AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm playing with the idea of getting an AKS-74UN, AKS-74N, or an AK-105. Not sure which one I want to get, though I am leaning toward the AKS-74UN, simply because I can get it from dealers here in the states (in addition to it being short, handy, sexy, and looking damned good with the PBS-4 on it). I'm leaning toward the AKS-74 and AK-105 because I like longer barrels, although I would have to get them from WGC or UNCo. The two wood-furniture versions because I like wood and steel and the appearance of the folding stock, the AK-105 because I like the lack of (what would be in real life) a blasty muzzle device. And any of the three would fit my Montanastan militia load-out, so....

Just a fast question: Is the PBS-4 an appropriate accessory for an AKS-74 or AK-105 and, if so, will the VFC-built PBS-4 mount on the VFC-built airsoft versions of those rifles?

Thanks!

the vfc aks74 and ak74su both have 24mm to 14mm adapters. the vfc pbs-5 is 24mm and will work for both. the pbs-1 are 14mm but some come with a 14mm - 22mm adapters. the ak47 and akms have 14mm while I believe but not possitive the ak105's are 22mm. I could be wrong though.

Nearly an AKM :)

finally got that stamped reciever eh? finish looks off compared to the rest of the gun, work on that though and you'll have a rather sexy gun.

in fact, ever thought about going full AIMS with it now you have the reciever and all?

jagdraben: if you want a PBS4 and realism i'd say AKSU, as im pretty sure the PBS4 was only designed with the AKSU in mind. personally i find the AKSU's sights to be much harder to use and more restrictive than normal AK sights, so if you were to get one i'd recommend chucking a kobra or some other russian RDS on there.

if you werent set on the PBS4 and might consider a PBS1 you could get the AK105 and run it with 7.62 mags (AK104) and use a PBS1 with it. i think that might look damn cool, and i'd be interested to see what it looks like if anyone here has a spare AK104 and PBS1 :)

lets not forget how cool GP30s look when modded to fit 104s too :)

Edited by my_plague_666

This is the first time I have gotten to post up pictures in this thread. It won't be the last. I just picked up this full steel/wood Kalash AKS74U and am very impressed with it so far. These pictures are to serve as the before set for the heavy duty wear that I am planning to do (inflict?) on it. I am a huge fan of battle worn and beaten AK's so this gun is going to receive no quarter. Stay tuned.

newaksuhl7.jpg

newaksu2du3.jpg

I bought mine from RSOV (they were the only place who seemed to have the latest version with the totally steel construction).

I can take a few pictures once I get the orange off the flash hider tomorrow.

So far I'm really impressed with how solid and heavy this piece is. I'm glad that I waited for full steel.

Scaar,

With the Kobra installed, then I understand what people said about GWS Bizon beeing too long compared to the real one... Anyway, it's a serious piece of hardware you have here.

Romulus,

Lateste RK-01 is not "totally" steel... Barrel is still cheap monkey metal ;) But you have to strip the RK-01 to see it, so it's not a problem at all.

Edited by lovecraft25

I ordered the 74M stock from Dboys and installed it on my RK03. I've never fumbled with a 74M stock before, they are surprisingly thin. The pin in the original stock was also IMPOSSIBLE to get out, so I had to cut it with a dremel and fashion a new one out of a big allen key :) Works fine, but you can tell the receiver for the 74M has three mounting brackets for the stock to insert onto intead of the AKS type of stocks, which use two on the top and bottom. Again it inserts fine, it just leaves a gap in the middle exposing the pin.

ak74m3.jpg

ak74m2.jpg

ak74m1.jpg

I also broke the bolt during transpo, now I understand everybodys frustration :/

Ak-104 front pieces on the way from ebaybanned, more pictures to follow :)

Here's the photos you wanted 0nslaught. Let me know if there's anything else in particular that you want to see.

I shot a few more quick pictures of the AKSU now that I have removed the hideous orange tip and started working on wearing the gun down. The finish of the flash hider is really how I would like most of the gun to look.

aksu1fc1.jpg

aksu2mt2.jpg

aksuflashhidertw0.jpg

Works fine, but you can tell the receiver for the 74M has three mounting brackets for the stock to insert onto intead of the AKS type of stocks, which use two on the top and bottom. Again it inserts fine, it just leaves a gap in the middle exposing the pin.

Nope, AK-74M has the same two mounting brackets as AKS-74:

1128676908064.jpg

And I think the RS AK-74M stock is solid rather than hollow like on the dboys replica. dboys has the advantage of making it possible to fit a battery in the stock though, which is what I'm trying to do right now.

I ordered the 74M stock from Dboys and installed it on my RK03.

ak74m1.jpg

I also broke the bolt during transpo, now I understand everybodys frustration :/

Ak-104 front pieces on the way from ebaybanned, more pictures to follow :)

Nice, But I would prefur the skeleton stock. That is, ofcorse, if no one else has the same gun.. I hate when people have the exact same thing as you do, or close to it.

Would you consider giveing away/ Selling your extra stock? I may need a replacement.. Please PM me? :D

Here's the photos you wanted 0nslaught. Let me know if there's anything else in particular that you want to see.

I shot a few more quick pictures of the AKSU now that I have removed the hideous orange tip and started working on wearing the gun down. The finish of the flash hider is really how I would like most of the gun to look.

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/1/aksu1fc1.jpg

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/6853/aksu2mt2.jpg

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/5051/ak...ashhidertw0.jpg

mm, thanks for the pics. btw do you have any comments on the wood? i am most likely going to replace my wood with a VFC set or try and source a real set..

how solid is the gun with the stock folded out? folded in?

last question, did you find any rust or damage when you got it from rsov?