AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been converted, i like AK's now, and after abusing a team members AK to have an Eotech bolted directly to the fore grip i know i am not welcome in the Ak community. but still ill ask nicely, how to the folding stocks on the AK47s handle, not too wobbly i hope :)

love K

I like it, how much did the scope set you back?

101USD + shipping from the States, so a tad more than necessary perhaps but nevermind :P Still have got to figure out how to get the scope illumination working, got a 2L76 3V lithium battery that supposedly should work but haven got it to work yet...

Finally I can join the AK-owners club here on arnies :P

G&G AK104 & RS PSO-1 4x24mm

MAG Midcaps

*SNIP*

Granted not nearly as nice as some others on the forums but I think it's a decent first attempt :P

Slap on a GP-30 and you'd have an AK Solid Snake would be proud to use! :D

mgs4_ak.JPG

I still love my Dboys, but after comparing my newest I noticed the finish on the receiver was much more dull than the AKSU. Has anybody else noticed this?

twoaks.jpg

Finally home during some daylight, so I snapped a few on the couch while I could. Again that is Romanian RS wood, not the stock Dboys wood.

akoptions.jpg

aks74psop.jpg

akskobra.jpg

I still love my Dboys, but after comparing my newest I noticed the finish on the receiver was much more dull than the AKSU. Has anybody else noticed this?

yep its called 'giving your customers what they want even though they dont know their *albartroth* from their elbow' :D

yep its called 'giving your customers what they want even though they dont know their *albartroth* from their elbow' :D

######. My rk02 is arriving in 2 days and the only main reason I bought it over the CYMA was because of the lacquery color like this one:

1-2.jpg

(posted earlier by someone else)

the new dboys have a matte finish. It definitely makes it more toy like. I have one of the newer ones also with the wood handguards.

Come on, if everyone is so *fruitcage* unpleased with the finish just shoe polish the hell out of it, or better yet, steel wool the hell out of it. Or both. I used a brand new shoe shiner on my AKS74N at first and it went pitch black and really shiny. But then I got tired of that and used steel wool instead.

Now the finish reminds a lot of VFC´s finish, kinda greyish and shiny, allmost all of that spray painted look (which is realistic) disapeared.

Thank you guys, I expected only flames, but eh... if you like it, so far so good :)

The grip is not a King Arms one (I don't like it). It's the G&P one's. But it didn't fit without modifing the motor cage... nothing that a Dremel can't handle :) I had to file, say, 2mm of metal at the back of the motor cage. Metal body is RMW, best metal body ever for AK's ! :P

The front part is from a Gunner custom AK that is beeing modified for a friend of mine (King Arms metal frontset has been installed yesterday in order to use long stick batteries, RMW steel body and RMW AK74 plum grip will be installed this week and wood will be refinished next week-end).

I will show you the gun when it's finished ;)

Edited by lovecraft25