AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I forgot to mention. I picked up a Dboys AKS74U to go with my AKs74. Somehow the stock locking mechanism broke. Now it can't lock open. Very irritated as it happened while sitting in my car somehow. Anyways, looking about putting the Ino 74 stock onto it as a fix. Would this be a travesty? I'm loving the idea of a huge 9.6v in this little gun. If all goes well I may have a fun little medic gun.

try this.

http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/produ...products_id=687

G&P metal AK kits are the most common nowadays and are a great buy. . but I've owned the ZEKE, Prime, Guarder, VFC and DTP ones and those are great. . avoid the G&G and CA one. ..unless you can get the Steel stamped CA one. .

I've owned the Guarder wood kits and I've never had a complaint. . .don't know about King Arms or anyone else's wood kits. .

If you contact my buddy Matt Shuster of Ironwood Designs (in San Jose, CA)

http://www.ironwooddesigns.com/

he's one of the few that supplies one of the best quality of wood furniture of real steel AKs/FN FAL in the US. AWESOME quality!!!! He supposively teamed up with Airsoft Extreme to manufacture AK wood kits for Marui/clones AEGs. . no idea what happened to that. . I saw the prototype wood kit and it was awesome!!!

Matt also does Ruger 10/22 conversion kits that resemble the Walther WA2000 sniper rifle, AUG and P90. .. he's been in pretty much all the gun magazines like Guns and Ammo, Shotgun News, etc.

Edited by the cleaner

So far Im liking it. The finish is better then I expected. I thought it was going to be matte. Just not liking the wood color or finish. They applied the varnish very sloppy, and missed parts on the side that shows. Which I'll fix later myself. My CA mag didnt work in this, and vice versa. Which I was hoping to be able to share mags.

Here is a close up to get a better idea, without flash:

IMG_5108.JPG

So far Im liking it. The finish is better then I expected. I thought it was going to be matte. Just not liking the wood color or finish. They applied the varnish very sloppy, and missed parts on the side that shows. Which I'll fix later myself. My CA mag didnt work in this, and vice versa. Which I was hoping to be able to share mags.

How is internally? Do you need to upgrade something? I want to buy one and upgrade it for durability.

Cyma with King Arms tan tactical kit

CA SLR105 A1 (Steel/Wood version)

KALASH Boyi AKS74U (Full Steel)

http://www.ggkthnx.com/upload/~off/images/IMG_5096.JPG

AK #1: I just threw up in my mouth.

AK #2: Meh.

AK #3: :wub: First FULL STEEL Dboys AKS-74U I've seen so far. How is it? Does the stock crack and does it feel solid?

Edit: Oops, just saw posts below. That Krinkov is t3h sechs. Now all you need is some plum mags ;)

Edited by OverKiller93

dboys RK01-full steel:

rk01_steel_1.jpg

Flash hider: still wobbly. Two words: teflon tape.

rk01_steel_2.jpg

Wood looks fine, after some violent twisting of the upper guard.

rk01_steel_3.jpg

STEEL CHARGING HANDLE YUSSSS!!!! also: spot the damage/rust just behind the wood.

rk01_steel_5.jpg

w00, rust

rk01_steel_4.jpg

Check out that lumpy paint!

rk01_steel_6.jpg

...WHERES THE REAR SIGHT??? it's gone. The pin is there and everything, probably was never installed.

oh well. Here's the solution:

rk01_steel_7.jpg

Drummag so typical Danes, you prob have a 12 volt battery and highspeed motor in it aswell and you dress in either OD or just black? :P;)

I dont think its rust i think its some of the paint from the handguards.

Edited by GRIM!