and waiting to be paired up with my RS PSO-1 just like in the first picture (apart from the skeleton stock). I will, however, be using MAG waffle-type midcaps as I can't stand the original steel mags. But i might get five MAG bakelite-AKM type 7.62 mags and spray them black/plum to simulate the later polymer 7.62 mags (that MAG doesnt make for some odd reason). What say you AK-lovers?

Stay tuned for pictures around easter :P

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're going for out-of-the-box play and built, then VFC hands down. But if you're going for realism, I think most of us would lean toward RMW. . . or did you want to hear that from someone more.... qualified?

i wouldn't say you need to be qualified on the topic more just have an opinion on it :D

If you're going for out-of-the-box play and built, then VFC hands down. But if you're going for realism, I think most of us would lean toward RMW.

errm, you realise that VFC is more realistic right? same thickness steel ont he reciever, full takedown and a pinned construction. sure none of it really matters but it's more realistic .

my point being for the same money as a RMW you could by a more realistic VFC that will work out of the box. i wasnt nececarrily saying Dboys was better than RMW, but if you cant afford a VFC, you cant afford a RMW... in which case Dboys would be the next choice IMO.

and for the record whoever mentioned the rail on the AK-9, as a purist i dont have a problem with it. one rail on the underside is perfectly understandable and actually looks alright. its when the gun is plastered with the damn things that we purists cringe.

anyhoo, i think the VFC Vs RMW debate is cleared up now, should we get back on the topic? :)

errm, you realise that VFC is more realistic right? same thickness steel ont he reciever, full takedown and a pinned construction. sure none of it really matters but it's more realistic .

You missed correct markings ;)

except i have a feeling thats VFC. looks to have the VFC late AIMS model stock release button.

just noticed that, and saw the correct markings on receiver. wow, VFC AIMS with real wood looks great..

oh and i think the pushbutton type stock is romanian and the lever type is east german? or maybe you are right about late aims model or w/e. not sure, im not really an ak expert -_-

Edited by 0nslaught
just noticed that, and saw the correct markings on receiver. wow, VFC AIMS with real wood looks great..

oh and i think the pushbutton type stock is romanian and the lever type is east german? or maybe you are right about late aims model or w/e. not sure, im not really an ak expert -_-

E. German stocks are straiter on the triangle, romanians have the little dip in the triangle. they both make em though. internally they are different too.

puding, if you dont mind, may you take a picture of the VFC AIMS with the real steal upper handguard? thanks smile.gif great ak's btw

The real steel upper handguard i received was rather low quality and does not match very will with the lower. Will fit it tonight and post some pics for you.

88717210001tq8.jpg

Tryed to take some nicer pictures but my brain not in the game today and rather impatient for this kinda thing.

88717240001ad1.jpg

88717270001ek1.jpg

88717360001aw3.jpg

Edited by Puding

Finally finished my Realsteel romanian stock on my AKM, fits tight and nice^^

The handguards were just temp since i didint wanna bring a nice set to the workshop, im gonna change the lower handguard into a RS Maadi egyptian and the upper handguard into a Ultimak, will post pix of that later...

dsc0120iq7.jpg