AK & Variants Picture Thread

Does anyone have any good sources for wood grips for the AKS-74U?

http://www.k-var.com/shop/home.php

A question to AK fans: How do you give the mags that bakelite/worn look? I have one that came with my Unicorn and I want to get rid of that horrible flat orange color, but make it realistic. Help please?

Edited by Kraut
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A question to AK fans: How do you give the mags that bakelite/worn look? I have one that came with my Unicorn and I want to get rid of that horrible flat orange color, but make it realistic. Help please?

get a deep red varnish and a knackered brush and then paint down the mag in an uneven wavy (but still vertical) pattern. make sure the brush lines/marks are very visible. its hard to explain, but if you find a RS bakelite you should be able to see what i mean.

and cleaner... i dont really see how something based on an AR15 belongs in an AK thread, regardless of the ammunition it is chambered for. you dont see pics of G3s in the M14 thread, they both use 7.62 NATO but are completely different.

and cleaner... i dont really see how something based on an AR15 belongs in an AK thread, regardless of the ammunition it is chambered for. you dont see pics of G3s in the M14 thread, they both use 7.62 NATO but are completely different.

Getting a bit touchy there aren't we really, can't we let him off this one time at least he didn't just post a pic of an M4.

BTW, nice gun cleaner that silencer is nice with the silver detail, and I can't say i've seen an SR74 before, well done.

not just the caliber. . the SR47 was designed to use AK mags that were dropped or left by the baddis . .otherwise, the SR would be closer to an SR25/AR10..it's hardly a modifed AR. . it was designed from the ground up as it's impossible to modify a std AR/M4 lower to fit an AK mag

not just the caliber. . the SR47 was designed to use AK mags that were dropped or left by the baddis . .otherwise, the SR would be closer to an SR25/AR10..it's hardly a modifed AR. . it was designed from the ground up as it's impossible to modify a std AR/M4 lower to fit an AK mag

It's still not an AK variant, in future post it in the Armalite thread.

Edited by Hoppum
The Cleaner if its a sr 47 you should use ak47 mags not ak74 mags since they dont have the same caliber, same for u 74SU wrong mag there you can put the mag u used in the sr47 :P

Cool SR47 btw :)

doh. . you're right. .those are AK74 mags . I'll have to put my TM Steels or my Star Bakelites on

Recieved a Dboys in the mail today, I was very surprised to see that the Romanian wood was a very easy drop in. Very easy sanding, all of 2 minutes.

Sorry for the bad picture(s), Im at work during all the sunlight and my camera doesn't behave well with flash:

aks741.jpg

aks742.jpg

I've also got the scalloped upper, just doesn't look quite right on an AKS74 in my opinion. That's being saved for my shot at the AIMS.

A few shots of the PSL for those of you who have PMd me:

pslnew1.jpg

pslnew2.jpg

allaks.jpg

Someday my friends, someday I'll take some pictures with the propper lighting.

get a deep red varnish and a knackered brush and then paint down the mag in an uneven wavy (but still vertical) pattern. make sure the brush lines/marks are very visible. its hard to explain, but if you find a RS bakelite you should be able to see what i mean.

+12 Internet Cookies for that. Thanks!

This night, I was looking on the "news" and saw a weird AK in the hands of Mr. Usama bin Laden. It had an AKS74 stock but an AKM flashhider and a bakelite 7.62 magazine. Didn´t see if it had any of the other characteristics of an AKM.

Do anyone know.. something about this?