AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you guys think about the MAG Ak-74 long type mags? I was about to order some of the regular ones, but just found out that MAG made these. They don't look too much bigger than regular ones, just enough to be a little different and look cool. I dont like Ak accessories, but these look like something I could use for a little bit of external difference. Has anyone had any problems with them feeding, or them being too cumbersome in vests? They didnt appear very much bigger than regular ones to me, but anyones opinion is appreciated, thanks!

mag_ak74_140rd_bakelite_2_mark.jpg

^^The big one is what I'm looking at, in comparison with a regular size mag.

Edit- Also if anyone can provide pictures of a full size Ak-74 with one of these mags that would be awesome.

Edited by BentleyCntlGT
They didnt appear very much bigger than regular ones to me, but anyones opinion is appreciated, thanks!

they are a fair bit longer, nearly half as long again i think. that isnt the best comparison photo as the curve of the mags can make mags look shorter than they are.

edit: good pic here of MAG 45 rounder in an AKSU here

Edited by my_plague_666

Did you do that before I posted mines or after? In other words was I actually an inspiration for once? :unsure:

But yea looks nice. The left side between the 0,5, and 1 still needs a little good ol' thumb rubbing IMO. :D

Edited by Revenge Seeker
Did you do that before I posted mines or after? In other words was I actually an inspiration for once? :unsure:

But yea looks nice. The left side between the 0,5, and 1 still needs a little good ol' thumb rubbing IMO. :D

After, been thinking of doing something like it for a time but didn´t really knew how and when I saw your "guide" I thought "Of course!".

thanks. Left side? I don´t know if that´s paint or just bare metal, the surface is pretty worned.

Of some reason it was much harder to paint the details on the rear sight... and now it´s almost completely white because of all the bare metal. I kinda regret I was so harsh against my `RK03´. I´ll soak a q-tip (TOPS, in swedish) with thinner and take care of the rest.

Edited by kaptenn
Jesus Grim, your Ak's are so sweet. There so original, and the wood always looks so nice. I'm a new Ak owner...but hopefully I can get the CA RPK when it comes out.

Save up the little bit of extra cash and get the RMW version. Much closer to the real thing then the CA is.

CA

2395584664_b811040a93.jpg

RMW

RMWP-11.jpg

Edited by Shroomalistic

I think some said before in this thread, the earlier rpks had the dimpels. around the early 1970's was when they removed them.

Heres a quote from Ting

"Looks great, right?

Some of my friends question me about the receiver. The receiver is now having the re-enforced part, but how come it still has the dimples? Well... at first I have the same problem and I did some research on it. The Poland RPK has the dimples, however, as a Russian freak, Poland AK is nothing to me. Finally, thanks Stottman photos.

Resizeofrpk-5.jpg

Resizeofrpk-6.jpg

The early style RPK receiver from Molot has the dimples together with the re-enforced receiver. It solves the question and I can conclude that this early version RPK really exists but not a product to fooling people around. Hope you guys like it."

Edited by Shroomalistic